Fast food Nation. (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I found an interesting site that talks about the processes required to raise and slaughter animals (in particular KFC chicken). They've got some interesting videos there that animal lovers might find hard to watch. I'm not here to advocate vegatarianism or anything like that, but it looks like a relevant site to the discussion at hand

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #44
    Well, the first few chapters of the book explain how the industry operates mostly elnur, but its still pretty horrible. It also explains the effect they have on schools.b

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    The video about how the birds on the farm is mostly propaganda. The only thing that they shouldnt do is the beak thing, otherwise so? They are raised to be food. Excellent, but what im concerned about is the diesies that comes with them, what they are fed, i dont care about their living conditions as long as they are sanitary.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46
    Im just watching the other video... such propaganda. Its how we get meat, are they against killing animals? the only thing of concern is that they sell sub standard meat.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #47
    Oh god, ' cows give milk for their offspring not for humans ' Give me a break.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I didn't see that one :) It's very biased stuff, but interesting nonetheless. One interesting thing to do is to alternate between having sound and muting it when they show the normal footage of pigs just sitting around and stuff. Music is a powerful thing :) I think they abuse it though, having that slow guitar stuff going while showing pigs that aren't even shown to be suffering.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #49
    yeah, it is bias. These animals are raised to be killed after all! It really is propaganda, i really could not care how they operate and if they choose to think thats animal creulty. Some scenes, are admittedly a bit sickening and wrong, but the whole they will never touch grass thing is slightly over the top. The meat i want to eat has to be clean meat (ie no ecoli, samolnela or dirt) i dont mind as long as clean meat is provided, which nowdays in the Fast food industry is not happening.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    I recall Jeeks had one hell of a shirt last summer:

"I LOVE MEAT"!!!!

Yeah!
    The T-Shirt is 'Animals taste good'

But here's another quote for you:

'If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?' :D

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    oh and i do have to say the mcds dollar menu does get me back every now and again. three mcchickens for three bucks. oh yeah.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #54
    Ive beaten that activist/idealist phase I was in. I eat fast food, not regularly but sometimes. Ill play dice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)