vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2020
We all have mocked Beppe in the past for making those 'troll' signings but atleast he had the foresight and vision to assess the requirements of the squad in emergency situations and make moves accordingly.
Getting in another 'body' wouldn't have hurt at all. Mindboggling that Cristiano has to play every single game.

It's just another example of how poorly built this squad is. If Morata gets injured, we have no CF, if Mckennie misses out, we have no hustlers in midfield, if Chiesa isn't available, we don't have another potent threat from the flanks.

Guy is just good at getting fleeced by the Mendes' and Raiola's of the world and taking credit for making flashy fancy signings. Overrated to the core.
I think it’s not that easy. This was obvious: it had to be someone for 6 months, very cheap, while having match fitness and not a high salary. Quagliarella was perfect but he didn’t wanted.

Morata getting some kind of virus and Dybala’s injury seems to be something very particular, it’s hard to anticipate on while we had Kulu who was doing good in january.

I agree that we needed someone, but seeing the financial numbers yesterday and knowing that we have a U23 (we basically have 3 or 4 options in our youth) I understand the decision.

So who knows.. maybe Ake of Rafia are good 4th choice options. Or Da Graca who’s in form. I wouldn’t panic yet.

Also for the team we have 2 options for almost every position. Were the other options like Milik really worth the gamble?

Ronaldo/Kulu* - Dybala/Morata
Berna/Ramsey - Rabiot/McKennie - Benta/Arthur - Chiesa/Kulu*
Sandro/Frabotta - Chiellini/Demiral - De Ligt/Bonucci - Cuadrado/Danilo
Szczesny/Buffon.

+Dragusin, Fagioli, U23 striker

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I really doubt getting an additional body on a minimal wage would've affected our balance sheet...

Either ways it's very frustrating to see Ronaldo start every game with no adequate backups.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I knew this guy was a dud and had absolutely zero clue in being a sports director when he sold Benatia in January 2019 and brought in a finished and permanently injured Caceres.

He has gotten worse and worse as time has gone on. Absolutely zero idea on how to construct a squad fit for purpose. We are paying dearly for the many mistakes he’s made.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Can't believe a guy that emphasized on a player's character and mentality before making a signing goes ahead and recruits a bunch of mentally checked out pussies.

Quickly went from being a promising talent scout to a fraudulent sporting director. Not been able to make that leap which was expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)