Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (132 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why average? In Fiorentina he was among 2-3 best leftback's in the league and attracted an interests from some top sides. And was recalled by the Italian champions back to the team(after the co-ownership). He was also called in Italia NT that year(2004) after having a major role in u19 and u21 teams back then. All as a leftback....

Does this sounds AVERAGE to you?

Of course it does cuz back then either you didn't know what and who Juve is or Goal.com never existed. I offer facts you offer the classic Juventuz-thug "stupid conversation" excuse......
But I don't get it, if Diego played as a fullback a few years back, would you put him there? It's crazy, Chiellini means everything to our central defense and it would be stupid to move him away from there now when the defense are doing good.

Mar 14, 2004
oh c'mon don't start this "natural position thing" again..

Criscito was also supposed to be a CB and he was average, and look at him as LB in Genoa..

again: SKy Italia Sport package + Serie A/B option for 49,99€

Genoa plays 3-4-3 formation with no fullbacks. He played 2-3 games as left wingback when Mesto,Modesto or what ever the guy's name is was injured. The rest of the games he played in 3-man defense.

Mar 14, 2004
But I don't get it, if Diego played as a fullback a few years back, would you put him there? It's crazy, Chiellini means everything to our central defense and it would be stupid to move him away from there now when the defense are doing good.

Think about it man. I don't say he ISN'T a great central defender. He is. But the problem is.....we suck at LB position. We suck big time.

Is a Legro a worse option on CB than De Ceglie/Molinaro on left back?
Would we concede less goals with Legro in and Che on LB than Che playing a CB and those diamonds of football as leftbacks?

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Think about it man. I don't say he ISN'T a great central defender. He is. But the problem is.....we suck at LB position. We suck big time.

Is a Legro a worse option on CB than De Ceglie/Molinaro on left back?
Would we concede less goals with Legro in and Che on LB than Che playing a CB and those diamonds of football as leftbacks?
i agree with you... but you can't rely on him, imagine legro or canna get injured what you gonna do? Are you going to ask molinaro play CB cos he can't take Chiellini's place... Come on, Chiellini is our best CB moving him away it's stupidity!!!
it's like trading him with grosso cos Legro can play on his position!

Mar 14, 2004
i agree with you... but you can't rely on him, imagine legro or canna get injured what you gonna do? Are you going to ask molinaro play CB cos he can't take Chiellini's place... Come on, Chiellini is our best CB moving him away it's stupidity!!!
it's like trading him with grosso cos Legro can play on his position!
Man,every big team has a bit less quality backup for every position on the pitch. If some of Legro Canna gets injured,you can always put caceres in,or even more easier,ask Giorgio to play a center back again and let DC/Molinaro to enforce their football knowledge on the pitch again.... :D

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Man,every big team has a bit less quality backup for every position on the pitch. If some of Legro Canna gets injured,you can always put caceres in,or even more easier,ask Giorgio to play a center back again and let DC/Molinaro to enforce their football knowledge on the pitch again.... :D
listen, a good coach should try to get the best out of a player. So the best we can take from Chiellini is to play him as CB... Secco would be my hero if he brings Grosso in Juve... Otherwise we should wait for sali to recover... that's all... Only in emergencies Chiellini will play as LB, even though i know he can do a decent job there!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can see both sides of their arguments though. A lot of things would have to be weighed in order for that decision to be made for Chiellini to go to LB.

Putting him on the LB means you lose that complete dominance you get from his presence in the middle, that is something Legro can never give.

Maki Roll

May 22, 2009
I absolutely don't want him to play as a left back permanently, but maybe we should consider this option against special opponents, like Bayern. I definitely would feel more safe with him playing against Robben than Molinaro or De Ceglie.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Cobolli: "Mercato is closed"

LIAR!

:xfinger:
here's hoping !!:xfinger:

and anyone who would take Chellini out of the CB position must have been beaten up waaay too many times at the football stadium, and is punch-drunk....Cruello, are you listening ???

PieroKing

May 9, 2006
When we are FORCED to make changes in the central defence aganist Roma in a VERY important game to fix the LB problem, then we just must get Grosso or another quality LB for that matter!!! It cant go fast enough.

One day Secco.. just one day left!

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Just loan Grosso then if his price too expensive, and next season when he become older, we're not stuck with him like Milan stuck with a lot of old players, Criscito for next season or another LB

Sep 30, 2006
Just loan Grosso then if his price too expensive, and next season when he become older, we're not stuck with him like Milan stuck with a lot of old players, Criscito for next season or another LB
that would be a perfect solution :tup:

but nothing was mentioned about a loan..also i'm not sure about this Criscito issue..seems not to be that easy to get him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)