Fabio Quagliarella (9 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
These are semantics. His job is to score goals as a forward. He did that. He was second only to Vucinic (as far as forwards go), who had way more game time. I'm fine if people don't rate a player or want to see him fail, but it is absolutely wrong to falsify tangible statistics and disrespect a player who has given his all for this shirt. He almost ended his playing career while playing for us. You don't have to like him, but we should respect our players coz they do their best no matter how limited in capacity one may think they are. That's just got to stop.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Juve could give a discount to West Ham if they buy outright. Player has an agreement already. They want 6m. Moving to Lazio will be a good move for Quag, coz hell play a lot more. But not so sure about Floccari and Gila coming here. Quite a sad deal for us.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
If we sell Quags we will defenetily regret it, mark my words. I just have the feeling his peak is yet to come, something like we have seen in his first few games with Juve, before his injury.
If we really are gonna replace him with someone like Gilardino and not a highly promising youngster (think: Muriel) I'd be seriously pissed (And I'm sure the Juve management doesn't want THAT to happen).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juve could give a discount to West Ham if they buy outright. Player has an agreement already. They want 6m. Moving to Lazio will be a good move for Quag, coz hell play a lot more. But not so sure about Floccari and Gila coming here. Quite a sad deal for us.
Any move for Floccari or Gilardino would again suggest that Conte would rather have kept Matri.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Any move for Floccari or Gilardino would again suggest that Conte would rather have kept Matri.
If Conte rather have kept Matri he would've just held on to Matri instead. I don't think he's in control of this, and Quag will be offloaded to get rid of his salary, more than for technical reasons. My belief anyway.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If Conte rather have kept Matri he would've just held on to Matri instead. I don't think he's in control of this
You contradicted yourself, but the second point is correct, hence Conte's moaning in the press conference. We got the better deal from selling Matri, but I agree with Conte's opinion of having a more classical CF as the 5th striker.

The real contrast here for selling Quagliarella is Giovinco, if he was not at the club both would remain. I've thought all along that we would never sell Giovinco but for a huge offer, which was never likely to come, simply because we would give him another year. It remains to be seen whether Giovinco will actually be useful, but his age and transfer fee means he stays at the current expense of others.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
According to the latest reports, Arsenal had a €9m deal for Fabio Quagliarella until Juventus Coach Antonio Conte pulled the plug.

Italian transfer expert Tancredi Palmeri made the revelations this afternoon, though the actual events are said to have happened on Friday.

It’s claimed Arsenal had a basic agreement in place with Juventus to buy striker Quagliarella for €9m – approximately £7.6m.

However, at that precise moment Conte was giving a Press conference in which he bitterly complained at the sales of Alessandro Matri to Milan and Emanuele Giaccherini to Sunderland.

Reiterating he needed all his forwards and had been “forced” to accept these decisions, Conte pointed out the team had been “weakened.”

News filtered through to the Juve directors, who after a quick phone conversation with Conte had to tell Arsenal the Quagliarella deal was off.

Quagliarella has also been linked with West Ham and clubs in Qatar, but with Matri’s departure it seems as if he will remain in Turin.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
According to the latest reports, Arsenal had a €9m deal for Fabio Quagliarella until Juventus Coach Antonio Conte pulled the plug.

Italian transfer expert Tancredi Palmeri made the revelations this afternoon, though the actual events are said to have happened on Friday.

It’s claimed Arsenal had a basic agreement in place with Juventus to buy striker Quagliarella for €9m – approximately £7.6m.

However, at that precise moment Conte was giving a Press conference in which he bitterly complained at the sales of Alessandro Matri to Milan and Emanuele Giaccherini to Sunderland.

Reiterating he needed all his forwards and had been “forced” to accept these decisions, Conte pointed out the team had been “weakened.”

News filtered through to the Juve directors, who after a quick phone conversation with Conte had to tell Arsenal the Quagliarella deal was off.

Quagliarella has also been linked with West Ham and clubs in Qatar, but with Matri’s departure it seems as if he will remain in Turin.

:lol:

arsenal can't even fucking sign quagliarella

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)