vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So far Paratici has been proved just mediocre.
We are Juventus and we are splashing cash like crazy. Nothing magic about our arrivals so far.
Ramsey is an injury prone nightmare and we offered him a sky high salary, more than he deserved, more than most teams would.
Rabbiot seems like a filthy character and we paid 10mil commission to his mom and again a higher salary than better players, prolly noone offered more.
Pellegrini is a nobody, a boy that failed to become a starter in Cagliari and we spent 22mil to get, no other team in the world would...
De Ligt is a fantastic player and all and we faced competition of the highest level, but we had to sacrifice our morality. The sport is making a dark turn were super agents are manipulating teams and players for personal profits. As long as it suits us, we embraced it, other teams were reluctant to make such an immoral step because they know that this agent will not hesitate to do the same to us, for profit, hense the release clause, noone else was willing to accept...
We have yet to offload our deadwood (Sami, Higgy, Matuidi and Mario?) this will become tougher, the longer the transfer window advances, this has been our greatest weakness under the Marotta reign and will decide Paratici's effectiveness.
Instead of selling what we want, it seems that we are manipulated to sell useful and rare players like Spina and Cancelo, creating new problems in places they weren't.
And lastly, if there was one thing more important than getting a new CB, is getting that AMF Beppe has been failing to get each and every year, we prolly have to generate some income first from sales of the above mentioned players we have failed to sell for decent profit in the first 1/3 of the transfer window...

Of course there is plenty of time to make this work, but for the moment, there is nothing impressive to it, just splashing cash were others wouldn't...

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We are Juventus and we are splashing cash like crazy. Nothing magic about our arrivals so far.
Ramsey is an injury prone nightmare and we offered him a sky high salary, more than he deserved, more than most teams would.
Rabbiot seems like a filthy character and we paid 10mil commission to his mom and again a higher salary than better players, prolly noone offered more.
Pellegrini is a nobody, a boy that failed to become a starter in Cagliari and we spent 22mil to get, no other team in the world would...
De Ligt is a fantastic player and all and we faced competition of the highest level, but we had to sacrifice our morality. The sport is making a dark turn were super agents are manipulating teams and players for personal profits. As long as it suits us, we embraced it, other teams were reluctant to make such an immoral step because they know that this agent will not hesitate to do the same to us, for profit, hense the release clause, noone else was willing to accept...
We have yet to offload our deadwood (Sami, Higgy, Matuidi and Mario?) this will become tougher, the longer the transfer window advances, this has been our greatest weakness under the Marotta reign and will decide Paratici's effectiveness.
Instead of selling what we want, it seems that we are manipulated to sell useful and rare players like Spina and Cancelo, creating new problems in places they weren't.
And lastly, if there was one thing more important than getting a new CB, is getting that AMF Beppe has been failing to get each and every year, we prolly have to generate some income first from sales of the above mentioned players we have failed to sell for decent profit in the first 1/3 of the transfer window...

Of course there is plenty of time to make this work, but for the moment, there is nothing impressive to it, just splashing cash were others wouldn't...
So we shouldn't buy Ramsey because he is injury prone. Pogba - rumored 140 mil.
We shouldn't buy rabiot because he is a filthy character. Ndombele close to totenham 72 mil.
We shouldn't buy de ligt because he has a high release clause. Koulibaly rumored 100 mil.
Most of our deadwood aren't that sought after.And who can blame them.They are all over 30.
Khedira 0
Matuidi at most 15 mil.
Manbro at most 10 mil.
Higuain at most 20 mil. We would be lucky if we get 15 and escape his salary.

So where should the money for our perfect mercato come from?

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We are Juventus and we are splashing cash like crazy. ...
???

these players wouldn't cost too much compared to those we previously had. both rabiot and ramsey will cost less than 15m per year. ~ cuadrado, matuidi money, if you want some reference. pellegrini on a 5-year deal, 22m transfer fee, 1,5m net is below 8m/year.

Last edited:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005

This post is reported for trolling...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So we shouldn't buy Ramsey because he is injury prone. Pogba - rumored 140 mil.
We shouldn't buy rabiot because he is a filthy character. Ndombele close to totenham 72 mil.
We shouldn't buy de ligt because he has a high release clause. Koulibaly rumored 100 mil.
Most of our deadwood aren't that sought after.And who can blame them.They are all over 30.
Khedira 0
Matuidi at most 15 mil.
Manbro at most 10 mil.
Higuain at most 20 mil. We would be lucky if we get 15 and escape his salary.

So where should the money for our perfect mercato come from?
IMO we should prioritize the player who will change the shape of our team and help us become CL contenders, may it be Isco, James, SMS or whatever. Pogba was never a realistic solution and Ndombele not a priority, they were just a waste of time, as they were priorities of wealthier clubs.
But if Real gets both Hazard and Pogbs, they will sell someone, their trash will literally be our treasure.
With 75mil at hand we can get that player.
As we never learn, we always get injury prone players, i hoped under Paratici this will change, well here goes nothing...
We can still do this and mark an excellent mercato, unless what we spent so far and what we didn't sell, will forbid us to do.

At any case, what i am saying is, that Paratici didn't do any spectacular so far, just spending the cash others shouldn't and being roothless were others weren't. We have seen what Raiola did with Pogbs, i expect the same with De Ligt.

No need to praise him yet, he just performed average. De Ligt will be a major victory, even tainted, but Spina-Pellegrini was a major defeat.

- - - Updated - - -

This post is reported for trolling...
Reported for bullying, that's my opinion and i have arguments, where are yours?
This forum is becoming a popularity contest and a bully galore.
Ppl are not allowed to have a different opinion and post it, even when they have arguments to support it. Even when time and time again their views were proven true later, despite the fact that they were unpopular when they were initially shared.
And yet the bullying goes on, it is tolerated and some mods even encourage it...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Reported for bullying, that's my opinion and i have arguments, where are yours?
This forum is becoming a popularity contest and a bully galore.
Ppl are not allowed to have a different opinion and post it, even when they have arguments to support it. Even when time and time again their views were proven true later, despite the fact that they were unpopular when they were initially shared.
And yet the bullying goes on, it is tolerated and some mods even encourage it...

I asked you a question the other day, with arguments and facts, without bullying nor popularity, yet you chose to avoid answering.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I asked you a question the other day, with arguments and facts, without bullying nor popularity, yet you chose to avoid answering.
You are teaser, i dont always take you seriously, because i can't tell when you are serious or not.
Are you referring to the PSG question?
I cannot remember saying smth like that about them, as they are wealthy, i used such arguments for Napoli, Ajax, Porto, Udine, Velencia, i cant remember saying that about PSG, you sure that was me? I can't remember the time or the context and at any case i would be grateful if we managed to get rid of Bonucci at any circumstances.
I find it impossible to happen and wouldn't want to jinx it, pls let it happen first.
I will start with a Paratici avatar right the next day of the announcement!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Probably been bounced around int he transfer sections but here:

-Gianluca Di Marzio and Fabrizio Romano both report Juve have agreed personal terms with De Ligt and that sporting director Fabio Paratici is now waiting for Ajax to formally accept their bid of €75m.

-With Buffon as the Sky Sport Italia journalists agree there is a ‘total agreement’ for the goalkeeper to return on a one-year playing contract, with only his signature missing.

-Di Marzio claims Cagliari are ready to bring back Luca Pellegrini on a season-long loan.

-Pellegrini only joined the Bianconeri on Sunday, but the Italy Under-21 left-back could again be farmed out to Sardinia for first-team experience.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Bringing in Ramsey and Rabiot on free transfers are brilliant pieces of business. Getting arguably one of the Top 7-10 CB's in the world is another masterstroke.

If we keep Cancelo and Sandro, that would be great.

If an opportunity for a top midfielder presents itself and we capitalize on it, then this mercato will be a raving success. And he will deserve the plaudits he will receive. He has learned well from Beppe, but he has his own style to things.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Brilliant? No need to exagerate.
Too early for that.
Players of value greater than an average quality in a great price are brilliant transfers, so far we had none of that.
Players within our average quality, in decent prices is just average, this is technically what we did so far.
We chose among free agents only, in the most crowded place only (CM) and the equiavalent of a good transfer fee, for free agents is a good salary, but what we chose was not players with good salary, actually they had quite a high salary.
And Pellegrini who is an unproven, mediocre player, of lesser value than the average Juve standards, who comes at a very high price.
De Ligt will be a player that will actually upgrade our team.
We will see at what price those orher 3CBs will be acquired.
We will see if we manage to sell our players in fair prices.
And if we manage to acquire our primary target (AMF)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Brilliant? No need to exagerate.
Too early for that.
Players of value greater than an average quality in a great price are brilliant transfers, so far we had none of that.
Players within our average quality, in decent prices is just average, this is technically what we did so far.
We chose among free agents only, in the most crowded place only (CM) and the equiavalent of a good transfer fee, for free agents is a good salary, but what we chose was not players with good salary, actually they had quite a high salary.
And Pellegrini who is an unproven, mediocre player, of lesser value than the average Juve standards, who comes at a very high price.
De Ligt will be a player that will actually upgrade our team.
We will see at what price those orher 3CBs will be acquired.
We will see if we manage to sell our players in fair prices.
And if we manage to acquire our primary target (AMF)
Rabiot and Ramsey are great signings and
If they were under contract we would need in the region of 100 mil. to get them.
As for selling players at fair values, I don't think we can appreciate the market's dynamic.Maybe we value higuain for 36 mil. but if no one is willing to pay that then what is his market value?
If roma are the only ones that would take him and only want to pay 24 ,is that a fair value?
I don't think we can say for certain.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Keep this Pellegrini kid as a back-up. Since Sarri doesn't rotate, Sandro wil play 50 games next season anyway.

And if we sign De Ligt, Bonucci can be useful. He could carry the water for Ronaldo on the sidelines, lul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)