Fabio Quagliarella (9 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's not about wanting him sold. We need to upgrade our attack and if we want to do that, we have to make room for him. That should simply be Quag. Now I know you're going to repeat the same post that he has the most goals with less minutes than the others card, but Vucinic won't be sold as he's indeed our best forward, irrelevant of what Sheik says, Giovinco won't neither as Conte apparently rates him a lot, Matri is the only logical sub to Llorente in the team, and that leaves him.
That should simply be Quag?? Excuse me, but if a player has failed to settle in, or doesn't fit in a coach's plan tactically, he could be sold. But when a player the coach doesn't 'apparently rate' continues to work his ass off and work his way up the hierarchy there is nothing simple about that sale. I'd much rather have a player that doesn't fit tactically and still scores than players who do fit and can't score. While its been pretty inexplicable as to why Conte has treated Quag this way, it seems more like a temperamental difference than one based on talent, because Quag is proving that nearly every chance he gets. Quag's ability to play SS or CF make him an unpredictable player, and even when coming off the bench he can make the difference.

Matri may eventually be sub to Llorente's, but there is nothing logical in that choice, apart from your evident bias. If Conte's team is built on work ethic and teamwork, then I simply can't see how Quag should be sold because he's done his work better than any other striker in the team. It's true, Vucinic and Gio are the best forwards we have, but that's only on paper. Forget Quag, even if this was Borriello we were talking about and he was performing at this level with limited chances, I'd still be in favor of keeping him coz it would be for the greater good of the team. Even when thinking of a sale, there are a lot of factors that need to be considered. Losing Quag for 8m or something is not worth anybody's while because he's a lot more valuable to the team than that. Unless you're getting a Suarez by selling Quag and/or Matri, you don't sell them, because not too many strikers in the world can adapt the way he does, and has. Even if one was to hate the player, you can have nothing but respect that despite all the odds he has continued to do his work and for most part, excelled at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)