Favourite Non-Juve Players (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Mine are currently Lampard, Rothen, Marchionni, Vicente and Mexes.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey Davids is still Juve....

Chong-Gug Song
    Ji-Sung Park
    Ki-Hyeon Seol
    Young-Pyo Lee
    Chun-Soo Lee

Then there's

Aimar
    Maldini
    Rosicky
    Van der Vart
    Kaka

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

How is Landon Donovan doing these days? He left me a most positive impression at the WC, but I kind of lost his track since.
    He's actually doing very well. He was voted the MVP of the MLS this past year, however, as you probably know, his move to the EPL was blocked, and I think that Bayer Leverkusen(sp?) still own his rights.

Unless the MLS gets a major upgrade in talent soon, or he plays overseas, I'm afraid that his game will stagnate here in the US. He's a big-time player, though.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    how come he never made it at leverkusen? how old was he back then? he's around 25 now, right?
    landon turns 22 on March 4th.

he signed his contract with Leverkusen when he was 17. He's still a kid, and maybe he feels that the EPL would suit him more, since it's a more finesse league. Bayer's not about to just give him away. Remember, he's not that big. He's 5'8", 150 lbs.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    By the time the 2006 WC rolls around, he'll only be 24.

Watch out for the US team in a couple of years. They have a LOT of young talent coming in, as well as the young guys who will be experienced, such as Donovan, Beasley, Bocanegra, Tim Howard, Bobby Convey....etc.

Could scare some teams in Germany in a couple of years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)