vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You said a week ago that Paratici wouldn’t sell players just because they ask to leave.

Now he’s selling our 3rd best CB for peanuts in the middle of January.

Let’s here some criticism for this move. It’s a bad one by any standard. Not even Marotta sold our players mid-season.
Lets not understate how much Juve wanted Benatia to remain till the summer, it's clear benatia was very unsettled, and this is through his passive aggressive stance through social media and has been the case since Bonucci's arrival in the summer.

Benatia clearly has a history of this at Udinese, Roma, Bayern and now at Juve, he was forcing a move to a point that we said ok we'll sell on our terms, not like ok you can go now and we will scramble to find a replacement like we did with Vidal's sale and finished up with Hernanes.

TBH they club have found what I deem as a adequate CB till the end of the season without paying much for him. TBH i don't think the price of Benatia is all that unfair, I'd hardly call it peanuts given his age and it's not like any of the other interested clubs i.e. from France would have paid that much more if at all. But lets not even go into the sort of sales Marotta used to do, he would have released benatia or loaned him out with option to buy instead.

Would Benatia have offered that much more to this current campaign? probably not, to be fair I look at this move and see it as an act of confidence in Rugani who is a superior player any ways.

Perhaps my one small criticism would be of this move is perhaps offer him to arsenal for ramsey now? that's something we may never know, then again Benatia may be preferred a big pay day move to Qatar instead, whilst arsenal may not value Benatia as much as the sale of Ramsey now given they apparently want 20 mill to buy him now, I suppose they felt it deemed necessary to get another midfielder in rather than another defender at the expense of a midfielder who they can't replace because the club have told Emery they can only loan players this window.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Martin is easily in my top 5 of all times, along with Guti, Kolo, Gigi and Ale.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you look at that, that is 5.
9H7xfUY.jpg

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
10 million for a CB of his age and ability in the middle of the always overly inflated january transfer window is far from reasonable. The only redeeming value to this would be if it means Ramsey gets here this month

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Only if he let him go for nothing or out on loan with option to buy I would. I don't think 10 mill is all that unreasonable, at least we get his wages off our books too
That's such a lie. None of this is the point. Selling our 3rd best CB in January for peanuts, while failing to adequately replace him or upgrade our midfield would be an incredibly stupid move. The peanuts we got for him, could easily have been received by selling him in the summer.

I will withhold final judgment on this move until the end of the mercato, to see if we use these funds to help us get a CM or a CB of a better quality than Caceres, but as things stand, lol at defending this.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
10 million for a CB of his age and ability in the middle of the always overly inflated january transfer window is far from reasonable. The only redeeming value to this would be if it means Ramsey gets here this month
That's such a lie. None of this is the point. Selling our 3rd best CB in January for peanuts, while failing to adequately replace him or upgrade our midfield would be an incredibly stupid move. The peanuts we got for him, could easily have been received by selling him in the summer.

I will withhold final judgment on this move until the end of the mercato, to see if we use these funds to help us get a CM or a CB of a better quality than Caceres, but as things stand, lol at defending this.

The 3rd best CB on arguably one of the top 3 teams in the world should ALWAYS go for more than 10 million.

In fucking JANUARY.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

The 3rd best CB on arguably one of the top 3 teams in the world should ALWAYS go for more than 10 million.

In fucking JANUARY.
So why is it he only had interest from Qatar and France? (assuming Marseille who are cheap cunts any ways)

Chelsea and Arsenal could do with a defender but they didn't show any interest clearly or maybe the wages the Qatari club was far too good to refuse

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

In fucking JANUARY.

So why is it he only had interest from Qatar and France? (assuming Marseille who are cheap cunts any ways)

Chelsea and Arsenal could do with a defender but they didn't show any interest clearly or maybe the wages the Qatari club was far too good to refuse

Here's what you do. YOU DON'T SELL

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck would his worth be in June? 5 Million? 6, Tops? Are we kidding here?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I've already answered this and I said if Beppe did this he'd have either sold him for

a) a lot less
b) released him for free
c) loaned out with option to buy

Really. You are abosolutely sure of this. Please remind me of the last time Beppe sold someone of Benatia's caliber in January

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Really. You are abosolutely sure of this. Please remind me of the last time Beppe sold someone of Benatia's caliber in January
It's not about when Beppe sold someone of Benatia's calibre in January its about Beppe selling anyone of a decent quality at any time

Llorente, Tevez, Marchisio to name a few were let go for £0
Higuain was let go on loan with option to buy
Vidal was sold well under his market value.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's not about when Beppe sold someone of Benatia's calibre in January its about Beppe selling anyone of a decent quality at any time

Llorente, Tevez, Marchisio to name a few were let go for £0
Higuain was let go on loan with option to buy
Vidal was sold well under his market value.

January. I said JANUARY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)