Fake Or Foto?? (1 Viewer)

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    it's nice.. you can send them your work.. if you have any CG or photographic work, they might include it in their next round..

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    it's nice.. you can send them your work.. if you have any CG or photographic work, they might include it in their next round..
    I dont think they accept mutated women, zombies and skull people. :D

Seriously though I couldnt make something that realistic from sratch. I could manipulate and make it realistic but this is outta my league.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    No, they're real, you can check the answers you know.
    I think you're talking about the photo with the 3 nails, not the CG large bunch of nails (sorry if I spoiled it for anyone)

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    Its not hard at all when you look for the parts that give it away.

The only one that might be tricky is the golfball but thats just because the grass has been worked with in a graffics program. Look for the little damages on the golf ball, they would never be in a CG.

Everyone of the CGs are completely obvious. I didnt even need to enlarge them except the nails

Photos always have something that you wouldnt necessarily put there in a CG. CG's always have tones that arent realistic (the grass for example)

My first graphics teacher told me I would never trust photos again now that I was learning photoshop. What a load of crap :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Agreed. I was told about that whole "Death of photography as a reliable medium" thing too, but I don't really buy it either

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    it's only a matter of time before CG gets advanced enough to decieve even the most experienced of spotters.it's still a developing technology so while photography is still a reliable source is most cases i reckon we haven't seen the best of CG work yet.

in any case that quiz didn't exactly comprise of superb quality pictures,which might explain why everyone did so well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)