vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Please send this to the history section. If we were Sampdoria, maybe we have a case calling him a legend.

Swap with Zidane's thread.
He oversaw our 9th scudetto run, winning 2 scudetto 1 coppa Italia and 2? Supercoppa.
He had a hand in building the squad with beppe. The difference is that he didn't go to inda after, yet.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He oversaw our 9th scudetto run, winning 2 scudetto 1 coppa Italia and 2? Supercoppa.
He had a hand in building the squad with beppe. The difference is that he didn't go to inda after, yet.
Beppe got stabbed in the back and forced out by Tootsie... I don’t think he really owed us anything in terms of not going to Inter...

I’m not taking a dig at Tootsie in this case. But for Beppe, it’s not quite the same as Conte who was a club legend as player and coach, who only retired a couple years before calciopoli, who the club backed through his own match-fixing scandal, and who quite on the team midway through preseason, claiming he was burnt out, only to take another job a few months later, and then continually take shots at the club since before eventually joining Inter.

Beppe was a professional who had no real past ties to Juventus, and was arguably treated a bit poorly in his ouster. It sucks he went to Inter, but I can’t really blame him for it. Should definitely be a club legend for his work building this team from the ashes up.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Likes of Conte and Zidane in history while this backstabbing doofus somehow gets legend status lmao

What's this BS about Inter? Wasn't Lippi an Inter coach too? They are professionals, it's their job. It doesn't erase away the great work they've done at the club, be it playing or coaching days.

Bunch of butthurt mugs on this forum.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Beppe got stabbed in the back and forced out by Tootsie... I don’t think he really owed us anything in terms of not going to Inter...

I’m not taking a dig at Tootsie in this case. But for Beppe, it’s not quite the same as Conte who was a club legend as player and coach, who only retired a couple years before calciopoli, who the club backed through his own match-fixing scandal, and who quite on the team midway through preseason, claiming he was burnt out, only to take another job a few months later, and then continually take shots at the club since before eventually joining Inter.

Beppe was a professional who had no real past ties to Juventus, and was arguably treated a bit poorly in his ouster. It sucks he went to Inter, but I can’t really blame him for it. Should definitely be a club legend for his work building this team from the ashes up.
That's what I said. Both would be club legends although beppe oversaw "only" seven scudetti while Tici "only" 9.
But going to inda after knowing our history with them downgrades you automatically from a legend status.

If you consider beppe a legend I don't think you can't say the same about Tici since they worked pretty closely together.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
So anyone that's involved in our historic run deserves legend status now?

What about Folletti? Do we give him legend status as well?
He was the brain behind Beppe, don't you know?

At least that's what some tuzzers seem to believe reading their posts.

Overrating Tootsie like crazy and at the same time downtalking Beppe, the man who's done ten times more for the club.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Likes of Conte and Zidane in history while this backstabbing doofus somehow gets legend status lmao

What's this BS about Inter? Wasn't Lippi an Inter coach too? They are professionals, it's their job. It doesn't erase away the great work they've done at the club, be it playing or coaching days.

You must be joking.
As for Zidane I don't consider him a legend also.
I was pretty young back then but I hardly remember anything legendary about his time here.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You must be joking.
As for Zidane I don't consider him a legend also.
I was pretty young back then but I hardly remember anything legendary about his time here.
Legendary Juventus coaches like Trapattoni and Lippi have coached Inter too. Heck, a lot of Italian coaches who've made it to the top have ended up coaching the big 3 clubs of Italian football. Don't see anything different here.

Just because Conte has bad blood with current leadership, doesn't make him any less of a Juventus legend. It's his nature of being a whiny cunt but that doesn't erase the amazing work he's done here both as player and coach.

Zidane is a much bigger legend than Pirlo for example as far as I'm concerned. His best years was with Juventus but unfortunately his most iconic moment at club level was that volley in the 2002 CL final. He is a legend for both Madrid and Juve.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Legendary Juventus coaches like Trapattoni and Lippi have coached Inter too. Heck, a lot of Italian coaches who've made it to the top have ended up coaching the big 3 clubs of Italian football. Don't see anything different here.

Just because Conte has bad blood with current leadership, doesn't make him any less of a Juventus legend. It's his nature of being a whiny cunt but that doesn't erase the amazing work he's done here both as player and coach.

Zidane is a much bigger legend than Pirlo for example as far as I'm concerned. His best years was with Juventus but unfortunately his most iconic moment at club level was that volley in the 2002 CL final. He is a legend for both Madrid and Juve.
Did calciopolli happened before they appointed them?
Conte and beppe knows how dirty they did us, yet choose to go there.
Seeing Conte hurts a lot, beppe less so but you can't call yourself a juventus legend after doing that.
You chooesed money over dignity and that's fine by me, but you can never be a legend in my eyes, at least.
As for me they are/would be legends all who oversaw as you put it "our legendary run".
Our legendary run has been made possible by legendary people and Tici whether you like it or not is one of them, along with AA, Nedved and Beppe
Edit. I forgot about Conte, who got downgraded after going to that shit club.
Shame about Beppe who took over inda which resulted in his downgrade.

As for zidane. He is a Madrid legend through and through and I doubt few people who are not juventus fans even remember or know that he used to play here.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Did calciopolli happened before.
Conte and beppe knows how dirty they did us, yet choose to go there.
Seeing Conte hurts a lot, beppe less so but you can't call yourself a juventus legend for doing that.
You chooesed money over dignity and that's fine by me, but you can never be a legend in my eyes at least.
As for me they are/would be legends all who oversaw as you put it "legendary run".
Our legendary run has been made possible by legendary people.
Shame about Beppe who took over inda.
Rivalry with Inter was always there. It got escalated after '98 and later with Calciopoli.
Would you feel the same way about Agnelli, who congratulated Zhang for winning the scudetto? And he is a guy who strongly feels about calciopoli than any Juve fan.
Everybody have different perspectives. These guys are professionals. If you are bitching about them choosing money, well this is how the football industry is today. Everyone's running behind money including our own Agnelli. It's just business. I can't fault them for that.
Look it's unfortunate they joined Inter, but let's agree to disagree here. In my mind, they are still legends.
But this logic of Tici being considered a 'legend' because he dint join Inter while Beppe did is plain silly if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

As for zidane. He is a Madrid legend through and through and I doubt few people who are not juventus fans even remember or know that he used to play here.
Well you and your 'few people' are clueless then.

Some 10-20 years down the line you'll have some guy saying 'Cristiano Ronaldo is a Madrid legend through and through. I doubt few people who aren't United fans even remember or know he used to play there'.

Ask any United fan if Ronaldo is considered a United legend, it will be a resounding yes.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Rivalry with Inter was always there. It got escalated after '98 and later with Calciopoli.
Would you feel the same way about Agnelli, who congratulated Zhang for winning the scudetto? And he is a guy who strongly feels about calciopoli than any Juve fan.
Everybody have different perspectives. These guys are professionals. If you are bitching about them choosing money, well this is how the football industry is today. Everyone's running behind money including our own Agnelli. It's just business. I can't fault them for that.
Look it's unfortunate they joined Inter, but let's agree to disagree here. In my mind, they are still legends.
But this logic of Tici being considered a 'legend' because he dint join Inter while Beppe did is plain silly if you ask me.
Inda where irelevant to juventus before calciopolli.
The only reason why they brag about their treble is because they, along with a inda led FIGC destroyed us and Seria A in the process.
Conte and Beppe know this that's why it hurts so much. For comparison, just imagine Zanetti coming here after winning 7 with inda and stopping they're dominance with Juve.
I didn't mention a scenario where Juve contributes to inda's relegation before doing so.
You think inda would still consider him a legend?

As for AA congratulating Zhang, we have always tried to be the bigger club here and it actually makes us look better in doing so, then acting like a butthurt club, after a poor season.
But as you said it. Agree to disagree.
We had a poll and everyone voted accordingly to their views.
If he does something to hurt Juve in the future, we can downgrade him also.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

You can't compare €10 man with Agent Lippi.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Paratici is obviously a legend, as is Marotta.

It's a travesty that Conte is not in the legends section. The man played for 13 seasons in Juve, won every trophy, captained us, then returned as a coach and pulled us from midtable to three consecutive scudettos.

Sumed up perfectly by this:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)