vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If they increased revenue by 150 mil, but spend ~100 mil per year on CR7, and also broke the entire sporting strategy for years in favor of the short-term business goal, then it doesn't look like a well-planned strategy for a football club, especially in the long run.

Once CR7 leaves the club, the revenue trend pushed by his presence will inevitably take the opposite direction (we already saw the effect the mere rumors of his possible departure have on the club stock price). If the club doesn't get huge international success with CR7, eventually revenue may shrink even more than it used to in the pre-CR7 era. Add to this the reputation of CL losers that failed to win the tournament even with its biggest star ever in the squad, and the final result of this entire story looks terrible, from both sporting and business perspectives.

All of it makes some sense only if the strategy was to get CR7 to minimize the revenue gap for several years, and then jump to the Super League, completely erasing the CL narrative and starting with a clean slate. It does look quite plausible, since the CL obsession weirdly seems to be gone indeed. Not sure that CR7 subscribed to his role in this sly plan though.
Great assessment!
It's been a while since I seen you post.
Everything alright?

Buy on AliExpress.com

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Great assessment!
It's been a while since I seen you post.
Everything alright?
Thanks bro! Everything's fine except for football. I'm basically fake fanning this entire season. Everything that already happened this year was so easily predictable that I couldn't force myself to even try watching it, with some rare exceptions. But I'm lurking on Tuz from time to time, since this community is still awesome and is one of the few things that has left untouched from those good old days :touched:.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dybala got injured on jan 10.

been more than a month he has been injured.

we play with 2 striker formation.

we only have 2 strikers. they play every match. one of them morata is playing while sick.

is this how squad planning is done? why wasn't this addressed?

same shit happened last year. we got rid of mandzukic. we play 2 strikers all time. come corona restart juve is playing with higuain dybala and ronaldo all matches no rest. dybala gets injured in cruicial game and juve now only have 2 strikers.

where is the squad planning?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Is lukuka's current season better than Dybala's last season?

In this current team no strikers would be doing wonders for us upfront.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no room for injuries in this squad. A fully fit and in form squad would be the bare minimum needed to meet the demands of this season.

Last edited:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
It's just weird how we've rebuilt this team. No effort to improve midfield, seems for some reason that we always turn to the flea market when we want a new midfielder. We have too many quality CB's while we keep slacking in regards to fullbacks. The only midfielder we've ever invested transfer money on was Pjanic, the rest have been free or through some damn money laundering scheme like Arthur.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It's just weird how we've rebuilt this team. No effort to improve midfield, seems for some reason that we always turn to the flea market when we want a new midfielder. We have too many quality CB's while we keep slacking in regards to fullbacks. The only midfielder we've ever invested transfer money on was Pjanic, the rest have been free or through some damn money laundering scheme like Arthur.
There's even a phrase in the club for that and they use it all the time: "Opportunities". :lol:

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Would you trade Dybala for Lukaku?
If I were a club chairman, and my coach, who I fully trusted, requested such a move, having explained to me why he needed Lukaku and why he didn't have a place for Dybala in his vision, I would have greenlighted such a deal without a second thought.

But if we're talking about it in a more specific context, then I wouldn't swap Dybala, one the brightest talents of his generation, who has a tough period in an unbalanced and unstable football structure, for Lukaku, who's shining at the moment in a system that was built specifically to let him shine.

Their strengths and weaknesses are currently exposed so vividly due to the environments they are both in, so I wouldn't make any conclusions about them without taking into account this decisive factor.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
The midfield is probably the most crucial part in any team, because if they cannot link up with the attackers, then absolutely no attacks will be made. And also if the midfield cannot shield the defense with well timed interceptions and pressing, the defense will get constantly exposed with counters. We see these two things happen constantly no matter the opposition because Rabiot, Ramsey and Bentancur all have serious problems with basic fundamentals of the game.

Bentancur is just flat out shit at everything, since he offers nothing offensively and defensively is also a total clusterfuck. Ramsey is constantly on the treatment table and when he isn't, he only offers slight glimpses of offensive prowess (with very little end result) but absolutely nothing defensively. Rabiot is completely on and off and has no real weaknesses, but also absolutely no real strengths other than good hair genes. McKennie and Arthur are the only two who do exactly what they are needed to do, but a team like Juventus should need more than just those two!

We have probably the best attackers and best defenders on earth at the moment, but our midfield nullifies them both and creates a void between them. It's been an ongoing problem since 2017 yet Paratici and co. have just kept on piling attackers and defenders on top of each other instead of addressing the real issues. Insane how we magically found the cash to put into Chiesa, Kulusevski, Morata and co., but when a player like Thiago was ready to leave on an absolutely minimal fee, it was never even considered by the board.

Apr 19, 2007
If I were a club chairman, and my coach, who I fully trusted, requested such a move, having explained to me why he needed Lukaku and why he didn't have a place for Dybala in his vision, I would have greenlighted such a deal without a second thought.

But if we're talking about it in a more specific context, then I wouldn't swap Dybala, one the brightest talents of his generation, who has a tough period in an unbalanced and unstable football structure, for Lukaku, who's shining at the moment in a system that was built specifically to let him shine.

Their strengths and weaknesses are currently exposed so vividly due to the environments they are both in, so I wouldn't make any conclusions about them without taking into account this decisive factor.
Lukaku is versatile while Dybala requires the system to be tailored to him. Thats not neccesarily a bad thing but it is when you cant stay healthy and Ronaldo is on the team and needs the ball more than Dybala. There is only one question that you should ask. If the trade went through would Juve be a better team?
I think its hard to say That Lukaku in the squad with Ronaldo would hurt the team.

Also not trying to shit on Dybala but the general consensus was that it was a complete shit lack of judgement. We can at least agree that it wasnt completely unfounded

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Lukaku is versatile while Dybala requires the system to be tailored to him. Thats not neccesarily a bad thing but it is when you cant stay healthy and Ronaldo is on the team and needs the ball more than Dybala. There is only one question that you should ask. If the trade went through would Juve be a better team?
I think its hard to say That Lukaku in the squad with Ronaldo would hurt the team.

Also not trying to shit on Dybala but the general consensus was that it was a complete shit lack of judgement. We can at least agree that it wasnt completely unfounded
I agree that Dybala is very sensitive to the environment he's in, I would even say, to each of its facets. The formation, the general vibe and friendliness, etc. He's also constantly going through some personal issues, which doesn't help him show everything he's got as well.

So, yes, if you want to leverage his huge talent that is undeniably there, you have to do some work as a manager. If you can do this and it's worth it in terms of its costs, you'll have a player who is considered to be amongst the world's elite, and deservedly so. But if it's not worth it and you have a better alternative, a sale is obviously an option.

At the same time, I cannot agree that Lukaku is a really versatile player. He also depends a lot on the tactics and formation he plays in, and he requires great midfield to support him. Even when he's bulldozing opponents from the middle of the pitch, it's possible because a fluid midfield gives him time and space to do it. If he had an anemic midfield behind him and had to push forward on his own, he'd be effectively neutralized by most of Serie A teams.

It's easy to get fascinated by Lukaku's current form and performance, especially when as the opposite example we use injured Dybala, but I'm pretty sure Lukaku would get tons of criticism and have a lot of mediocre games this very year if he played for Juventus, with this midfield and in this environment.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

Looking back in hindsight I feel like Lukaku definitely would've fit better than Dybala, especially knowing that Pirlo would request a CF next to Ronaldo (probably Ronaldo himself requested this lol) and knowing that Dybala would be a complete trainwreck this season. But even before knowing that I rated Lukaku highly and didn't mind swapping him with Dybala, at their best both are absolutely WC players.

- - - Updated - - -

The midfield is probably the most crucial part in any team, because if they cannot link up with the attackers, then absolutely no attacks will be made. And also if the midfield cannot shield the defense with well timed interceptions and pressing, the defense will get constantly exposed with counters. We see these two things happen constantly no matter the opposition because Rabiot, Ramsey and Bentancur all have serious problems with basic fundamentals of the game.

Bentancur is just flat out shit at everything, since he offers nothing offensively and defensively is also a total clusterfuck. Ramsey is constantly on the treatment table and when he isn't, he only offers slight glimpses of offensive prowess (with very little end result) but absolutely nothing defensively. Rabiot is completely on and off and has no real weaknesses, but also absolutely no real strengths other than good hair genes. McKennie and Arthur are the only two who do exactly what they are needed to do, but a team like Juventus should need more than just those two!

We have probably the best attackers and best defenders on earth at the moment, but our midfield nullifies them both and creates a void between them. It's been an ongoing problem since 2017 yet Paratici and co. have just kept on piling attackers and defenders on top of each other instead of addressing the real issues. Insane how we magically found the cash to put into Chiesa, Kulusevski, Morata and co., but when a player like Thiago was ready to leave on an absolutely minimal fee, it was never even considered by the board.
Chiesa and Kulu is effectively midfield, they're both two-way players, both capable to play treq, wide-midfielder or wingback.

At CM both McKennie and Arthur were added this summer. IMO, midfield has been an ongoing problem since summer 2015 when Pirlo retired and Vidal was sold, but last summer was a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I can understand some here hate him because of Sarri appointment or Dybala transfer but the man did very good transfers in the summer with his just second year in charge ....

Regarding the mid problems .... i agree that he should do better here but Cmon guys.. summer market with COVID19 at peak !!! it is really tough

last ... this year , we can't judge him fully on what he did, because simply we don't have coach !!! to show the players strengths

If Allegri took charge ...we will get a Ferrari running like the old days before 2017 ....

Also calling AA head is laughable !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)