Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (119 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
he is better than what we have, plain and simple

can he help this team, and improve our defense- you bet !!

that we didnt sign Rafinha, when we could have had him

Sergio, my friend, have you watched any other games this season ? Can you honestly tell me that our fullbacks are world class, and are capable of helping this team win a CL and/or scudetto ??

Can you see our guys hold up against a team like Manure, or even Arsenal for that matter. I will use a team closer to home- can you see our FB's neutralizing Inter's attack ?? I saw Inter play on saturday, and I am very concerned. They were better than I've ever seen them play in the past. Granted, Milan arent going to do that well this season with slowing legs of Ronaldinho, Pirlo and Gattuso, but tell me where Inters weakness lies ?? Where is the weakness in their starting lineup ??

I can tell you EXACTLY where ours is....and Canna or Chellini wont always be there to save their asses !!!
If you are talking about what we have seen the past 2 weeks, no, they are not world class. I never said they were. Is a Grosso/Zebina pairing, with a side of Sali at RB once in a while a lot better than what they have now? You bet.

Is this team a lot better than this time last year? There is no doubt about it.

That being siad though, is it unrealistic to think that a team can fix all of its problems/weaknesses in one mercato? Unless you have the spending budgets of Inter, or Barcelona, or Real Madrid, I think it is quite unrealistic.

So, if they get Grosso, then they have one weakness to whcih we can agree on, and it isn't really evena weakness, its just a mater of Zebina getting healthy again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
It would be useless to argue that he is not overpaid, am I right?

For me his price was fair, plus we bought him from our direct opposition, made them weaker and us stronger. I think it's great piece of bussines.

Maybe we are cheap about Grosso, but for me it's principle. We don't want to offer to much money for a player that Lyon desperatly wants to get rid. It would be like we asked 10mil. for Marchionni or Zanetti.
if Lyon dont agree a fee, and no other team wants him, then he stays...so I guess thay dont want rid of him so badly

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
If you are talking about what we have seen the past 2 weeks, no, they are not world class. I never said they were. Is a Grosso/Zebina pairing, with a side of Sali at RB once in a while a lot better than what they have now? You bet.

Is this team a lot better than this time last year? There is no doubt about it.

That being siad though, is it unrealistic to think that a team can fix all of its problems/weaknesses in one mercato? Unless you have the spending budgets of Inter, or Barcelona, or Real Madrid, I think it is quite unrealistic.

So, if they get Grosso, then they have one weakness to whcih we can agree on, and it isn't really evena weakness, its just a mater of Zebina getting healthy again.
Sali should join MULEinaro as groundskeepers at the stadium, if they cant manage to get a spot as the teams bus drivers

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
if Lyon dont agree a fee, and no other team wants him, then he stays...so I guess thay dont want rid of him so badly
But then he leaves for free next year, so it is in their best interest to try and recoup as much as they spent on him.
Also he wants to leave as it is World Cup year, and being a reserve LB, won't help his chances

Sep 30, 2006
i think it is over...i don't think the "president" of the club could show up and tell the media that our mercato is over and we are not signing any more players just to apply pressure on Lyon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)