vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd say that some moves were long planned - Ramsey, Rabiot (obviously), De Ligt, Romero and Demiral. In fact I'm absolutely confident those were done months ago, or mostly completed. Spinazzola/Pellegrini maybe, it was done early and we'd know well in advance about the plusvalenza opportunity.

Cancelo could be another one that was set up long ago and we have been haggling for details. Danilo becomes an opportunity because of that City interest.

It's the sales that are hard to plan. We'd surely want to keep Kean, but if he's not signing a new contract then we have to make a decision.

There is surely a shortlist of potential sales we had in mind, but you are reliant on other teams being willing to pay fees and take on salaries. The list includes Khedira, Higuain, Pjaca, Perin, Rugani (almost certainly) and probably Matuidi, Mandzukic and Dybala. Then you're looking at opportunities, and these only come after sales. I'm talking players like Icardi, or something completely left field. It's difficult to say who becomes available late in the window. But really we are only looking at sales now. I don't believe we'll see both Mandzukic and Higuain go. Probably Higuain out with Mario staying. Icardi becomes an opportunity only if Dybala was to be sold. Maybe we'll put it on Chiesa instead and have CR7 as a striker. Again, these are opportunistic moves, because as it stands we aren't signing more important players for decent money.

At face value the mercato might seem extremely random and reactive, but I think it often is very fluid in the modern game. Our signings have been mostly proactive, but selling is often harder. It's harder for us because our potential sales are either older and on big money, injured, or in very sketchy form. Those are not good starting positions. But which big club is looking to sell it's relatively youthful, in-form players? Where the sporting directors earn their big money with current Juventus will be trying to get decent deals for some of the outgoing players. And don't be surprised to see Khedira go for free (€6m salary) and maybe 3 others on loan-to-buys.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I'd say that some moves were long planned - Ramsey, Rabiot (obviously), De Ligt, Romero and Demiral. In fact I'm absolutely confident those were done months ago, or mostly completed. Spinazzola/Pellegrini maybe, it was done early and we'd know well in advance about the plusvalenza opportunity.

Cancelo could be another one that was set up long ago and we have been haggling for details. Danilo becomes an opportunity because of that City interest.

It's the sales that are hard to plan. We'd surely want to keep Kean, but if he's not signing a new contract then we have to make a decision.

There is surely a shortlist of potential sales we had in mind, but you are reliant on other teams being willing to pay fees and take on salaries. The list includes Khedira, Higuain, Pjaca, Perin, Rugani (almost certainly) and probably Matuidi, Mandzukic and Dybala. Then you're looking at opportunities, and these only come after sales. I'm talking players like Icardi, or something completely left field. It's difficult to say who becomes available late in the window. But really we are only looking at sales now. I don't believe we'll see both Mandzukic and Higuain go. Probably Higuain out with Mario staying. Icardi becomes an opportunity only if Dybala was to be sold. Maybe we'll put it on Chiesa instead and have CR7 as a striker. Again, these are opportunistic moves, because as it stands we aren't signing more important players for decent money.

At face value the mercato might seem extremely random and reactive, but I think it often is very fluid in the modern game. Our signings have been mostly proactive, but selling is often harder. It's harder for us because our potential sales are either older and on big money, injured, or in very sketchy form. Those are not good starting positions. But which big club is looking to sell it's relatively youthful, in-form players? Where the sporting directors earn their big money with current Juventus will be trying to get decent deals for some of the outgoing players. And don't be surprised to see Khedira go for free (€6m salary) and maybe 3 others on loan-to-buys.
I hate it when people are rational and make sense.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I really liked Rugani and wanted him to stay, but he just can't step up, so prolly the choice was made when we got De Ligt.
I disagree though for Kean, we just didnt believe in him enough, to offer him the salary he deserves, that's 100% on the new Secco

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I really liked Rugani and wanted him to stay, but he just can't step up, so prolly the choice was made when we got De Ligt.
I disagree though for Kean, we just didnt believe in him enough, to offer him the salary he deserves, that's 100% on the new Secco
Really? What did you like the most about him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)