Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2004
Cruello, Chiellini was Balzaretti's sub as a left back. Shut up.
In your pro evo soccer maybe. He had 17 games first season,after recovering from injury he was a regular starter under Capello. Next year the Balza warmed the bench for him or played the right back until he was sold to Fiorentina.

I just wanted to present my theory of providing the cheapest solution for this year LB problem. We'll see what Ciro will do.....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No, Cobolli is lying. We still ARE interested in getting Grosso.

Will we get him is another thing.

Lyon were playing hard ball because they thought sooner or later we'll accept to pay 3 or 3.5m eur.
But they obviously didn't expect us playing hard ball too.

Now here's the situation for Lyon:
- They want 3.5m eur
- Juve doesn't give more than 2m eur.
- 11 hours till transfer deadline.
- If they keep Grosso they will have to pay his very high wages (while he'll be nothing more but a bench warmer) and lose him next year for free.

So what's better? Sell him now for 2m eur or be stubborn and keep him?

If Grosso stays in Lyon both Juve and Lyon are losing. If Lyon sell Grosso to us for the money we're offering, both teams are winning.

Everyone knows what should be done. Now it's only a question of how big ego Lyon's directors have and is the well being of their team more important than their ego.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No, Cobolli is lying. We still ARE interested in getting Grosso.

Will we get him is another thing.

Lyon were playing hard ball because they thought sooner or later we'll accept to pay 3 or 3.5m eur.
But they obviously didn't expect us playing hard ball too.

Now here's the situation for Lyon:
- They want 3.5m eur
- Juve doesn't give more than 2m eur.
- 11 hours till transfer deadline.
- If they keep Grosso they will have to pay his very high wages (while he'll be nothing more but a bench warmer) and lose him next year for free.

So what's better? Sell him now for 2m eur or be stubborn and keep him?

If Grosso stays in Lyon both Juve and Lyon are losing. If Lyon sell Grosso to us for the money we're offering, both teams are winning.

Everyone knows what should be done. Now it's only a question of how big ego Lyon's directors have and is the well being of their team more important than their ego.

Given that it is Aulas we are dealing with, I will be extremely impressed if we get Grosso for less than 3m.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Spot on that.. Let's just hope Lyon see that keeping him is a bigger loss than letting him go for a little less. :xfinger:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we get him then yes, but If we don't then that's not good at all, as you said we will lose.
That's why i said "so far" :D

I like it how we're looking for our interest and we're not giving up easily. We're trying to lower the price as much as possible. We're saying that our mercato is closed, knowing that Lyon will do everything to get rid of Grosso, and we're waiting for them to call us and accept our offer.

Of course, if it's some 1m eur difference that will be decisive in not getting him, then it will be bad.
I mean, if we want the player and we're ready to pay 2 or 2.5m eur for him, it will make very little sense missing out on him just because we didn't want to pay 3m eur.

Finding a middle ground right now might be the best. If they want 3.5 and we offer 2.5 then we might meet at 3m so no-one will feel like a loser.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
he would add plenty lol, i like how were going about it though if what alen said is correct, really wont they be forced into selling him afterall if they dont sell him they will lose more.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Get him at what price? 3.5 mln (hell even 3 mln) is too much for him and it's not like he'd add as much to our team.
Why? Grosso is a just 31 years old and he plays for the Italian national team and would go straight in to our starting eleven. 1 million here or there is nothing for a team like Juventus, pocket change really.

I don't get people like you and especially people talking about 1 million here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)