vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Happy birthday to this man.

Agnelli and Marotta are the best in their respective positions, but so is he.

Some info, quotes, and how he operates:

5 meetings Paratici & his team have each year for scouting of players (Paratici presented this to @Wyscout in 2013): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKhG6rrUAAAQgU8.png

The scouting budget (as per 2013) & weekly planning of the scouting team which works under Paratici.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKhII95UcAACLD1.png

Paratici once said "When signing players, I treat the club's money as if it was mine, in a professional & ethical way."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJzHgnxUcAAo-n6.png

Paratici on Nov 10, 2014: "I always tell my wife before signing a player Ive to see him in 3 situations: on the field, with his family & with his entourage."

Paratici on May 9 2014 on Pogba "He's a great player & a great person. He has a future ahead of him that no one can even imagine."

Paratici "I say this about Pogba not only because of the technical skills that he possesses but because of the great mentality that he has."

Paratici "Flop signings? The ones that you remember the most! I never talk about how we got Pogba, but about how we signed Martinez."

Paratici "We believe in what we do, our investments, our decisions. You may not see results straight away but believe in us till the end."

Paratici "A perfect example here is Bonucci, he was massacred & criticized in his first year, but we never stopped believing."

Paratici "Pirlo? He was out of contract, which we couldn't believe. We met his agent & he confirmed it but I still didn't believe it."

Paratici "Signings are finalized at the end of a process which first begins with the scouts & then includes a big amount of studies."

Paratici "Football has become fast: today players request a new contract after 5 good games when 10-yrs ago they had to have 2 good years."

Paratici "What does a sports director at Juventus do? It's complicated."

Paratici "A sports director in a club like Juventus has to monitor the technical area, oversee the youth sector & manage the scouts."

Paratici "And finally a sports director has to be in daily contact with the management, team & coach, and that is the challenging part."

Paratici "There are also other times where I've to intervene: when a player is criticized by the media I make sure it doesn't get to him."

Paratici "Players from South America come from a different world, when arriving in Europe you have to see if they can make that jump."

Paratici "When signing a player it matters a lot to see those around him."

Dec 13, 2012 - Paratici LIVE from London at the WyScout Forum "We have thirty five scouts and organize 5 meetings a season."

Paratici Live from London "1st meeting is held in June, where we talk about tactics with the coach."

Paratici Live from London "The second is held in October, where we discuss players and positions."

Paratici Live from London "In December we hold a meeting with the management & board to discuss which players are financially within reach."

Paratici Live from London "In March we 'cut' a list of the top players followed, and we focus on some of them."

Paratici Live from London "Finally in May, in our last meeting we make a list of 44 players, 4 players per position."

Paratici Live from London "We divide the countries into 2 levels. First, Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain. "

Paratici Live from London "2nd are, Belgium, Colombia, Croatia, Nether., Portugal, Serbia, Uruguay. Denmark, Sweden, Switz., Mexico, Chile."

Paratici Live from London "35% of the players we scout are for the first team and the other 65% are youngsters."

Paratici Live from London "We have observed more than 1316 international matches, we work a lot, it's hard to improve a team like Juventus."

Paratici Live from London "Our yearly budget is around 1.4 million euros, approximately 40% of that is spent on travel-related costs."
Still waiting for that massive English talent :rofl:

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Happy birthday to this man.

Agnelli and Marotta are the best in their respective positions, but so is he.

Some info, quotes, and how he operates:

5 meetings Paratici & his team have each year for scouting of players (Paratici presented this to @Wyscout in 2013): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKhG6rrUAAAQgU8.png

The scouting budget (as per 2013) & weekly planning of the scouting team which works under Paratici.

Paratici once said "When signing players, I treat the club's money as if it was mine, in a professional & ethical way."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJzHgnxUcAAo-n6.png

Paratici on Nov 10, 2014: "I always tell my wife before signing a player Ive to see him in 3 situations: on the field, with his family & with his entourage."

Paratici on May 9 2014 on Pogba "He's a great player & a great person. He has a future ahead of him that no one can even imagine."

Paratici "I say this about Pogba not only because of the technical skills that he possesses but because of the great mentality that he has."

Paratici "Flop signings? The ones that you remember the most! I never talk about how we got Pogba, but about how we signed Martinez."

Paratici "We believe in what we do, our investments, our decisions. You may not see results straight away but believe in us till the end."

Paratici "A perfect example here is Bonucci, he was massacred & criticized in his first year, but we never stopped believing."

Paratici "Pirlo? He was out of contract, which we couldn't believe. We met his agent & he confirmed it but I still didn't believe it."

Paratici "Signings are finalized at the end of a process which first begins with the scouts & then includes a big amount of studies."

Paratici "Football has become fast: today players request a new contract after 5 good games when 10-yrs ago they had to have 2 good years."

Paratici "What does a sports director at Juventus do? It's complicated."

Paratici "A sports director in a club like Juventus has to monitor the technical area, oversee the youth sector & manage the scouts."

Paratici "And finally a sports director has to be in daily contact with the management, team & coach, and that is the challenging part."

Paratici "There are also other times where I've to intervene: when a player is criticized by the media I make sure it doesn't get to him."

Paratici "Players from South America come from a different world, when arriving in Europe you have to see if they can make that jump."

Paratici "When signing a player it matters a lot to see those around him."

Dec 13, 2012 - Paratici LIVE from London at the WyScout Forum "We have thirty five scouts and organize 5 meetings a season."

Paratici Live from London "1st meeting is held in June, where we talk about tactics with the coach."

Paratici Live from London "The second is held in October, where we discuss players and positions."

Paratici Live from London "In December we hold a meeting with the management & board to discuss which players are financially within reach."

Paratici Live from London "In March we 'cut' a list of the top players followed, and we focus on some of them."

Paratici Live from London "Finally in May, in our last meeting we make a list of 44 players, 4 players per position."

Paratici Live from London "We divide the countries into 2 levels. First, Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain. "

Paratici Live from London "2nd are, Belgium, Colombia, Croatia, Nether., Portugal, Serbia, Uruguay. Denmark, Sweden, Switz., Mexico, Chile."

Paratici Live from London "35% of the players we scout are for the first team and the other 65% are youngsters."

Paratici Live from London "We have observed more than 1316 international matches, we work a lot, it's hard to improve a team like Juventus."

Paratici Live from London "Our yearly budget is around 1.4 million euros, approximately 40% of that is spent on travel-related costs."
:beppe:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They are current WC champions in u17 and u20.

Nothing to laugh about.
And European U19 champions. Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Ryan Sessegnon are players Paratici would love to sign given the chance. There are quite a few U20 players.

Also 21 year old James Maddison who is now at Leicester, I'm biased with him being local but from what I've seen he has a real touch of class.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We have the heir to :beppe:’s throne once The Great Man calls it quits and retires. Paratici is an absolute jewel for this club, his scouting and networking with other clubs/agents have helped us so much over the last few years.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
And European U19 champions. Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Ryan Sessegnon are players Paratici would love to sign given the chance. There are quite a few U20 players.

Also 21 year old James Maddison who is now at Leicester, I'm biased with him being local but from what I've seen he has a real touch of class.
Such a Trini name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)