vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We are going to lose on De Ligt and Pogba is not in our reach only because of Icardi but Paratici should be given time to be judged :howler:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I thought that it's already done and dusted that we hired a bum as a coach. There is nothing more to say
Don't forget that there is nothing much to expect because if he manages to win the scudetto in his first year then it will be considered a success

Because that's why you fire a world class coach... To hire a 2nd tier coach, lower expectations and set the bar at the possibility of winning the league...

But hey, at least we are guaranteed entertaining football...

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Don't forget that there is nothing much to expect because if he manages to win the scudetto in his first year then it will be considered a success

Because that's why you fire a world class coach... To hire a 2nd tier coach, lower expectations and set the bar at the possibility of winning the league...

Same here ... i have no expectations except , what they called it entertaining football , lets see how much we get .... going 5 -0 and endup with 5-4 or starting well then collapse toward the end ... or maybe facing Zidan or Pep or Klop and lose against them ....
Lets see how much smart he is during the matches ... how his subs give us a lose or a win , or the players turn on him or not ...

Maybe we endup like Arsenal , playing good but getting nothing and you know always their is a next year

Or maybe sacked earlier , hope we have someone else ready ...maybe Allegri will come back too :ratcafe:

I see Juve is too much for him , the expectations and the media will kill him if will not doing well ...

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

The expectation should not be reduced for him it should be the same standard Allegri was being held to.

Winning the league is not negotiable. If we lose that then thats a disastrous failure that deserves an instant sacking. This is not status quo this is regressing. We regressed the last 2 seasons but Allegri had enough credit with us from his first few seasons he deserved extra chances. We dont have the same history with Sarri. If we regress its 0/5 stars and he should be instantly sacked.

Winning it in style is also a requirement (otherwise Allegri would be just fine), and if we dont see a marked improvement in style over the course of the year then I'll have a hard time supporting giving him another season. This would be repeating last season which is not good enough. This is 3/5 stars.. underwhelming, and I'd support a sacking if another coach is available. There has to be something to warrant an extra season, otherwise he'd have wasted a year doing nothing. The team wouldnt have evolved tactically it'd be really a skipped year, only Ronaldo and Chiellini are a year older.

Winning the league + clear tactical improvement in our game plan on average (in Italy and Europe) is the expectation and 4/5 stars in my books. If he does that and wins the CL too then thats 5/5 stars performance.

Reducing expectations is a recipe for reduced performance. Maintain expectations because its his first year, then incrementally increase it year over year.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The expectation should not be reduced for him it should be the same standard Allegri was being held to.

Winning the league is not negotiable. If we lose that then thats a disastrous failure that deserves an instant sacking. This is not status quo this is regressing. We regressed the last 2 seasons but Allegri had enough credit with us from his first few seasons he deserved extra chances. We dont have the same history with Sarri. If we regress its 0/5 stars and he should be instantly sacked.

Winning it in style is also a requirement (otherwise Allegri would be just fine), and if we dont see a marked improvement in style over the course of the year then I'll have a hard time supporting giving him another season. This would be repeating last season which is not good enough. This is 3/5 stars.. underwhelming, and I'd support a sacking if another coach is available. There has to be something to warrant an extra season, otherwise he'd have wasted a year doing nothing. The team wouldnt have evolved tactically it'd be really a skipped year, only Ronaldo and Chiellini are a year older.

Winning the league + clear tactical improvement in our game plan on average (in Italy and Europe) is the expectation and 4/5 stars in my books. If he does that and wins the CL too then thats 5/5 stars performance.

Reducing expectations is a recipe for reduced performance. Maintain expectations because its his first year, then incrementally increase it year over year.
You don’t move on from a top tier coach only to lower expectations for his successor

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

not winning the league is a sackable offence bar winning the cl
winning the league and not making at least copa semis without winning the cl is an underachivement
minimum should be win seria a at least copa semis and at least cl quarters of course that failing to progress in the round of 16 or qf against any kind of second tier club is a sackable offence

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
not winning the league is a sackable offence bar winning the cl
winning the league and not making at least copa semis without winning the cl is an underachivement
minimum should be win seria a at least copa semis and at least cl quarters of course that failing to progress in the round of 16 or qf against any kind of second tier club is a sackable offence

Thats fair as a results-based metric, but we should also have tactical/behavioural metrics he has to meet that demonstrate a team's progress. The kind of progress Liverpool showed on their way to the CL title or City showed from Pep's first season to the second. Clear improvement year on year in the style, and strength of the team.
Judging by win/no win information only doesnt give a complete picture of a team's progress. It equates everyone who doesnt win as if they were at a similar level when there is obviously degrees.

For me at least, if he wins Serie A and coppa and gets to the CL QF without improving our game play, then I'll campaign against him even harder than I did against Allegri. Sarri doesnt have a history with us (or with another club) to get multiple chances.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
so far, this guy is just not making me feel good. we have many players who could offload and pay for couple of players we in dire need to bring.

he lost nbombele for almost no battle.

and the de ligt situation is getting ridiculous. i like the Rabiot deal. and that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)