FC Basel - Juventus (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
* Tuesday night

* If La Coruna wins , Juventus are threw in any case, even if we lose 10-0 to Basel ;)

* If La Coruna doesn't win, a 4-0(or more) win will be enough for Basel, and they will be in the quarters instead of us :scared:

* Davids is suspended

* The table:

Man. United 11-3 13
Juventus 10-9 7
Deportivo 5-8 4
Basel 3-9 4

* in the quarters:
we'll meet one of the teams which won their group. we won't meet Manchester United.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
good, I don't care about the league anymore, another CL match thread!

Well, I reckon Deportivo will win (Fergie has said he will field a weakened team) therefore expect a Depor romp. Having said that I want us to win this match anyway, to prove a point (winning away as well) so I would play the first team, except with a few experimentations, maybe go with Tudor in defence with Iuliano, Pessotto has to play at left back too, no more out of position players please lippi. Thuram at right back complets that side of things.

Into midfield, I would give Zenoni a go at right mid, and play Zambrotta at left mid. One thing these guys got is pace, so we can be very good on the counter attack. Playing Tacchinardi as the anchor man will allow our two attacking mids, Camo and Di Vaio to create and bomb forwards in support of Di Vaio up front.

OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I think we should play with almost all of our first team players.
    Don't forget we are not 100% in the quarter final. I don't want risks.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    I think we should play with almost all of our first team players.
    Don't forget we are not 100% in the quarter final. I don't want risks.
    I agree. We can rest a few players (Trez, Montero, Ferrara) but we should not be overconfident and go with reserves, as they will lose, like 3-0 which will be deeply embarassing.

Thats why my team is so good. It gives players a chance like Iuliano, Tudor, Zenoni, and Zambrotta in a better position for him, but keeps the key players in there (Tacchinardi, Nedved)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    how can basle qualify instead of us if they win 4-0 at this point we are equal in head to head clashes and we certainly have the Goal difference on our side. I think they should beat us by 5 goals or more to qualify.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    firstly, its Basel :p;)

second, if they beat us 4-0 it will go down to past record in the competition (points, and goals scored, and goal difference all the same) so we win there!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    we have to give our reserve team some exposure.they haven't had a game for a very long time now we're out of the coppa and this is time to break our away duck for only the second time in 6 years in the CL.if we can win away in the CL twice in a season it would go a long way in changing my view about our chances in this season.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I agree. We can rest a few players (Trez, Montero, Ferrara) but we should not be overconfident and go with reserves, as they will lose, like 3-0 which will be deeply embarassing.

Thats why my team is so good. It gives players a chance like Iuliano, Tudor, Zenoni, and Zambrotta in a better position for him, but keeps the key players in there (Tacchinardi, Nedved)
    I THINK JUVE SHOULD PLAY RELAXED AND WITH ZALAYETA AND SALAS ONLY SINCE THE DEFENCE WILL TAKE ALL THE PRESSURE .

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Actually If we dont attack they will. The only way to ensure a safe result is a tight defence, and an attack that comes up occasionally, just to put pressure on the defence.

IMHO We can play a weakened side, but we HAVE to have a few good subs IN CASE things go wrong. That way we cover the worst case scenario.

Lets say we're 2 goals down with our weakened side by HT. Par Example. Near-worst case scenario.

We can then afford to bring in a quality addition to the field who will prevent any more damage,

Hence our black-and-white-striped asses are as safe as can be, prepared for nearly anything Basel might throw, kick, flick, or haul at us.

And just in case we are in the mood to go go out with a win, and a good one, we bring in a midfielder who puts more pressure on their midfield/defence, and hence provides us more chances= more possible goals.

AKA victory.

I'd like to see a clean sheet though. When was the last time we had a clean sheet in the CL?

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    Guys, I haven't been the same since the 3 goal drubbing we received from Manchester. I have been overrating Juve as a team all season, and I've learned my lesson.

Against Basel, well I think we'll go down 1-0.

I'm out like Deportivo in CL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    firstly, its Basel :p;)

second, if they beat us 4-0 it will go down to past record in the competition (points, and goals scored, and goal difference all the same) so we win there!
    Error, never understimate the enemy, here is when the problems begin. Maybe we are the the next stage but we must win to be sure.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Oh for crying out loud!!

I said it's the same bloody principle! Not the same thing! You may accuse me of a lot but I'm right on this one!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)