Fabio Miretti (17 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
if Miretti not playing was the difference between beating Salernitana at home, we don’t deserve a spot in serie A, nevermind the top four.
Such a simplistic and populist comment.

Let's say we play a game like the one against Venezia and Miretti makes one crucial mistake... Note: Every top club makes mistakes against small clubs and every youngster makes mistakes. Not all of them can handle the pressure, let alone that of a top-4 finish at Juve.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Such a simplistic and populist comment.

Let's say we play a game like the one against Venezia and Miretti makes one crucial mistake... Note: Every top club makes mistakes against small clubs and every youngster makes mistakes. Not all of them can handle the pressure, let alone that of a top-4 finish at Juve.
Sad to see the Italian stench passed down to the fanbase.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah and I could get hit by lightning today. Thats a distinct possibility as well.
You’re trying to say Miretti not being good is a unlikely as getting hit by lightning? Lol

How many of our youth players have gone on to great careers elsewhere after failing to break into the first team here?

Miretti and others may turn out great, I don’t know. We’re not watching them train, or obviously play against top level competition. But the likelihood of all the young players you fap over turning into something useful is rather slim.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
You’re trying to say Miretti not being good is a unlikely as getting hit by lightning? Lol

How many of our youth players have gone on to great careers elsewhere after failing to break into the first team here?

Miretti and others may turn out great, I don’t know. We’re not watching them train, or obviously play against top level competition. But the likelihood of all the young players you fap over turning into something useful is rather slim.
All the young players I fap over? Wanting to see young players play doesn't mean I'm necesarily sold on them. The only one I'm all in on is Fagioli. Miretti is getting close the more I watch him. Those are the two I would put money on. The rest is cautious optimism.

And I dont care about all of our youth players in the past, Juve were never truly invested in development until about 2019, or whenever they founded the u23 project.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...And I dont care about all of our youth players in the past, Juve were never truly invested in development until about 2019, or whenever they founded the u23 project.
that's a good point actually. the current guys at least have some experience at serie c level, which is way more competitive and tough than primavera or any u23 league. i also have high hopes for miretti and fagioli, though miretti looked way too timid the other day, he clearly needs to gain some confidence for this level. fingers crossed for them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
All the young players I fap over? Wanting to see young players play doesn't mean I'm necesarily sold on them. The only one I'm all in on is Fagioli. Miretti is getting close the more I watch him. Those are the two I would put money on. The rest is cautious optimism.

And I dont care about all of our youth players in the past, Juve were never truly invested in development until about 2019, or whenever they founded the u23 project.
Look, I have hopes for Miretti and Fagioli too. I’m just not particularly worried that an 18 year old hasn’t gotten minutes in the first team yet. It’s not like he isn’t playing and developing. 2500 minutes this year in the lower level already. He’s only with the first team because of injuries. Let him keep developing.

Jun 16, 2020
that's a good point actually. the current guys at least have some experience at serie c level, which is way more competitive and tough than primavera or any u23 league. i also have high hopes for miretti and fagioli, though miretti looked way too timid the other day, he clearly needs to gain some confidence for this level. fingers crossed for them.
It’s not really fair to judge his performance as it was so short, literally didn’t had enough minutes and touches to grow into the game.

For Miretti it’s early days, personally I’m more convinced by Fagioli and I was angrier by the fact that we ignored him when we shouldn’t.

But generally speaking I hope this conservative mentality breaks because it wouldn’t hurt to see a primavera player getting some 10/15 minutes here and there.

Now I’m hoping that we take this trajectory (U19 -> U23 -> loan Serie B) serious and that Fagioli or whatever talented guy avoids the Spina treatment. After 3 or 4 years it’s about time that a former U23 player is going to add something to the first team. So high hopes for next year.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

You could say you're more likely to get hit by lightning than the probability of all our young players being more hit than miss.

Aug 2, 2005
He scored for the Italy U-19s against Germany in a 2-2 draw (U-19 Euro 2022 Elite Qualifying Group).

Anyone catch the game? How was his performance? How good are this Italy team?

https://ca.soccerway.com/matches/20...tion/italy-under-19/germany-under-19/3710068/
Allegri: "Let's leave him to develop in peace, as a coach, I have to protect him.

Reality: not good enough yet and can't take chances on him or any young player till they are 26 yrs old, does not fit our coach pragmatism.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)