Facts...... (1 Viewer)

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
I don't know bout you guys but some of the injuries below is cause from...eerrr....what should I call it.......accident?:D

A selection of bizarre football injuries. And Roy Keane was not responsible for any of them!

Santiago Canizares, Spain's first choice keeper, dropped a bottleof aftershave on his foot, severed a tendon and missed the 2002 World Cup.

Steve Morrow of Arsenal was celebrating after the final whistle, having scored the winning goal in the 1993 League Cup Final.
He was picked up and dropped by skipper Tony Adams, breaking his arm.

Portsmouth striker John Durnin crashed his golf buggy and dislocated an elbow

Goalkeeper Michael Stensgaard, then of Liverpool, dislocated a shoulder trying to stop an ironing board from falling over. He never played for Liverpool again. :LOL:

Alan Wright of Aston Villa strained his knee due to the awkward positioning of his Ferrari's accelerator.

Charlie George of Arsenal lost a toe whilst mowing the lawn

Chic Brodie of Brentford never played again after suffering severe groin strain when he collided with a stray dog during a Division 2 game in the 60's. :LOL:

Milan Rapaic of Hajduk Split missed the start of the 95/96 season after sticking his boarding pass in his eye at the airport.

In 1995 an Indonesian player was killed by pigs that overran a pitch where his team were training.:wth::LOL::rofl:

Chelsea goalkeeper Dave Beasant, preceded Jose Canizares by several years when he severed a tendon in his big toe after dropping a jar of salad cream on his foot.:howler:

In 1995 David Seaman pulled a muscle in his back reaching for the TV remote to watch Coronation Street.:LOL:

Imre Varadi of Leeds strained his back shovelling snow from a neighbour's drive

Alan Nielsen missed three games for Spurs after his new-born daughter poked him in the eye

Rio Ferdinand missed three matches after straining a tendon behind his knee. The cause? He'd spent several hours in the same position with his foot up on the coffee table.

Paul Gascoigne missed one game at Lazio after straining his thigh getting out of bed.:LOL:

Gary Naysmith, playing for Scotland U21's in Bosnia, stood on a drain cover whilst taking a long throw. It collapsed and he fell down a man hole.:LOL:

Former Man Utd goalkeeper Alex Stepney dislocated his jaw shouting at his defenders.:rofl::LOL::LOL::rofl:

:D:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
Santiago Canizares, Spain's first choice keeper, dropped a bottleof aftershave on his foot, severed a tendon and missed the 2002 World Cup.
The worst part is, i heard he actually tried to use his football skills to catch the bottle with his foot. Stick to goalkeeping, mate :LOL:
Goalkeeper Michael Stensgaard, then of Liverpool, dislocated a shoulder trying to stop an ironing board from falling over. He never played for Liverpool again. :LOL:
:rofl:
Alan Wright of Aston Villa strained his knee due to the awkward positioning of his Ferrari's accelerator.
Awkward position? Was he flooring it or something? :LOL:
Milan Rapaic of Hajduk Split missed the start of the 95/96 season after sticking his boarding pass in his eye at the airport.
:rofl::LOL::howler:
In 1995 an Indonesian player was killed by pigs that overran a pitch where his team were training.:wth::LOL::rofl:
:wth:
In 1995 David Seaman pulled a muscle in his back reaching for the TV remote to watch Coronation Street.:LOL:
:rofl: I remember hearing about that :LOL:
Imre Varadi of Leeds strained his back shovelling snow from a neighbour's drive
Poor guy :down: That's what you get for helping people these days :(
Alan Nielsen missed three games for Spurs after his new-born daughter poked him in the eye
:LOL:
Rio Ferdinand missed three matches after straining a tendon behind his knee. The cause? He'd spent several hours in the same position with his foot up on the coffee table.
:rofl::LOL:
Paul Gascoigne missed one game at Lazio after straining his thigh getting out of bed.:LOL:
After a hard night's drinking, no doubt! :p
Gary Naysmith, playing for Scotland U21's in Bosnia, stood on a drain cover whilst taking a long throw. It collapsed and he fell down a man hole.:LOL:
:LOL::rofl::howler:
Former Man Utd goalkeeper Alex Stepney dislocated his jaw shouting at his defenders.:rofl::LOL::LOL::rofl:
:rofl: you sure that wasn't Peter Schmeichel?

Don't forget Alex Ferguson needing to get jaw surgery because he chewed so much gum :LOL:

Thanks for sharing mate, that was hilarious :thumb:

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002

A selection of bizarre football injuries. And Roy Keane was not responsible for any of them!

:D:D [/QUOTE]

My goodness, I never knew that :eek::wtf::D

You know what, last season, Depor player (Andrade??) got an injured because a snake bite him on his hand when he tried to take it. It happened in an airport after Super Depor had an away match in La Liga. He saw that snake and he found that its color was beautiful...then he tried to take it, but unfortunately he didn't know that the snake was very dangerous, it bite him. Then he needed some treatment for that, He missed the CL match on the next day....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I do that too :embarass:

Whenever I drop something or something drops, I always instinctively try to kick it back up. Though I'm not sure if I'd do it with a glass bottle a couple of weeks before playing in a World Cup :rolleyes:

OP
Sid

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Don't forget Alex Ferguson needing to get jaw surgery because he chewed so much gum :LOL:

Thanks for sharing mate, that was hilarious :thumb:
    yeah...I aware of that, he always chew gums...weird

No problem, glad you people like it:D:cool:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

:D:D
    3 options.

1.the defenders had really SUCKED this day....

2.the Goalkeeper was very tense person

3.both!

OP
    Sid

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    actually, I found the article ACCIDENTLY, when I was looking for Canizares stuff:D

thats all I guess..........

you never know what you will find on the net:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)