vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Hed have helped CR against their 3 CBs since we had zero box pressence. Hes also good at holding the ball with his back to the goal, another thing we miss this season
Dybala was doing one-twos and tried to move things around, that's what we needed. We should have started Ramsey too he was coming off a good game. Lukaku would have seen little of the ball since he doesn't contribute to build up and we had no creativity

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dybala was doing one-twos and tried to move things around, that's what we needed. We should have started Ramsey too he was coming off a good game. Lukaku would have seen little of the ball since he doesn't contribute to build up and we had no creativity
Bonu long ball usually would have been enough, hes stronger than their CBs and can shield himself. Hed also be drawing one out making room for CR. But we mostly wouldnt need him for build up, he would be occupying the middle and drawing attention away from CR on crosses. Wed also be a bigger threat on set pieces. I agree for Ramsey, starting 3 "DMs" is just bad tactics. Cuads would have more help if he was there between the lines

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I said it in another thread. We haven’t had a good transfer window since the summer of 2015 when we bought Dybala, Sandro, Cuadrado, Mandzukic and Khedira.

That was 5 years ago.

Every transfer window since that has usually had one good signing among a bunch of flops.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why point to Dybala when he is one of the few who has brought movement and danger ?
I saw Lukakus name in another post here so i gave my thought on that. Id take Dybala over Lukaku 9/10 times, however the Lyon game was more of a Lukaku one, atleast with the set of players we sent out there

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
This is the same problem we had in Lyon. 3 static non compatible mids and 2 non compatible forwards. Only difference is Ramsey instead of Cuads.

- - - Updated - - -

They all also have fullbacks who push forward. We play slow ass DMs who think they are De Bruyne and B. Silva so the fullbacks cant go forward much. Having Bonucci and Pjanic protecting their backs is not a help either. But the real issue is sarree trying to have us attack through the middle with DMs and no CF
4 4 2?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
h
The lack of width and pace in attack is as big of an issue as our midfield, but not addressed nearly as often

A big reason why Liverpool and Man City are so strong is because players like Salah, Mane, Sterling, and Sane stretch and rip opponents apart. Gnabry and Coman are doing the same job for Bayern this season.

Bernardeschi has fallen off a cliff. Cuadrado isn’t good enough anymore. Costa is always injured. The main reason we play so narrow is because we have nothing out wide.
Any Primavera or U-19 we should look for the wing? If Sarri has a ideal to play like that, he should also look to our Primavera. That's why we have Primavera

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hed have helped CR against their 3 CBs since we had zero box pressence. Hes also good at holding the ball with his back to the goal, another thing we miss this season
We will see this against us on Sunday. Their midfielders will get lots of scoring chances

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I wrote in another thread, imo we need Dybala making a sacrifice to make a moe balanced and effective lineup. Look at insigne on the left in this vid:

Can Dybala really not do a similar job on the right? If he cant for full 90 minutes, its OK, we can sub in Berna or move Cuads up and put Danilo/MDS. We had zero threat from wide areas vs Lyon, Cuadrado was all alone on the right and CR played more in the middle. AS cant support the attack constantly because he has Rabiot and Bonucci (and Pjanic as a DM) on his side. So imo we need 2 threats on each wing (DC/AS and Dybala/Cuads). Put Bentancur at DM since hes the closest we have to one, Chiello has to come back asap, and we need mezzalas helping CR press the defense. Rabiot is not one, Ramsey is. Khedira and Matuidi arent ones either, but they are closer to it than Rabiot.

Cuads MDL Chiello AS
Khedira/Matuidi Bentancur Ramsey/Matuidi
Dybala/Berna CR D. Costa/Berna

Key is can Dybala play as RM basically on defense and offense, and can Sami, Ramsey and DC stay fit. It takes some sacrifices, but imo its our best shot with this group

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Here's what I wrote before the start of the season. Since 2/3 of it have already passed, it makes sense to compare predictions with facts.

1. Fullbacks. Let's hope that Alex Sandro gets back to the level he was at two years ago. Let's hope that Danilo gets back to the level he was at four years ago. Let's hope that injury-prone (and not the best candidates for a fullback position even when they're fit) De Sciglio and Cuadrado aren't injured when they're needed as backups for those two mentioned above.

2. Midfield. Let's hope that Ramsey isn't injured and is at his best form when it's important. Let's hope that Rabiot doesn't change his mind about the Juventus project. Let's hope that Khedira isn't injured. Let's hope that Matuidi doesn't ruin Sarri's football flow. Let's hope Bentancur finally grows to the level he was expected to be at last year. Let's hope Can forgets how to be Sturaro. Let''s hope Pjanic isn't exhausted before January again.

I don't know, guys, it looks almost like gambling to me, and it's definitely far from the solutions the competent management of the big club like Juventus can be satisfied with. This construction they've built so far is too fragile to be considered solid.
1. Alex Sandro is as bad as expected - check.
2. Danilo is as bad as expected - check.
3. De Sciglio is either injured or isn't good enough after an injury - check.
4. Ramsey is never fully ready - check
5. Rabiot failed to become an important player for his new team too - check.
6. Khedira is injured - check.
7. Matuidi lacks skills for the style of football he's expected to participate in - check.
8. Pjanic has already been exhausted for months - check.

Only Cuadrado and Bentancur have been nice surprises. If I was able to see all of this, and football is merely a hobby of mine, it means that high probability of 80% of all the current problems could have been detected and addressed timely by any half-competent football manager. What a disgrace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)