Fausto Rossi (4 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Looks composed despite the opponents being Inter ...

Even a bit-part role in the Italian Cup will do wonders for a teen who is only 17 and I dun see Nedved being actively involved in this competition.

Sure hopes he can do a "Lionel Messi", the Nedved replacement might just be in our own backyard waiting to be unearthed. ;)
I think that's way too big of a call to make atm, Messi is a freak a nature and we can hope all we like that Rossi turns out half as good as him but too advocate comparisions already is way too presumptious

but why only rossi draws the attention...i thought pasquato was something like new giovinco...
There's at least 1 new Del Piero in the primavera each year (Chiumento, Paolucci, Palladino, Volpato)..

I think the trainers who work with the players day in day out felt that Rossi is ready for the senior team
He's not ready for the first team, but I agree with you in that he must have showed enough qualities to impress Ranieri enough into giving him a shot against Inter, a chance he took with both hands and we can only hope with the little chances he gets this year he continues to shine but they're are far greater priorities and other more mature players need playing time as well

farinazzo

Jul 4, 2008
I'm sick of "youngsters". F*#$ them all. All the talk with youngsters is "potential, potential, potential". And we fans get to get off on some quasi-pedophilia by fawning over what some player could be and not what some player is.

"The next Del Piero." "The next Trezeguet." "The next blah blah blah."

People place their hopes and dreams in untested, young players because they carry none of the scars of failure and disappointment of more seasoned veterans.

Well, great if they can help out the team. Great if they can help out in a few years. But I really have had enough of this sport and its ridiculous fawning over young pre-talent. It's made the sport a wishing game more than a doing game.

And I'm through with wishing. I want some silverware. And they don't hand out trophies for potential.

I would love it if our coach could nail these young players to the wall and not coddle them the way the media and fans do. The game is difficult. Losses will happen. They will screw up. So give up those fantasies of perfection and learn to live in the reality of today.

"What have you done for us lately?" If they can't answer that, throw them back into the sea. They're too small of a catch.

Calm down!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I thought that was well done on Swag's part. Why give away an important first team slot to someone who may help out, instead of using it on a player you know will give you something.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
haha no good post and i must agree...to a degree. The reason the potential is not always lived up to in young players is because of lack of chances and lack of experience at the highest level.
Not that this would ever happen, especially at Juve, but in Australia our football relies very much on young players. What they do is have a rebuilding phase: they sacrifice one or two years playing with inexperience young talent and allow them to grow as fast as possible while playing against the top sides.
I'd love to see what would happen if we played all our best primaveri in Serie A. They would get smashed each week for 1 or 2 years but by a time they would have a wealth of knowledge and experience that some players would only have in their mid to late 20's rather than early 20's. Therefore, by the time they are mid 20 year olds they will be playing with the football brains of more experienced players but with younger and fitter bodies.:D
So if that didn't make sense: the more time on the feild playing at the highest level the more experienced you are...no matter how young.

Just a theory.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's a noble idea except that I doubt Juve fans would really want to see their squad get trounced for 2 years just so Primavera players would gain experience.

As for the keeping Rossi on the first team all year, like the kid is really going to play on a regular basis. Barca tried that with Dos Santos last year and the kid hardly played, now he's a yid and who knows how he'll turn out. The reason this philosophy worked with Messi, is because Messi is a one of a kind phenomenal footballer that comes along once in a lifetime. To expect Rossi or anyone else to come in and be some sort of wonderkid while sitting the bench is pretty moronic. Sure let him train with the first team as long as he is still available for reserve matches. In order to progress as a footballer you need to play full speed matches as often as possible. If he really needs 1st team football then loan him out to a team where he can start.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
I think keeping Rossi in the first team makes sense, because he seems quite resolute for me and being in the main squad and sometimes coming on to the pitch will do a good possibility for improving.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Except there is no guarantee that he will play consistantly. Sure it's an honor to ride the pine but once the season starts the practices really lose there strenuous nature and become more tactical and corrective sessions hardly helpful to player development.:vinny:

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Yes, sure I meant that he should play almost consistantly as a substitute and I think Ranieri will give him such possibility as we have not big choice among creative players, also taking in to account that our creatives are not in their early ages and he is not too bad even right now so he can really help the team in difficult situations not only practicing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)