Fabio Quagliarella (54 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No, I was in favour of selling both of them.

Waste of wages and market value.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of selling the both of them as well. It's not an either/or situation for me, and this is no reflection on how I feel about the both of them as players. I was excited when both of them came on board, given the situations that Juve were in at the time. And I appreciate EVERYTHING that Matri did during his time here, I really do. He seems like a likeable personality, and he gave his best.

But these are different times now.

It doesn't make sense for people, who for the past 2 seasons were complaining about the strikers, to all of a sudden be going bananas because one of them got sold.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I never complained about Matri, Serge.
Maybe you didn't but let's be honest here.

Everyone was lamenting the striker situation for the last 2 seasons. This is not some sort of revelation that I'm springing on everyone in this forum.

For better or worse, Matri HAS to be included in that group.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

Everyone was lamenting the striker situation for the last 2 seasons. This is not some sort of revelation that I'm springing on everyone in this forum.

He would have been the perfect sub to have.

Apr 15, 2006

People are just pissed that our striker sale strategy has not gone according to their plan. Everyone wanted Quags out, but he now stays.

It's all emotional. None of it is rational. Just let it go, Serge.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We're talking about the same Quagliarella who scored more goals than Matri did last year, including absolutely crucial goals in the Champions League last year.

Same guy, right?

This is the guy that everyone is tearing to shreds now that Matri is gone?
Thank you, Serge.

But yet he scored more goals than Matri, though, so what does that make Alessandro?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what I am trying to understand and figure out, and someone help me out with this.

For the past two seasons, EVERYONE was bitching and moaning about the lack of goals being scored by the strikers.

Now, they have upgraded with the additions of Tevez and Llorente, and now everyone is all up in arms that one of the strikers that a lot of people on this forum were looking to get rid of, gets sold at, quite honestly, a higher value than I anticipated, and everyone is now complaining?

I don't get it.
The sad part is, they're making this about one player vs another. When in truth, both are likely to leave, and SHOULD leave for the sake of their own careers coz they are better than 5th choice.

This was never about whoever stays is going to do himself any favours either. It was just the mercato situation. Best case, we sell both. Worst case, we sell the striker who gets us more cash. Matri being the younger of the two, and an out and out CF turned out to be that guy. I don't see how some people relate this to Quag staying and therefore being blamed. Quite sad really.

I think I'm as big a fanboy of Quag as anyone on this forum, and I genuinely think he should leave or be sold too.

And what exactly would Matri be doing this year? Do you think that he would be playing in MORE matches with the additions of Tevez and Llorente?
I think some of them did think that. Some even hoped Llorente would fail.

True dat Brah. But Quag should leave too. :heart:

I like your patience.
:lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He would have been the perfect sub to have.
And Juve got 12 million for a player that would have been, at best, a 5th choice striker.

Say what you will,. but this is an excellent piece of business to get that much for him.

Think of it this way. Back in the day, would anyone have paid the equivalent of 12 million euros for Zalayeta? I highly doubt it. Juve made out big time in this deal.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Stop being so greedy :D we got rid of Matri atleast. 1 of 2 is okey IMO, ofcourse if we sell Quagliarella to. Then it would be faptastic. But still we should be very happy.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
And Juve got 12 million for a player that would have been, at best, a 5th choice striker.

Say what you will,. but this is an excellent piece of business to get that much for him.

Think of it this way. Back in the day, would anyone have paid the equivalent of 12 million euros for Zalayeta? I highly doubt it. Juve made out big time in this deal.
Which is exactly why we have sold him before Quag.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I agree with everything you said, but come on now, comparing Zalayeta to Matri is an insult. Zalayeta was so rubbish...I cant believe he was with us for many years.

I cant think of a worst striker than Zalayeta that played for Juve, for the past 10/12 years.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Because it's better to have more quality on the bench than it is to have less quality on the bench. The stuff you make me explain sometimes...
Llorente, Giovinco is enought on the bench. And more quality then Matri. They are both nationals for their countries. While Matri is 10-15 choice for Italy

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I agree with everything you said, but come on now, comparing Zalayeta to Matri is an insult. Zalayeta was so rubbish...I cant believe he was with us for many years.

I cant think of a worst striker than Zalayeta that played for Juve, for the past 10/12 years.
I wasn't comparing the players on a like for like basis, merely the pecking order that they found themselves in. I wasn't trying to insult Matri by insinuating that they were players of a similar level

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005

Yeah Zalayeta would never score important goals in the CL against Barca, Real in the knock outs like Matri has :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an emotional mess right now. It's sad, I know.
Yeah it's hard, I can't even think what to do if we sell Padoin or Quagliarella to, to much for me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)