vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Suarez has 16 goals - 2 assists in ~1700 minutes

Morata has 13 goals - 9 assists in ~1800 minutes

Morata > Suarez this year. And it’s not close. Atletico has a vastly superior midfield supporting their attack.

Suarez has also sucked ass in CL, with 0 goals-0 assists, whereas Morata was almost the entire reason we topped our group with 6 goals -1 assist.
I disagree about Morata having a better season than Suarez. What I will say is, they are doing an excellent job of doing what their teams need them to do.
Morata- being a facilitator for CR7 and an outlet on the counter attack. We have needed someone like that for a long time. Mandzu couldn’t play on the counter, especially in his later years and Higuain has always been a pure striker.
Suarez- a poacher who will score 25/30 goals a season. Atletico have needed someone like that since Diego Costa left for Chelsea.
No need to compare them, they would both be doing a far worse job if their clubs were switched imo.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
The problem with Juve is we don´t have depth that fills the needs of the team. It´s just a random collection of players.

You take out Cuadrado you lose a playmaker, take out McKennie you lose pressing, take out Morata you lose someone to hold the ball up, take out Arthur you lose ball retention etc.

The squad planning is terrible and not built towards an identity or idea of playing. So when you lose starters to injuries you have to adapt another style to those filling in. I don´t see a structure behind Paratici´s signings, he´s just brought in players for the sake of it.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The problem with Juve is we don´t have depth that fills the needs of the team. It´s just a random collection of players.

You take out Cuadrado you lose a playmaker, take out McKennie you lose pressing, take out Morata you lose someone to hold the ball up, take out Arthur you lose ball retention etc.

The squad planning is terrible and not built towards an identity or idea of playing. So when you lose starters to injuries you have to adapt another style to those filling in. I don´t see a structure behind Paratici´s signings, he´s just brought in players for the sake of it.
I kinda agree, but not quite. The problem isn’t our depth. Rabiot, Ramsey, and Bentancur are fantastic depth options. The problem is that they are expected to start most games when they are fit, but they aren’t really starting caliber material for Juve.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he is. when conditions are ideal, his performance is top notch ( CL) . kind of like a ferrari needs a dry surface and good tires to push all that power to the rear wheels.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Waiting for the Tici disciples to strike back while you rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)