Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Why? Grosso is a just 31 years old and he plays for the Italian national team and would go straight in to our starting eleven. 1 million here or there is nothing for a team like Juventus, pocket change really.

I don't get people like you and especially people talking about 1 million here or there.
Listen Florentino Perez, throwing 1 million euro down the drain is a stupid move for any business.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Why? Grosso is a just 31 years old and he plays for the Italian national team and would go straight in to our starting eleven. 1 million here or there is nothing for a team like Juventus, pocket change really.

I don't get people like you and especially people talking about 1 million here or there.
I was merely thinking about poor Secco and the way he'd deal with people like me who would curse him for overpaying for Grosso.

Oh but I just learned that 31 is a "just", playing for Italian NT where Marchionni, Pepe and Dossena are playing is such an advantage and stealing Molinaro and De Ceglie place in our team is such a difficult job.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Get him at what price? 3.5 mln (hell even 3 mln) is too much for him and it's not like he'd add as much to our team.
I meant getting him for lower than they are asking (lower than 3.5 mil). Oh and Grosso can do double time what De Ceglie and Molinaro can (combined). He is not that great, but he is good, and will probably be better when he plays next to the likes of Cannavaro, Chiellini regularly..

That's why i said "so far" :D

I like it how we're looking for our interest and we're not giving up easily. We're trying to lower the price as much as possible. We're saying that our mercato is closed, knowing that Lyon will do everything to get rid of Grosso, and we're waiting for them to call us and accept our offer.

Of course, if it's some 1m eur difference that will be decisive in not getting him, then it will be bad.
I mean, if we want the player and we're ready to pay 2 or 2.5m eur for him, it will make very little sense missing out on him just because we didn't want to pay 3m eur.

Finding a middle ground right now might be the best. If they want 3.5 and we offer 2.5 then we might meet at 3m so no-one will feel like a loser.
Alen these all are nothing but a comedy for me, no offense :D

I mean all this transfer saga for 1 million more or less? I really don't care if we get him for 4 million, as long as we get him I don't mind it at all. We need a fullback terribly.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Castagnini(head scout): "We're working on it."

- Could have Lyon's answer soon.

- There's a flight from Lyon to Turin with Grosso apparently.(my guess is that it's the flight to Florence for the NT though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)