Fabio Quagliarella (9 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I've watched him play for the Azzuri, Udinese and Napoli too you know. he was never a world beater and he isn't going to suddenly transform into a world class player at this age. He is a squad player like you said and rotating our mediocre strikers squeezed out an average of 10 goals for each but we definitely do need a step up in attack we need a starter next to Llorente. I never said the others are any better than he is they are all replaceable. Add Giovinco to the transfer list next to Quag and Matri and sell one of the 3 (again assuming we will replace him with a top player) based on the best deal we get out of the three.

We need a WC starter to be as good as the European top guns and that has to come at the expense of one of our current equally-mediocre and moody strikers. Conte would have started Quags had he seen in him the qualities that gurantee him a staring spot.
You do know Napoli paid 18m for him?! It may not make sense in hindsight, but that's because he is a capable player. Also playing for Udinese and Napoli isn't the same as playing for Juve. I keep hearing how he is an 11-12 goal striker. God knows what he would've rattled up if he didn't get injured in his first season at Juve. It's a very different scenario playing for a bigger team. You are normally well supported by a stronger midfield and if you have the qualities you can make the leap to being a star player.

That said, Quag has been extremely unlucky at Juve. First, the injury, and then Conte's choices. You say Conte would've started Quag had he seen the qualities that guarantee a starting spot. Bear in mind you're speaking of the same Conte who used Borriello last season, and hasn't given Quag too many consecutive starts despite being our most effective striker. Wonder what starting qualities a striker needs to start, if not a goal every 80-90 minutes?!

The other mistake a lot of people are making, is assuming Llorente's position in the team. It's great we got him on a free and all that but he is coming with absolutely no guarantees. He hasn't played for a majority of the season, is switching teams, not to mention leagues. We need to be very intelligent with our moves on the mercato. You're talking about a top player, but the best, we can realistically aim for is Sanchez. And if that's the case, he should be replacing Giovinco, not Quag or Matri because those two are proving time and again that they have an understanding in attack. Something we haven't had all season across combinations.

- - - Updated - - -

Could Quags be used as a Llorente sub for next season? This brings us back to his status of player - is he a ST or CF?
Depends on the formation we play. If Conte looks at the 433 again, think Quag would find it harder being the centre of a three prong attack. But if we stick with the 352, he is hybrid enough to take on either role.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
That's if anybody wants to buy him. Can't see many clubs willing to pay close to what he earns now, in addition to a transfer fee.
Inter, Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina, Wolfsburg, Aston Villa, West Ham have all wanted to buy him. There's a reason he wasn't sold. That's coz he's the most lethal striker we have.

- - - Updated - - -

scorin goals in Italy and CL, is in his prime, why would anyone not want to buy him??
Question is, why would anyone want to sell him? ;) I'll tell you, coz the Tuz are haters. And they gonna hate.

- - - Updated - - -

He bleached a report? Sell.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he continues like this. Especially in the CL
There are people who rather he doesn't. Just so that he can be sold. Irrespective of what bearing it has on the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)