Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
and llorente hasn't played football in over a year.

makes sense.

around january we'll see him start every game. it'll be like a winter signing!

oh, wait. i'm thinking of gilardino.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
but quagliarella's in the best form of his life...
I think Conte is being a bit stubborn with Llorente by not giving him some much needed minutes. Although, I'm not so sure, coming into a packed San Siro would've been an ideal time for him. I can see that maybe Conte is trying to protect Llorente psychologically, there is also a hint of reason, that he should give him a few minutes to win back some confidence in less pressurised situations. The media is blowing this out of proportion and I hope we don't have Elia v2 on our hands.

As for Quag being in good form, honestly, Llorente aside, if he is available and has always been to the team and the coach, and kept his head down and worked hard, then why doesn't he deserve to get his minutes if the coach thinks he's training well? Shows the temperament of the player. He is not scared to fight for his place on the team. And he more than proved it last year as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The only one who should feel shocked is Llorente, not you. I wonder how stupid he's feeling, with his boss thinking he forgot how to play football all of a sudden. It's like Quagliarella and the half-fit Vucinic were working wonders out there.
Llorente coming on in a less than ideal scenario, with the press already speculating, and him failing in such circumstances has the potential to psychologically destroy him. I wouldn't have subbed him in last night, if he has only 3 minutes to his name. Had we given him game time ahead of Quag the last time against Lazio, I'd have thought, he was the right sub to have on in last night's game. But under current conditions, I think Conte did the right thing last night. That said, i fully expect him to break in against Verona. If that doesn't happen, then I would be surprised.

Again though, I'm sure we'll disagree, but I think Tevez and Quag, whenever they get some minutes, will be a very compatible pair. They seem to have a good understanding playing off each other, like Dp-Quag had. Would be good to see em connect whenever they get a chance this season.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Llorente coming on in a less than ideal scenario, with the press already speculating, and him failing in such circumstances has the potential to psychologically destroy him. I wouldn't have subbed him in last night, if he has only 3 minutes to his name. Had we given him game time ahead of Quag the last time against Lazio, I'd have thought, he was the right sub to have on in last night's game. But under current conditions, I think Conte did the right thing last night. That said, i fully expect him to break in against Verona. If that doesn't happen, then I would be surprised.

Again though, I'm sure we'll disagree, but I think Tevez and Quag, whenever they get some minutes, will be a very compatible pair. They seem to have a good understanding playing off each other, like Dp-Quag had. Would be good to see em connect whenever they get a chance this season.
The press can speculate all they want. It's not like they stopped because he didn't play. There has got to be more than just Llorente is not match-fit.

Dec 31, 2008

:agree:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tevez and Quag :howler:

God forbid we have to see those two in action on more than a handful of occasions; otherwise it will be like playing with 10 men and Tevez will be doing all the running, while Quags will stand there, shout, bitch and moan, and shoot 30 yard shots into the stands.

Apr 15, 2006

God forbid we have to see those two in action on more than a handful of occasions; otherwise it will be like playing with 10 men and Tevez will be doing all the running, while Quags will stand there, shout, bitch and moan, and shoot 30 yard shots into the stands.
You seem to confuse Quags for someone else. He nearly assisted Tevez soon after coming on. Now why would that happen if he was simply standing around? Also, I think most will agree that we were playing with 10 men last night not due to Quags, but Vucinic. So please, try and be a little more objective next time

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You seem to confuse Quags for someone else. He nearly assisted Tevez soon after coming on. Now why would that happen if he was simply standing around? Also, I think most will agree that we were playing with 10 men last night not due to Quags, but Vucinic. So please, try and be a little more objective next time
Yes. Nearly. :lol:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If Tevez managed to score, it would've been an assist for him. I bet if it was Vucinic instead of Quags, you would've jizzed in your pants and praised him as the best strike partner for Tevez. :D
No shit.

You don't have to bet. Vucinic already is the best striker to partner Tevez. We just have to wait for Llorente to prove Conte wrong.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Funny, because in the mins Quag had he ran more than Vucinic.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I thought he played well yesterday. Beat my expectations atleast, those two flicks which found Tevez were good and a striker who runs near post was also good to see, because that allows more space for Vidal or Pogba running at goal or at the edge of the box imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)