vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Can’t blame the midfield on Marotta, Paratici has had plenty of time to fix it and all he does is sign fake “free” mercenary players.
Said this to some other anti-Marotta fuckwits a few weeks ago. Beppe is still being blamed for our garbage transfer activity and it’s been nearly 3 years since we (fucking stupidly) sacked him.

Secco 2.0 has been slowly destroying this club since 2018. Look at the money we spend on transfers and wages and look at the midfield and fullback issues we have. Absolutely farcical and embarrassing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My thoughts on our signings in the past 3.5 seasons, with green=good, orange=ok/so-so, red=bad.

Rodrigo Bentancur
Douglas Costa

Wojciech Szczesny
Mattia De Sciglio
Blaise Matuidi
Federico Bernardeschi

Emre Can
Joao Cancelo
Cristiano Ronaldo
Leonardo Bonucci

Aaron Ramsey
Adrien Rabiot

Merih Demiral
Matthijs De Ligt
Danilo

Arthur
Weston McKennie
Dejan Kulusevski
Federico Chiesa
Alvaro Morata

For the record, I'm basing this season's signings on what they have done so far. I'm fairly confident that Kulusevski will become a good player for us.

With another season like this Danilo will become a green player. Cancelo was only orange because he didn't stay long or totally convince, but he has a lot of talent. Demiral is another who could easily be green with a season playing, so far only promise and injury from him.

I've made Bernardeschi dark red because he's been simply disastrous, one of our worst signings ever, up there with Amauri, Jorge Martinez and Felipe Melo.

Makes scary reading as far as the midfield goes, but maybe that's what happens when you scrimp. From 7 new CM players since 2017 we have spent a transfer fee on one (Matuidi), and the difference between the Arthur and Pjanic swap, so that's about €42m on 7 players. Then paying these failing players big salaries because they were free transfers.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
My thoughts on our signings in the past 3.5 seasons, with green=good, orange=ok/so-so, red=bad.

Rodrigo Bentancur
Douglas Costa

Wojciech Szczesny
Mattia De Sciglio
Blaise Matuidi
Federico Bernardeschi

Emre Can
Joao Cancelo
Cristiano Ronaldo
Leonardo Bonucci

Aaron Ramsey
Adrien Rabiot

Merih Demiral
Matthijs De Ligt
Danilo

Arthur
Weston McKennie
Dejan Kulusevski
Federico Chiesa
Alvaro Morata

For the record, I'm basing this season's signings on what they have done so far. I'm fairly confident that Kulusevski will become a good player for us.

With another season like this Danilo will become a green player. Cancelo was only orange because he didn't stay long or totally convince, but he has a lot of talent. Demiral is another who could easily be green with a season playing, so far only promise and injury from him.

I've made Bernardeschi dark red because he's been simply disastrous, one of our worst signings ever, up there with Amauri, Jorge Martinez and Felipe Melo.

Makes scary reading as far as the midfield goes, but maybe that's what happens when you scrimp. From 7 new CM players since 2017 we have spent a transfer fee on one (Matuidi), and the difference between the Arthur and Pjanic swap, so that's about €42m on 7 players. Then paying these failing players big salaries because they were free transfers.
Our attitude to midfielders has been bizarre to say the least. We have ignored the engine room of the team with stop gaps and oppurtunity signings for too long.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Rodrigo Bentancur
Douglas Costa

Wojciech Szczesny
Mattia De Sciglio
Blaise Matuidi
Federico Bernardeschi

Emre Can
Joao Cancelo
Cristiano Ronaldo
Leonardo Bonucci

Aaron Ramsey
Adrien Rabiot

Merih Demiral
Matthijs De Ligt
Danilo

Arthur
Weston McKennie
Dejan Kulusevski
Federico Chiesa
Alvaro Morata

The common denominator being terrible choice of midfielders or low priority? Or ignorance? Or incompetence? I would say a combination of all.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The league has gone. What we need to be concerned about is that we don't make the same mistakes Milan did when we stopped their dominance 10 years ago.

Hiring rookie ex-player coaches, players on higher wages than they deserve, too much relience on the old guard and too much emphasis on signing young players are all worrying trends.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Said this to some other anti-Marotta fuckwits a few weeks ago. Beppe is still being blamed for our garbage transfer activity and it’s been nearly 3 years since we (fucking stupidly) sacked him.

Secco 2.0 has been slowly destroying this club since 2018. Look at the money we spend on transfers and wages and look at the midfield and fullback issues we have. Absolutely farcical and embarrassing.
Marotta gave the impression of someone who knows what he is doing, at every step. He was capable to build a team from the scratch because he had a vision how the proper team should look, the structure. He is doing it unfortunately at inter now. Fabio gives the impression of a rich kid who inherited an expensive 'toy' and has absolutely 0 sense how to operate it. The facial expression when camera zooms him on the stands, is telling. Clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

We have effectivelly replaced suave business man with a Delboy, minus the fun part, except if you are an opponent than it is hilarious.

Last edited:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Morata, Chiesa, Kulusevski and McKennie scored 25 goals so far this season. They also had 15 assist.

Not to mention that besides Morata these are young guys with potential for further growth.

Massive work from Tici and his team last year. Kudos.

Rookie coach is the reason we're so far behind in Serie A though.

Jun 16, 2020
Marotta gave the impression of someone who knows what he is doing, at every step. He was capable to build a team from the scratch because he had a vision how the proper team should look, the structure. He is doing it unfortunately at inter now. Fabio gives the impression of a rich kid who inherited an expensive 'toy' and has absolutely 0 sense how to operate it. The facial expression when camera zooms him on the stands, is telling. Clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

We have effectivelly replaced suave business man with a Delboy, minus the fun part, except if you are an opponent than it is hilarious.
I respect what Marotta did, but of a 200m investment we basically got nothing back. Costa, Berna, Higuain and Matuidi. And then there are also the contract issues with guys like De Sciglio, Rugani and Khedira.

Love him as much as you want but he left us with a broken squad.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Morata, Chiesa, Kulusevski and McKennie scored 25 goals so far this season. They also had 15 assist.

Not to mention that besides Morata these are young guys with potential for further growth.

Massive work from Tici and his team last year. Kudos.

Rookie coach is the reason we're so far behind in Serie A though.
Really thank you for this post ....

Pirlo is the problem right now , we have great squad with great depth given... a Ferrari given to a truck driver

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I respect what Marotta did, but of a 200m investment we basically got nothing back. Costa, Berna, Higuain and Matuidi. And then there are also the contract issues with guys like De Sciglio, Rugani and Khedira.

yeah, that's a good point too. i also remember our panic buys, the degradation of our midfield, and that genius he bought allegri to fill the trequartista position. :nanes:

so the whole picture about marotta isn't all rosy. i get the impression that marotta has valuable connections domestically, he's very effective when you have to raise the overall level of a squad, and he is one of the best administrators in the football world, but he's not the best squad planner when all you need is some slight fine tunings and/or rejuvenation. he overvalues experience, merits of the past and personal rapports way too much. he'd probably need a proper sports director like luis campos, and some ruthlessness á la prime moggi to get rid of his players at the right time.

he's still miles ahead of tici though, who started last season with an overly large squad, who thought that giving 7m to rabiot and ramsey might be a good idea, who sold the homegrown spina to replace him with a guy who's yet to play an official match in juve jersey, who's so random that he can extend rugani's contract twice within the same season then trying to get rid of the player in the next, or give an ageing mandzukic an extension and put him on the transfer list just a couple of months later, or extend matuidi's contract just to give him away for some minusvalenza, and who's so careless that he can be directly tied to the suarez case for his personal contribution.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

No one is perfect, but doesn't take much to be better than Paratici.

Jun 16, 2020
yeah, that's a good point too. i also remember our panic buys, the degradation of our midfield, and that genius he bought allegri to fill the trequartista position. :nanes:

so the whole picture about marotta isn't all rosy. i get the impression that marotta has valuable connections domestically, he's very effective when you have to raise the overall level of a squad, and he is one of the best administrators in the football world, but he's not the best squad planner when all you need is some slight fine tunings and/or rejuvenation. he overvalues experience, merits of the past and personal rapports way too much. he'd probably need a proper sports director like luis campos, and some ruthlessness á la prime moggi to get rid of his players at the right time.

he's still miles ahead of tici though, who started last season with an overly large squad, who thought that giving 7m to rabiot and ramsey might be a good idea, who sold the homegrown spina to replace him with a guy who's yet to play an official match in juve jersey, who's so random that he can extend rugani's contract twice within the same season then trying to get rid of the player in the next, or give an ageing mandzukic an extension and put him on the transfer list just a couple of months later, or extend matuidi's contract just to give him away for some minusvalenza, and who's so careless that he can be directly tied to the suarez case for his personal contribution.
I always thought that Marotta is as its best with a limited budget.

There’s enough room for discussions about both directors, Marotta did great but I sometimes feel that he gets to much credits.

Paratici isnt perfect either, but I like what he did so far. At least I see a team with perspective now, even though we’re less strong than 4 years ago.

For example about the Rabiot and Ramsey transfers (massively overpaid don’t get me wrong) I think they were our only options because we signed De Ligt. It was a mistake, as we are better of with low profile signings like McKennie. So lessons learned hopefully.

And indeed the Matuidi and Mandzukic contracts I didn’t like. Was so obvious that we wanted to plusvalenza their asses, it backfired pretty dirty.

But honestly you could write a book about Marotta and Paratici, so many transfers and the truth is that both had a different Juve. Paratici probably needs a few more years to fully understand what team he’s trying to build. I like him tho

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
mckennie looks like an amazing find for the money, kudos for kulu and demiral too. chiesa, de ligt and cr weren't too hard to spot though. i like the rejuvenation, but a classy midfielder should have been the priority since the vidal sale, and the rabiot, ramsey, arthur, mckennie row isn't too classy to be honest. tici (or his successor) will have an easier job once the contracts of the weighty marotta legacy (mds, costa, berna, khedira especially) expire. we won't see too much money of these unfortunately.

did he really offer 22m for scamacca tho? :lol:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

This trend continues in inda too.
That's why they have a loss of - 105 million.
There was a post in the Seria A thread about some interista that summed their financial problems perfectly.

His modus operandi is exemplified by lukaku, which is a good transfer by them.
80 million + a huge salary practically garanties that lukaku isn't leaving until he is 33 when his value is going to be 0.
Kinda like the higuain..
A lot a posters also fail to remember how he sold our world class midfielders and changed them with only good players.
Yet he is hailed like the mesia by some.
His dealings still hunt us to this day(khedira, bonnuci) almost 3 years after leaving the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)