vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 19, 2007
Fantastic in every way you say?
-We paid 12mil, so our limited budget is undercut.
-Pjanic is a proven champion, the coming season would be CR'7 and our last chance to do good in Europe. ARTHUR is a promise for the future, but he is not ready to carry a team like Juve. The Italian league is much more demanding and he even failed in Spain, which favors offensive football above all.
-pjanic has lost his motivation, maybe because he has seen that Juve cant compete in the CL or because of the coaches, but he has always been a professional, up untill the very last moment, at the right conditions we can work with him. On the other hand Arthur behaves like a spolit child and refuses to carry on his duties. This proves that he is mentally unstabble and could backfire for a random reason.
-pjanic had a few injuries, but generally he was always there and for many seasons, he played the most minutes, Arthur is injury prone, we cannot rely on him for a starter place.
+Arthur is younger, even he decides to resign early, like many of his compatriots, he has his best years ahead of him, in theory...
+he is a creative midfielder, this is what we lacked and need the most!

I am not a hater, i just calculate things and i am not get carried away with the exitement of everything new and promising.
The biggest thing is that Pjanic was a year or two away from being overpriced and hard to move like Khedira,Matuidi etc. We would then be paying and exorbitant amount of money for Arthur type player. The current market isnt ideal but this was a good deal all things considered. I do agree that its not some miracle that will change our team but trading experience for youth for 12 mil. POst covid I hope we are poised for a huge boom with our financial savviness

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Same ol problem, when we buy, we overpay, when we sell, we sell them off or for free and give an extra salary to the player as a parting gift.
Exactly how this transfer window has started.
We do this every single time.
We exchange an established champion in Pjanic with a crippled, troublemaker and pay the difference...
Then we release Matuidi, our most useful and less injury prone squad player, for free and also pay an extra salary...

About to do the same with Ramsey, only this time his salary will cost double.
And then we will buy an unproven young and Italian one season wonder for an extra inflated ammount, that will cripple our budget and forbid us of getting any other starter...
:lol:

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Looks like we are genuinely moving away from the older player freebie policy:

"Juventus would be looking at the zero-parameter market with less interest than in previous seasons: as reported by "Calciomercato.com", the bianconeri were in fact offered 3 free-transfer players, with Paratici who would have refused any negotiations. The players in question would be the Belgian defender Vertonghen, the Brazilian attacking midfielder Willian and the Uruguayan striker Cavani. Juve, for reasons related to the age of the players, and the high requests for recruitment, would have preferred to bet on other players to reinforce the squad available to Mr. Pirlo."

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I don't think we should necessarily be doing that either. Just offer a reasonable wage and if they don's accept, then that's on them.
Meh, I'd say that we really should move away from those kind of deals. If it's a quality/decent player in Rabiot's age, then you can sign someone like that as long as that player meets your needs when it comes to system/tactics.

Avoiding oldies is crucial as they always seek the longest and best paid deals. See Willian who got a 3 years long deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)