vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2020
Hopefully Cancelo and Pjanic are the last big plusvalenza swaps in order to survive financially. I don’t think it’s sustainable if we every year have to sacrifice a few big players. We came out as winners with Pjanic, but Danilo is horrible compared to Cancelo. Before that deal happened we got really unlucky with other sells, but I don’t want this for another 5 years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Hopefully Cancelo and Pjanic are the last big plusvalenza swaps in order to survive financially. I don’t think it’s sustainable if we every year have to sacrifice a few big players. We came out as winners with Pjanic, but Danilo is horrible compared to Cancelo. Before that deal happened we got really unlucky with other sells, but I don’t want this for another 5 years.
I want that kind of creative accounting stop immediately. While it can make the numbers look good, it will make burden to the finance year after. But imo until we still have Ronaldo in our roster, we'll need to do that swap deals to balance the book. Next year if Ronaldo remain, it''ll be bigger sactifices.

Apr 19, 2007
a much better mercato so far compared to the last shitty one. i'm curious to see how he managed to keep the books with the plusvalenze. let's hope he won't try to swap de ligt for maguire or come up with a similar brainfart.
The last shitty one? How spoiled have we become that a generational cb, Demiral, two nice cms for free is a shitty mercato? But im sure you wouldnt be complaining if this whole season we had Pogba but had to start Rugani all year

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The last shitty one? How spoiled have we become that a generational cb, Demiral, two nice cms for free is a shitty mercato? But im sure you wouldnt be complaining if this whole season we had Pogba but had to start Rugani all year
yeah, we easily forget how we tried to sell dybala for peanuts, how we downgraded our fullbacks on both sides, and in an ideal world, those two cm's shouldn't be more than 2 depth players for more reasonable salaries. "free" is a bit of a stretch considering rabiot's signing fee and both cm's wages. also, we started the season with an excessively huge squad and wage bill, 1 single home grown player, and we failed to offload some players who shouldn't be there by now.

de ligt and demiral were very good signings of course. not sure about the rest.

Apr 19, 2007
yeah, we easily forget how we tried to sell dybala for peanuts, how we downgraded our fullbacks on both sides, and in an ideal world, those two cm's shouldn't be more than 2 depth players for more reasonable salaries. "free" is a bit of a stretch considering rabiot's signing fee and both cm's wages. also, we started the season with an excessively huge squad and wage bill, 1 single home grown player, and we failed to offload some players who shouldn't be there by now.

de ligt and demiral were very good signings of course. not sure about the rest.
You can complain about some of the signings but saying that signing
De Ligt
Demiral
Rabiot
Ramsey
While also getting rid of Cancelo. Bash him all you want but Cancelo was a cancer that has been offloaded from every team instantly. We got good money for him and Cuads has been good.
Every part of the field was upgraded last summer

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Rabiot is not an upgrade - a moody French pussyfag with questionable mental fortitude. Ramsey is quality when fit (but he's like the Douglas Costa of midfielders). Considering how much they earn, and accouting for the fact that our midfield was absolute dogshit, sure you can label it an "upgrade."

However, it wasn't so hard to improve our midfield anyway, and now we are stuck with a fair share of high earners who will be difficult to dispose of. We still need more, and we should've done better, considering the state of our midfield since Pogba, and, before that, Vidal left us.

Jun 16, 2020
I want that kind of creative accounting stop immediately. While it can make the numbers look good, it will make burden to the finance year after. But imo until we still have Ronaldo in our roster, we'll need to do that swap deals to balance the book. Next year if Ronaldo remain, it''ll be bigger sactifices.
Its very difficult though to really understand our finances. I always felt that @s4tch knows a lot.

I mean we closed 2019 with a 40m loss and if I’m not mistaken a big part of it was not countable for the FFP (investments in U23, facilities etc) and we were still paying Mandzukic, Can and Allegri. After that came the capital increase (still don’t really understand if it’s to release financial stress or to invest in commercial revenues), it seemed to me that we didn’t had to much problems financially, but 6 months later we’re still doing a lot of plusvalenza swap deals (although we’ve been trading players for years). Honestly I lost track, can’t say if we’re healthy or not. We’re though investing a lot in our youth teams.

Apr 19, 2007
Rabiot is not an upgrade - a moody French pussyfag with questionable mental fortitude. Ramsey is quality when fit (but he's like the Douglas Costa of midfielders). Considering how much they earn, and accouting for the fact that our midfield was absolute dogshit, sure you can label it an "upgrade."

However, it wasn't so hard to improve our midfield anyway, and now we are stuck with a fair share of high earners who will be difficult to dispose of. We still need more, and we should've done better, considering the state of our midfield since Pogba, and, before that, Vidal left us.
How is rabiot not an upgrade

Apr 19, 2007
I don't rate him. He's mentally fragile, languid. I don't really think he has added anything to the team. I consider an upgrade someone who makes a difference, makes an impact. De Ligt is a massive upgrade who has justified the fee and his wages. Rabiot earns too much money to just be another passenger.
An upgrade is someone that adds something to the team correct? We got rid of Can and added Rabiot and Ramsey. Are you claiming our midfield was downgraded? Are you saying Rabiot as a 6th midfielder made our team worse? Or are you caiming that every player thats not an instant impact player is a bad signing? Even if we sell him this summer for 20 million which is way under value its a good signing. But you would then make up a storyline in your head about how it could have been bad in your fantasy land and bash him

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
An upgrade is someone that adds something to the team correct? We got rid of Can and added Rabiot and Ramsey. Are you claiming our midfield was downgraded? Are you saying Rabiot as a 6th midfielder made our team worse? Or are you caiming that every player thats not an instant impact player is a bad signing? Even if we sell him this summer for 20 million which is way under value its a good signing. But you would then make up a storyline in your head about how it could have been bad in your fantasy land and bash him
What does he add to the team? Getting rid of Can was a good move, but is Rabiot actually better than Can? The jury is still out on that one. Have you seen our midfield play? Aside from Bentancur, can you honestly tell me that the midfield is better? Has it been more coherent and effective than over the last 2-3 seasons? I don't see it. It's not just about names - it's about overall impact. Rabiot for the amount of money he's earning has been a flop. If we sell him for 20+ million this summer, we can revisit this topic. As things stand, he has added nothing and been a flop.

Apr 19, 2007
What does he add to the team? Getting rid of Can was a good move, but is Rabiot actually better than Can? The jury is still out on that one. Have you seen our midfield play? Aside from Bentancur, can you honestly tell me that the midfield is better? Has it been more coherent and effective than over the last 2-3 seasons? I don't see it. It's not just about names - it's about overall impact. Rabiot for the amount of money he's earning has been a flop. If we sell him for 20+ million this summer, we can revisit this topic. As things stand, he has added nothing and been a flop.
Rabiot has big potential and was brought in as added depth and done that very well. He has potential to be a very good player or used as a pawn for another player. Our board has a reputation for free players making us money. Why would you think this is the one guy we cant move?
Whatever keep thinking we are a doomed club all you want but im not buying it

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Rabiot has big potential and was brought in as added depth and done that very well. He has potential to be a very good player or used as a pawn for another player. Our board has a reputation for free players making us money. Why would you think this is the one guy we cant move?
Whatever keep thinking we are a doomed club all you want but im not buying it
I am not a doom merchant, but I'm not some blind delusional optimist who refuses to see anything wrong with what the board are doing. They are not miracle workers, and they are most definitely not infallible. Yes, they have done great things, but we should also be able to criticize them and acknowledge that things can be better.

As things stand, our midfield is poor, compared to other top teams, and even inferior teams in our own division. The fullbacks, Sandro aside, leave a lot to be desired. We lack depth on the wings, provided we want to play with wingers.

We have under performing overpaid players.

These are all facts you choose to ignore. Now, if Tootsie goes out and buys Pogba, making huge plusvalenzas on the sales of Rabiot, Rugani, and Bertha, I will come back and sing his praises in this thread.

Apr 19, 2007
I am not a doom merchant, but I'm not some blind delusional optimist who refuses to see anything wrong with what the board are doing. They are not miracle workers, and they are most definitely not infallible. Yes, they have done great things, but we should also be able to criticize them and acknowledge that things can be better.

As things stand, our midfield is poor, compared to other top teams, and even inferior teams in our own division. The fullbacks, Sandro aside, leave a lot to be desired. We lack depth on the wings, provided we want to play with wingers.

We have under performing overpaid players.

These are all facts you choose to ignore. Now, if Tootsie goes out and buys Pogba, making huge plusvalenzas on the sales of Rabiot, Rugani, and Bertha, I will come back and sing his praises in this thread.
Is rabiot worse than Khedira?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Is rabiot worse than Khedira?
As things stand, yes he is. He might be younger, but he hasn't proven anything. I'm not talking about potential. Context is important. Both Rabiot and Arthur have the potential to be better than Khedira and Pjanic respectively, but they currently most definitely aren't. Obviously, they have time on their side, but the midfield is still a weakness, and hasn't been a formidable unit for us since we sold Vidal and Pogba.

Apr 19, 2007
As things stand, yes he is. He might be younger, but he hasn't proven anything. I'm not talking about potential. Context is important. Both Rabiot and Arthur have the potential to be better than Khedira and Pjanic respectively, but they currently most definitely aren't. Obviously, they have time on their side, but the midfield is still a weakness, and hasn't been a formidable unit for us since we sold Vidal and Pogba.
So you are mad that we dont have money or that we bought MDL with that money? Invested to much in Ronaldo? You think we have the money but decide not to use it? You cant say we should have spent big on a midfielder and also that MDL was a great signing. We chose MDL and the two free cms

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So you are mad that we dont have money or that we bought MDL with that money? Invested to much in Ronaldo? You think we have the money but decide not to use it? You cant say we should have spent big on a midfielder and also that MDL was a great signing. We chose MDL and the two free cms
I'm disappointed that we didn't plan better. Ronaldo, with his huge wages, was an opportunity you can't pass up on, and so we decided to bring him in. You can't fault the management for having that ambition. De Ligt was a market opportunity we had to take - he's a generational talent. However, the midfield issue didn't just surface last year. It's been a problem plaguing us since the summer of 2016, so we've had almost 4 years to deal with it. That's why I'm disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)