vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can understand some here hate him because of Sarri appointment or Dybala transfer but the man did very good transfers in the summer with his just second year in charge ....

Regarding the mid problems .... i agree that he should do better here but Cmon guys.. summer market with COVID19 at peak !!! it is really tough

last ... this year , we can't judge him fully on what he did, because simply we don't have coach !!! to show the players strengths

If Allegri took charge ...we will get a Ferrari running like the old days before 2017 ....

Also calling AA head is laughable !!
@Dru

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lukaku is versatile while Dybala requires the system to be tailored to him. Thats not neccesarily a bad thing but it is when you cant stay healthy and Ronaldo is on the team and needs the ball more than Dybala. There is only one question that you should ask. If the trade went through would Juve be a better team?
I think its hard to say That Lukaku in the squad with Ronaldo would hurt the team.

Also not trying to shit on Dybala but the general consensus was that it was a complete shit lack of judgement. We can at least agree that it wasnt completely unfounded
Conte has built the entire system around Lukaku and playing to his strengths.

At United, he was a lost donkey with a poor first touch. This is why United decided to get rid of him.

Also there's no way he would have had the same output or impact at Juventus which he's having at Inter right now. He would have mostly had to play second fiddle to Ronaldo and he would have been criticized for not scoring enough goals given that he would've come here with a hefty pricetag.

Be it Lukaku or Dybala, Ronaldo's presence would have directly or indirectly affected their overall impact. Even Morata scored more goals this season when Ronaldo wasnt playing alongside him.

I don't buy that versatility argument. Some players just happen to benefit from a favorable system and the confidence of their coaches. Lukaku is no different here.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Paratici left us light on forwards in the summer wising until the last minute to sign only Morata as a CF.

Now we find ourselves in February with a whole winter transfer window where no action was taken to bulk us up in this department. His failure to act is looking like it could be costly now with Dybala out for god knows how long and Morata out of form and unfit. Was a very bizarre approach at the time but now it looks to be a terrible judgement call again

Jun 7, 2003
Paratici left us light on forwards in the summer wising until the last minute to sign only Morata as a CF.

Now we find ourselves in February with a whole winter transfer window where no action was taken to bulk us up in this department. His failure to act is looking like it could be costly now with Dybala out for god knows how long and Morata out of form and unfit. Was a very bizarre approach at the time but now it looks to be a terrible judgement call again
I think Dejan is doing alright, another striker would have hindered his chances for the first team.

Apr 19, 2007
Conte has built the entire system around Lukaku and playing to his strengths.

At United, he was a lost donkey with a poor first touch. This is why United decided to get rid of him.

Also there's no way he would have had the same output or impact at Juventus which he's having at Inter right now. He would have mostly had to play second fiddle to Ronaldo and he would have been criticized for not scoring enough goals given that he would've come here with a hefty pricetag.

Be it Lukaku or Dybala, Ronaldo's presence would have directly or indirectly affected their overall impact. Even Morata scored more goals this season when Ronaldo wasnt playing alongside him.

I don't buy that versatility argument. Some players just happen to benefit from a favorable system and the confidence of their coaches. Lukaku is no different here.
Versatile argument? Ill break down some basics for you. Yes systems help and hurt certain players and players need a basic system to thrive. Having said that wtf is Dybala? Name the top 10 teams in the world and tell me who would help the team more. I think only 2 Dybala would thrive more than a cf that can hold the ball up and score like Lukaku.

Dybala has been good and his potential is through the roof but we have always blamed the system he is in right? He cant defend well, hes not an elite false 9 IMO but could be at Barca and Man city, he cant play wide, he hurts the team at AM and you have to find balance due to his inability to defend and also is innefective away from goal.
a few top teams right now in the world from each league
Juve-?
Inter-Lukaku
Milan-Lukaku
Man city-Dybala
Chelsea-Lukaku
Pool-Lukaku
Tottenham- Lukaku
Bayern-Lukaku
Dortmund-Lukaku
Which teams do you think that you put dybala and he outshines Lukaku? I just dont see it and its been long enought to determine Dybala has a huge ceiling but the system has to be tailored to him. Lukaku is a cf that can play byhimself or with a partner. Argue whos better but versatility? Give me a break

Jan 22, 2016
It's not like we have had our most dominated era in the history of Italian football without this guy.
He has brought tons of young and capable players in the Las 2 seasons.

Unfortunately injury is ramping this squad right now, you can't deny how great this guy has been brinig great players here in the last 2 years, from Ronaldo and De ligt to Demiral,Chiesa, Mac, Arthur, Danilo.... and got rid of the dead woods like matuidi, Khedira, higi.

I'm sure a capable coach like Alegri would have reached CL final with this squad with ease.

I'm sure He will bring in quality players for mid this summer. Let's not forget We would have gotten Auar or Pogba last summer if it wasn't for pandamic or berna deciding to stay and not going to Lion.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Major screw up not to sign another forward in January, could end all our title hopes in the next three league games.
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/the-financial-situation.20446/page-515#post-6293038

after seeing these numbers, i can't blame tici for a quiet winter mercato. it looks like our u23 team is our only resource, and thank god we have that, otherwise we couldn't even rely on guys like dragusin, frabotta or fagioli. too bad vrioni suffered a season ending injury, i bet he'd train with the first team by now.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Major screw up not to sign another forward in January, could end all our title hopes in the next three league games.
We all have mocked Beppe in the past for making those 'troll' signings but atleast he had the foresight and vision to assess the requirements of the squad in emergency situations and make moves accordingly.
Getting in another 'body' wouldn't have hurt at all. Mindboggling that Cristiano has to play every single game.

It's just another example of how poorly built this squad is. If Morata gets injured, we have no CF, if Mckennie misses out, we have no hustlers in midfield, if Chiesa isn't available, we don't have another potent threat from the flanks.

Guy is just good at getting fleeced by the Mendes' and Raiola's of the world and taking credit for making flashy fancy signings. Overrated to the core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)