Favourite actors (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Now why is that Erikp, its nothing to do with where Depardieu is from but I haven't seen any films he has really excelled in, and i have seen him in some rubbish like 102 dalmatians,man in iron mask,bogus(now that was terrible),1492 chrsitoper columbus

|You ought to know by now that where you come from has nothing to do with my likeing the person's talent

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
for the ladies

Julianne Moore
Kristin scott Thomas
Marilyn Monroe for her acting :)
And
Susan Sarandon
Nicole Kidman
Sigourney Weaver
Meryl Streep
Glenn Close
Betty Davies
Liv Tyler
Winona Ryder

I think that's enough.

btw: you surprise me again. I mean, most people, hearing Maggie Smith, asks: Who? Who? or sth similar ;) And I like her too, but not one of my fav :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Now why is that Erikp, its nothing to do with where Depardieu is from but I haven't seen any films he has really excelled in, and i have seen him in some rubbish like 102 dalmatians,man in iron mask,bogus(now that was terrible),1492 chrsitoper columbus

|You ought to know by now that where you come from has nothing to do with my likeing the person's talent
Sorry - the prejudice was formed while I was in England and didn't meet a single soul who liked him if they knew him at all! ;)

Those aren't his best movies at all - I agree.

Try 'Cyrano de Bergerac' and if you still don't like him then, I can't help you... ;)

Here's some info about the film:

Cyrano de Bergerac (1990)

Cast: Gérard Depardieu, Anne Brochet, Vincent Perez, Jacques Weber, Roland Bertin

Plot: Cyrano de Bergerac (Depardieu) is a larger-than-life officer of an elite French guard. He is legendary among his fellow soldiers for his skill with a sword (in one pivotal scene he takes on, and bests, 100 men), his sharp, witty style, and, of course, his gigantic nose. But Cyrano has the soul of a poet and he falls in love with his cousin Roxanne (Brochet). The day he finally summons the courage to speak she tells him she's in love with a handsome young man she's never met -- Christian (Perez). Christian is going into the guard and Roxanne enlists Cyrano's help to protect him from the other cadets and to act as a go-between.

Devastated that he will never be handsome enough to woo Roxanne himself, Cyrano helps Christian to woo her. Christian, it turns out, is exceedingly dull so Cyrano writes love letters for him, pouring out his heart to Roxanne under Christian's name. Roxanne is smitten by the letters, but does she love Christian or Cyrano?

Awards:
Won: Cannes '90 Best Actor; 10 César wins including Best Actor, Best Film, Best Director; London Film Critics Actor of the Year. Nominations: '91 Oscars Best Actor, Best Foreign Film. For more awards, see imdb.com link below.

Critical Consensus: This film is often regarded as Depardieu's best -- an illuminated pairing of actor and role. Depardieu himself called Cyrano his "role of my 40's". He reportedly had a great deal of trouble coming out of character once production ended and continued to sport the Cyrano hair and moustache for a long while.

Trivia: Depardieu was considered a shoe in for the 1991 Best Actor Oscar for "Cyrano", but when a scandal break out in the press regarding a comment Depardieu had made about his youth as a juvenile delinquent, the Oscar went to Jeremy Irons for "Reversal of Fortune" instead.

"Gerard Depardieu's grand performance as the facially disgraced swordsman-poet sets a new standard with which all future Cyranos will have to reckon." -- Variety

"Over the years, the prolific Depardieu -- a French superstar who turns out two or three movies a year -- has proven what a wide range of talent he has in an amazing array of films. But certainly "Cyrano" is some sort of fitting apex, an incredibly entertaining classic brought to life by one of the world's most talented craftsmen." -- Chris Hicks, Deseret News, Salt Lake City

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Its called Roxanne and I didn't say i didn't like Gerard, I said i don't think he is the best actor in the world, i prefer Kevin Spacey who i feel is excellent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)