Fabio Quagliarella (23 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Hope Quag gets a start against Siena. He's earned it me thinks. Vucinic should be on the bench for is one, but an433 may mean Vuci gets a start.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
IMO a fit Vucinic starts any day of the week. 4-3-3 or otherwise..
I doubt that. On form Quag is just as good if not better than Vucinic. He fits the 424 and 352 systems better IMO. 433 suits Vucinic more, but I don't think you can discount the fact that Quag's presence upfront keeps things just as dynamic. Whereas Vucinic is more inconsistent and lazier.

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
I doubt that. On form Quag is just as good if not better than Vucinic. He fits the 424 and 352 systems better IMO. 433 suits Vucinic more, but I don't think you can discount the fact that Quag's presence upfront keeps things just as dynamic. Whereas Vucinic is more inconsistent and lazier.
You're overrating Quag a bit there. I think he's a little too limited to play Vucinic's role. Mirko has that extra edge over Quag that enables him to create threat out of nowhere. Not to mention how easily he runs past defenders. You said Mirko is lazy, at the start of the season it seemed like it, but prior to his injury, he has been running his socks off tracking back and applying pressure.

Anyways, I honestly don't think they are competing for the same spot. Vucinic gets involved in most of our buildup while Quag on the other hand is usually closer to the goal trying to find space to take a shot/header. I see Quag as more of a CF than a SS or a winger forward. He doesn't have the skills to play that role.

On current form, even Quag's shots are somewhat off. He also seems to lack the stamina to play 90 minutess let alone tracking back during those minutes. The way I see it, he is a perfect bench player for us, a supersub. Until he finds his form back and prove otherwise.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Actually, i think youre underrating Quag here. I don't know if you were able to see the last few games that Quag played for us. You probably missed how dynamic he made the entire team going forward, playing from a much deeper position, mind you.

There is no doubt that Vucinic prefers playing the wider forward role, but anything in and around the box is Quag territory. The advantage he has over Vucinic is that he can do most things Vucinic can in build up play, and go a step further with his finishing. He is by far the better goalscorer of the two.

Quag doesn't have the skills to play the SS role?! Surprising you say that, because that's all he's been doing every time Conte puts him on the pitch, and he's just as devastating there. His passing, movement, intelligence off the ball, makes him perhaps the most complete striker we have on the team. Technically, it may be apples and oranges for some, but Quag in my book is every bit as skilful as Vucinic. In fact I'll go as far as saying that last year's Quag, is well ahead of this year's Vucinic all things considered.

Yes, his shots are not what we are used to seeing, but every time he has been on the pitch he has been a threat for the opponent and always looked dangerous moving forward. I completely disagree with the notion that he is nothing more than super sub material. Its really a matter of the system being deployed that may or may not suit a player. Vucinic could easily be benched by the likes of JoJo and even Rossi in the 433. Current form is not a yardstick to judge the overall capability of a player when one has seen him perform rungs above that. I don't know how much you've seen off him or Juventus this season, but he has tracked back and helped out in d a lot more than Vucinic ever does. The only thing Quag is missing right now is goalscoring confidence, but thankfully there are more attributes to his game that Conte believes he can use and it's there for all to see. Lacking 90 minutes is a matter of returning from injury, and that's not up for debate for any player, let alone Quag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)