vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So his first season in charge of his role post-Marotta, what have we seen cooking on the burners:

1.) Fire coach
2.) Look for coach because one wasn't immediately provided after sending Max off into the sunset.
3.) Hire...nay, PAY for a coach who spent nearly half a decade losing to us (LOL pay a club to let the coach go...pretty sure that's a first for us)
4.) Buys a CB, which we need. Buys another, which we also need, but loans him out because that plan worked so well for us before.
5.) Apparently listening to Sarri to get Icardi....for....dybala, to our direct rival next year whom have a better defense AND better coach.
6.) Ramsey, not sure that was entirely him but give him credit for it...good freebie
7.) Maybe Rabiot who is also flirting with MU

I'm sure I'm missing others, but everything else seems to be more rumor than concrete.

Still love him, but holy shit is he pushing the limits of what we are used to this summer :lol:

If he manages to lock in another good CB (Manolas/De Ligt [PSG bound?]), another TOP CM (Rabiot doesn't count for me) like Tanguy and I will be happy. I know I'm disappointing many here (not like I don't always do that anyway) but I wouldn't mind Icardi here. Next season will be a shit show anyway, so why not take it as far as you can go. I am not OK sending Dybala to Inter, though. Not coo.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So his first season in charge of his role post-Marotta, what have we seen cooking on the burners:

1.) Fire coach
2.) Look for coach because one wasn't immediately provided after sending Max off into the sunset.
3.) Hire...nay, PAY for a coach who spent nearly half a decade losing to us (LOL pay a club to let the coach go...pretty sure that's a first for us)
4.) Buys a CB, which we need. Buys another, which we also need, but loans him out because that plan worked so well for us before.
5.) Apparently listening to Sarri to get Icardi....for....dybala, to our direct rival next year whom have a better defense AND better coach.
6.) Ramsey, not sure that was entirely him but give him credit for it...good freebie
7.) Maybe Rabiot who is also flirting with MU

I'm sure I'm missing others, but everything else seems to be more rumor than concrete.

Still love him, but holy shit is he pushing the limits of what we are used to this summer :lol:

If he manages to lock in another good CB (Manolas/De Ligt [PSG bound?]), another TOP CM (Rabiot doesn't count for me) like Tanguy and I will be happy. I know I'm disappointing many here (not like I don't always do that anyway) but I wouldn't mind Icardi here. Next season will be a shit show anyway, so why not take it as far as you can go. I am not OK sending Dybala to Inter, though. Not coo.
don't forget selling Cancelo for BARELY ANY profit. Would be funny to see how #teamParatici spins that one.

Of course they beat up on Marotta for struggling to sell our throw away players (khedira lol) but Cancelo is somebody with actual value. A player clubs want. And we are selling him on for 10mil more than we paid?

Sad.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
don't forget selling Cancelo for BARELY ANY profit.
~20m is a bit more than barely any profit, even if we should milk city harder than that. it still can save our ass from ffp sanctions though.

poor fucker cancelo, he's about to be sold for ffp reasons for the 2nd year in a row, and knowing city's situation, it can happen to him next season too :baus:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
~20m is a bit more than barely any profit, even if we should milk city harder than that. it still can save our ass from ffp sanctions though.

poor fucker cancelo, he's about to be sold for ffp reasons for the 2nd year in a row, and knowing city's situation, it can happen to him next season too :baus:
i hadnt thought of that but its hilarious. if cancelo goes to City it could potentially be the 4th club to get rid of him in 4 years over FFP. :lol3: where will go next? Le PSG?

Oct 23, 2011
I really doubt it's for FFP reasons. If we need to sell a key attacking player, which he was before his injury, for a profit of 10-20 million and downgrade our fullback position once again (just wait for our replacement, if any) in order to comply with FFP, we are in much bigger problems than expected and would mean some serious mismanagement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)