Fabio Quagliarella (16 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
You guys make me laugh you bitch and moan that Juve buys only Italian players and doesn't take chances on foreign players for example if Motta wasn't Italian he wouldn't have been bought than how do explain the Traore signing his quality is unknown, he is not proven and he is not Italian seems to me like we are taking a chance on a young unproven non Italian player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Probably because he was the only option left so late in the transfer period.
Marotta used all of his time on the rest of the deals just to sign the only, for him available option, in the very end.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah the panic buying is definetly a big cross, its even more ridicolous though when you have other agents/club representatives talk about how things ended up with marotta and how he panicked his way to buying these players or how he was trying to do 2 things at a time but ending up failing on both because he wasnt concrete enough. It almost made him look like he was unsure on who he wanted. The guy seems insecure. That said id still go far to say he is an improvement to secco, if not by much. One thing I did like though was that he loaned with options to buy, atleast that saves us from spending full out on a player only to find that his crap or didnt settle into the system. Im just in hope that his signings end up shining.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yes it would, we are acquiring and favoring Italians just because they are Italian, despite their lack of quality.
How do you know that? Maybe we are favoring players that have some sort of experience in this league we play in? Too bad most of them happen to be Italian. Or maybe our transfer guy, who has worked in Serie A for years, somehow have the best contact with colleagues from this league, hence it's possible to sign someone on loan or for cheap from Italian team who somehow happen to have mostly Italian players? Or guys like Aquilani, maybe other nationality players like Jermaine Jenas for example doesn't consider Italy their home and won't agree to come on loan to our club?

If you walk into a kitchen of Chinese food restaurant, there's a big possibility that the cooks will be Asian, is that racism too? Other nations can cook too you know and probably better.

Exactly for which Italian we overpaid in this transfer window? Could you've gotten us better full back for free on loan (or maybe we should've kept Zebina as starting option), or Pepe isn't worth the loan money and somehow lacks quality? The only case where you can make a valid point here is Bonucci, time will tell if we chose the right guy here, for that kind of money we had a choice. But one case doesn't develop a pattern, and I can only see one case were we favored an Italian. In other cases we just didn't have a choice.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
There's this perception that Serie A is impossible to play in and you need loads of experience in it to succeed, and to that I say BS, Sneijder and Eto'o wouldn't have been the monsters they were last season in their first Serie A if that were true. It's difficult to bring English and Spaniard players and have them adapt, even if it has happened in the past, but come on, there's a lot of other players from a lot of other nationalities that have a lot of quality and would die to be in Juve.

Our transfer guy is supposed to do business development, and I doubt we don't have scouts in most of the countries in the world looking at players and making contacts, so that explanation is out of the window (the incredibly strange signing of Martinez, knowing Italian corruption, makes me think Marotta and Catania's president probably pocketed some money there, but I just speculate). The fact that he went for Serie A players is a mark of his background, he's a mid table transfer guy and is comfortable dealing with other mid table and small time clubs.

Your analogy is flawed, because there's a huge chance a CHINESE cook will know how to prepare CHINESE food better than anyone else, while football is a sport and is played the same in every part of the world, it's not like we're bringing in rugby players come on. Yes defense is a bit better and might be a bit rougher but that's about it, it's not a different sport.

We overpaid for Quaglia's loan, for Pepe's loan, Bonucci was a bit too expensive but that's about the only one I don't complain about since he seems to be quality (I would have gone for Kjaer though), Motta was a sub at Roma and we made him a starter (with a 5 million buying option) while Lanzafame should have been brought in as a sub instead of the starter he has been.

My question, again, is why so many Italians? Why not try to go for Benz for example? Fabio Contreao would have been a better option, Rafinha as well. Why didn't we go for Van der Vaart? He was cheap, quality and attainable instead of going for Martinez.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
My question, again, is why so many Italians? Why not try to go for Benz for example? Fabio Contreao would have been a better option, Rafinha as well. Why didn't we go for Van der Vaart? He was cheap, quality and attainable instead of going for Martinez.
Because just Benzema's wages would took more than a half of out transfer budget

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
There's this perception that Serie A is impossible to play in and you need loads of experience in it to succeed, and to that I say BS, Sneijder and Eto'o wouldn't have been the monsters they were last season in their first Serie A if that were true. It's difficult to bring English and Spaniard players and have them adapt, even if it has happened in the past, but come on, there's a lot of other players from a lot of other nationalities that have a lot of quality and would die to be in Juve.

Our transfer guy is supposed to do business development, and I doubt we don't have scouts in most of the countries in the world looking at players and making contacts, so that explanation is out of the window (the incredibly strange signing of Martinez, knowing Italian corruption, makes me think Marotta and Catania's president probably pocketed some money there, but I just speculate). The fact that he went for Serie A players is a mark of his background, he's a mid table transfer guy and is comfortable dealing with other mid table and small time clubs.

Your analogy is flawed, because there's a huge chance a CHINESE cook will know how to prepare CHINESE food better than anyone else, while football is a sport and is played the same in every part of the world, it's not like we're bringing in rugby players come on. Yes defense is a bit better and might be a bit rougher but that's about it, it's not a different sport.

We overpaid for Quaglia's loan, for Pepe's loan, Bonucci was a bit too expensive but that's about the only one I don't complain about since he seems to be quality (I would have gone for Kjaer though), Motta was a sub at Roma and we made him a starter (with a 5 million buying option) while Lanzafame should have been brought in as a sub instead of the starter he has been.

And my question is, why don't we try to get the best Italian player out there? Why don't we go for Cassano?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That's true as well. We should have gotten Cassano and Pazzini if we were going to bring in Italians.
But we don't go for Cassano even though he is Italian. This can easily cancel all what you accuse Marotta and our board of. We probably can't afford world class players yet so we have to settle with the average/good players and in that case, bringing averagely good Italian players seems more logical than buying mediocre foreign players or at least it is not that much of an scandal you make it out to be.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
1)There's this perception that Serie A is impossible to play in and you need loads of experience in it to succeed, and to that I say BS, Sneijder and Eto'o wouldn't have been the monsters they were last season in their first Serie A if that were true. It's difficult to bring English and Spaniard players and have them adapt, even if it has happened in the past, but come on, there's a lot of other players from a lot of other nationalities that have a lot of quality and would die to be in Juve.

2) Our transfer guy is supposed to do business development, and I doubt we don't have scouts in most of the countries in the world looking at players and making contacts, so that explanation is out of the window (the incredibly strange signing of Martinez, knowing Italian corruption, makes me think Marotta and Catania's president probably pocketed some money there, but I just speculate). The fact that he went for Serie A players is a mark of his background, he's a mid table transfer guy and is comfortable dealing with other mid table and small time clubs.

3) Your analogy is flawed, because there's a huge chance a CHINESE cook will know how to prepare CHINESE food better than anyone else, while football is a sport and is played the same in every part of the world, it's not like we're bringing in rugby players come on. Yes defense is a bit better and might be a bit rougher but that's about it, it's not a different sport.

4) We overpaid for Quaglia's loan, for Pepe's loan, Bonucci was a bit too expensive but that's about the only one I don't complain about since he seems to be quality (I would have gone for Kjaer though), Motta was a sub at Roma and we made him a starter (with a 5 million buying option) while Lanzafame should have been brought in as a sub instead of the starter he has been.

5) My question, again, is why so many Italians? Why not try to go for Benz for example? Fabio Contreao would have been a better option, Rafinha as well. Why didn't we go for Van der Vaart? He was cheap, quality and attainable instead of going for Martinez.
1) We didn't have the money to go for Eto's and Sneijders of this world, we spent 56 millions, through sales we got 40 and reduced our wage bill by more than 20 millions, which means that our transfer budget was less than zero (at least that's what this article is saying, I didn't calculated myself, but it looks true). Can you name those dying players of other nationalities we could've afforded instead of Motta, Pepe or Storari?

2) We are no Palermo, we have different plans, we can't every year bring in 2 20yo stars from South America, give them 30 games per season, get them used to the league and finish in CL spots by doing that. Although I'd love to have Pastore and Hernandez at Juventus now, but that's Secco's and Ferrara/Zaccheroni responsibility. And I highly doubt a transfer manager from any club outside Serie A could've gotten his club all our loans from Serie A, whether he is bad manager or not, it just doesn't work like that.

3) Food is also cooked all across the world, not just in China :p At least it was a better example instead of the one Andy gave us. :D

4) Lanzafame is a sub, not a starter, he was on bench against Bari. No way we overpaid for Pepe's loan, ridiculous argument. Time will tell about Quagliarella, but it was a decent option, at least now it doesn't look bad, if something, he surely is worth the money we paid for him. Motta came for free, he's not superstar, but I don't think there were many other options, if any at all.

5) We should've sold not just Diego, but also Chiellini to afford Benzema and his wages, neither one of Coentrao or Rafinha we could've gotten on free loan like Motta, VDV is not a winger and Martinez is not Italian lol. If you respond again, please make it shorter and more logical. I'm not saying we had a perfect summer, but in the shit hole Secco&co left this club, we didn't have much of a choice whether to bring in Italian or Swedish or whatever nationality players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)