FCK with the formula (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
FCK with the formula
By Marcus Christenson (uefa.com)

Clubs around Europe are having to dig deep to come up with anything resembling a transfer kitty this summer. Paying the price for over-spending in the past, coaches are being forced to wheel and deal their way through the close season.

Sensible management
However, FC København president Flemming Østergaard never bought into the hype - and that has put him in a very good position. The Danish champions' parent company, Parken Sports and Entertainment A/S, made a profit of €9.4m in 2001/02, and their strong financial results have put them in pole position to benefit from today's lower transfer fees and player wages.

'Decent prices'
"This is what it is all about," Østergaard told uefa.com. "More and more players will be available at decent prices and we will now be able to attract some very good players due to our solid financial platform.

Simple philosophy
"That is the way it has to work," he added. "You cannot spend money you have not got and a lot of clubs are paying the price for doing that in the past. Our philosophy is simple - if we earn €100 then we don't spend €110. Those are the rules in every other business but it hasn't been the case in football so far."

Financial success
Østergaard took over FCK in 1997 and has turned the club from a money-losing venture into a financial success. They have bought their home stadium and that is just one of many revenue streams the club can now count on.

Rising interest
Interest in FCK, founded in 1992 when two clubs - B 1903 København and KB København - merged, has skyrocketed. When Østergaard took control, their average home support was 7,000. That number is now nearly 30,000.

European dream
And with financial stability achieved, Østergaard is now waiting for results on the pitch. They will play either Sliema Wanderers FC or FC Skonto in the UEFA Champions League second qualifying round at the end of July - and Østergaard is dreaming of playing in the lucrative group stage.

Sensible ambitions
"It would be great if the club qualified for the group stage but first we have to reach the third qualifying round and then see what happens because there are so many good teams in there," he said. "Our current ranking makes it difficult to reach the group stage but we came close to eliminating S.S. Lazio the last time we played in the tournament."

Financial regulations
Østergaard admits that he cannot wait for UEFA to introduce financial regulations that will make it impossible for clubs to spend money they do not have.

'Economic cheating'
He said: "There is a lot of talk about doping and how bad that is for sport and, of course, it is. Doping is one form of cheating but there is also economic cheating and that is when clubs spend more money than they have got".

'The bubble will burst'
"That is crazy and cannot carry on," he added. "If you look at results from football clubs around Europe from last year then you realise that the bubble will burst. It is very simple - you sit down and do a budget and then you keep to it. But people are not doing that at the moment.

Grim prediction
"I think we will see between 25 and 50 clubs going bankrupt in Europe within the next five years," he concluded. Unless, of course, they take a leaf out of the Østergaard management book.

----------------------------------------------------------------

:extatic: Really great work by Flemming and his club.

They should host a convention, invite all boards of european clubs and teach them a thing or two about finances. :stuckup:

I am really excited now. Denmark may not be far from having a decent and solid team who will be able to compete in Europe. If they keep going at this rate, they could attract some better players. The only problem would be the prospect of playng in the danish league, which isn't very good except for a team or two.

BTW, FCK will be playing either Sliema Wanderers FC or FC Skonto in the 2nd qualifying stage of the Champions League. Does anyone have some info on either team, are they any good???

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
skonto are latvians, that means they suck. after all, they're definetely not basel. don't worry. fear opponent in third qualifying phase whoevet that will be.

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    skonto are latviatds, tthat means they suck. after all, they're definetely not basel. don't worry. fear opponent in third qualifying phase whoevet that will be.
    Ok, I'll take your word for it. :D

I never really feared the teams in the 2nd stage, but there's some nasty ones in the 3rd :nervous:

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    What Djurgården??? Yes, they are probably better and so are Rosenborg. So they are currently ranked 3rd in Scandinavia, but if they keep this up they might just be #1 someday... hopefully! :)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    FCK is better than Rosenborg.
    I hope we face each other again, Parken is the best arena I have ever been to. I am really jealous of you. But I would like to see better polices then. :fero:

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    FCK is better than Rosenborg.
    I hope we face each other again, Parken is the best arena I have ever been to. I am really jealous of you. But I would like to see better polices then. :fero:
    I dunno... Rosenborg have accomplished alot more than FCK, and recently beat them 2-1 in a friendly. Brattbakk scored both Rosenborg's goals... wanker :groan:

About Parken. It is great stadium, the best in Scandinavia IMO. You should swing by when they play Brøndby. Full house (over 40.000 :eek: in a danish league match :eek: ) and a great atmosphere.

The cops suck. Since Arsenal and Galatasaray met in the UEFA Cup final, you know when the fans trashed Copenhagen, the cops have been very up-tight. It's for our own protection but it's really annoyning.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    We haven't had too much trouble with the police. Our firms are doing their thing at their area. But they are growing so I am sure that we will one day see another tragic death.
    Do you have any firms down there?

How is the singing nowadays? We sang you out pretty well last time both home and away. :p
    I would very much like to see a Bröndby - FCK match. It is said that the AIK - Djurgården games are among the best in the world. It is just getting better and better every time as we get more experienced people. It would be fun to compare our two "clacks".

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Yes there is firms, but not so organized as in Sweden I guess.
    The singing is pretty good, and yes you did but you were also winning! :p :D

I've never been to a AIK-Djurgården game, but I've seen it on TV. The FCK - Brøndby matches get's really wild. I don't really know which is more nutty :D

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    FCK showed their strength today when they played Galatasaray in a friendly tournament called Dunlopillo Cup.

The match ended 1-1. Zuma scored FCK's goal, while the turkish goalscorer was some dude called Hakan something. The turks eventually won 4-2 on penalties.

It's looking good. :)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I thought Zuma left for Udinese along with Roy Hodgson, well obviously not.

That is a great result for them. Are you haveing a summer break in the danish league now? We are just in the middle.

Djurgården just bought 4 new players the last week, Toni Kuivasto, Van Den Ouden, Fredrik Stenman and Jesper Blomquist. This after losing Johan Elmander and Mikael Dorsin.

In the first game without Elmander and Dorsin they won 3-0 away against Örgryte. A great result as they lost 3-0 the week before to the same team. Van den Ouden scored one goal and Kuivasto was man of the match. New game tonight against the boring team Örebro.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    No no, the board would never allow that. Zuma wont just leave for a few bucks.

That idiot Roy Hodgson brought Thomas Thorninger... that was obviously a mistake. I never liked the guy, he's seriously overrated, which was proved in Udine.

The summer break is almost over. The new season will start this weekend. FCK will play Aab in the first match... unfortunately not in Copenhagen, but in Jutland :groan:

:D

I haven't been following the swedish league that much this season. But Djurgården is in the lead right?

BTW, why is it that the swedish league starts somewhere around march instead of august? Does it get too cold around october-november?

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    It is way too cold. It would be like playing on ice. We have very serious problem with starting in march. Many of the first game had to be delayed because the pitches were unplayable. It is first in june that the pitch is ok. The national stadium "Råsunda" always has problems.

Djurgården won again yesterday 3-0 against Örebro. Two new goals by den Ouden. Three goals in two games from him. Kim Källström scored the last goal, now he has scored 10 goals which puts him as second top scorer in the league. And he is a midfielder!!!

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    It is way too cold. It would be like playing on ice. We have very serious problem with starting in march. Many of the first game had to be delayed because the pitches were unplayable. It is first in june that the pitch is ok. The national stadium "Råsunda" always has problems.
    That's what I figured...

Djurgården won again yesterday 3-0 against Örebro. Two new goals by den Ouden. Three goals in two games from him. Kim Källström scored the last goal, now he has scored 10 goals which puts him as second top scorer in the league. And he is a midfielder!!!
    Good for you! :D I hope they win it, all though I kinda like Hammarby... now you'll probably rip my head off :D

And Källström... I've seen him play many times. He's very good, but isn't it about time he tried his luck abroad???

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Of course I hope he will stay with us but I can't understand why he doesn't leave. Empoli made a bid of 3.5 million dollars but it was rejected both because DIF wasn't satisfied and Källström wasn't interested.
    He is the biggest talent we have had in a long time but he is also established. He is regular in the national team and has been man of the match a few times.
    I would be choocked if he doesn't leave us soon. If he does I hope he leaves for an italian team so that I can see him against Zambrotta and co.
    Do you have any talents in FCK except for Zuma?

If you would have been a AIK fan I would probably have ripped your head off. "Bajen" is ok, but we hate them of course. :D

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    Well, I wouldn't call Zuma a talent. He's like 28 years old, so he's pretty established :D

But there is a few good young players... Jesper Bech (forward), who I suspect will play alot this season. There's also some midfielders like Hjalte Nørregaard and Christian Traoré... but the biggest talent is Martin Albrechtsen. He's already a very good defender and he's also on the danish NT. Inter have been sneaking around, but haven't made an offer yet.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    I've been thinking... how about a scandinavian cup or something. I believe it's been discussed before, but nothing happended.

Denmark, Norway and Sweden have pretty equal teams, and unfortunately they all have problems in Champions League and the UEFA Cup.

I think it could be really cool and very good for the scandinavian teams to have such a tournament.

The smaller teams could start early, and when the bigger teams eventually gets knocked out of CL or UEFA, they could join up in the scandinavian cup, just like it's been done in the UEFA Cup.

Maybe it could bring in some more money and some of that glory and attention that we don't see much of.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Your avatar is awesome :extatic:

A nordic superleague has been discussed several times in sweden. I am not sure if it would make things better sportly. But it would mean more fun trips abroad. I do not want to go to Yugoslavia if I instead can go to Köpenhamn cheap, that would mean more money for the club, but less money for me.

I remember when AIK was in the Champions league 98, it was amazing. Nebojsas Nevkovics (former DJurgården player) lob against Barcelona was one of the most beautiful goals I have ever seen. I actually felt sad when Barcelona scored those two controversial goals on over time.

By the way I noticed that you have Mykland in your squad. I love that guy, is he any good nowadays?

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Your avatar is awesome :extatic:
    Thanks, I knew you would like it! ;)

A nordic superleague has been discussed several times in sweden. I am not sure if it would make things better sportly. But it would mean more fun trips abroad. I do not want to go to Yugoslavia if I instead can go to Köpenhamn cheap, that would mean more money for the club, but less money for me.
    I know what you mean. You really want to be there for the away games... But that's not exactly cheap, when the opponent comes from a completely other part of europe. I would be cool going to Stockholm or perhaps just to Skåne... very close to me :) ;)
    I wouldn't mind a trip to Oslo either. People always get totally hammered on their way up there.

I remember when AIK was in the Champions league 98, it was amazing. Nebojsas Nevkovics (former DJurgården player) lob against Barcelona was one of the most beautiful goals I have ever seen. I actually felt sad when Barcelona scored those two controversial goals on over time.
    It rings a bell, but I don't remember that to well. But I do remember when Helsingborg knocked out Inter... that was sooo coooooool! :D

By the way I noticed that you have Mykland in your squad. I love that guy, is he any good nowadays?
    He's slowing down, but he's still good. His workrate in midfield is awesome, but he doesn't last as long as he used to.

We've also got some swedish dudes you know. Magnus Kihlstedt, Tomas Antonelius and Jörgen Pettersson. Like any of them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)