Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
nah, same thing we read here. Lyon want 4m, Juve offer 2+bonuses, they'll meet again and try to reach an agreement.

:beer:
They didn't beat us, as they beat real madrid and barca after that those teams overpay their players :p....
it'd would be too much 4 millions... Sali could do great job there in the worst case :)

OP
Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #1,086
    I have given this some thought, and I really don't think we should buy Grosso. No need for a panic purchase at this point in time. Let's wait until the Winter Mercato, and see where we stand in both the CL and Serie A, before deciding on what course of action to undertake. Perhaps better options will make themselves available to us, and we might not even need reinforcements in the FB department if DC and PC (even though I still consider him more of a CB) perform.

I fear that if Grosso does arrive, we might be stuck with him for a further 2-3 years, thus hampering the development of DC, eliminating all hope of reacquiring Criscito from Genoa, and potentially losing out on better options that might possibly be available at that time.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
    Nov 26, 2008
    I fear that if Grosso does arrive, we might be stuck with him for a further 2-3 years, thus hampering the development of DC, eliminating all hope of reacquiring Criscito from Genoa, and potentially losing out on better options that might possibly be available at that time.
    If Grosso does arrive, it will be great. but i don't think it will effect the development of DC at all, we are fighting for all 3 competitions, so there will be plenty of room for him to develop. "Eliminating all hope of reacquiring Criscito". not necessarily my friend. We will bring back Criscito and he will be first choice and grosso 2nd or 3rd, depending on DC of course.:agree: :beer:

kongen73

Jun 5, 2009
    Spot on! Very good comments, i´m with you on that one :mark:
    Look, I'll be the first to criticize Secco when he has screwed up. But I've said it once, and I will say it again. He was put in a very unenviable position when he was promoted to his current standing. Now, I understand that there are a lot of wanabe transfer managers who would say "What??? I would KILL to be the transfer manager of Juventus.", and you wouldn't be wrong in that belief.

However, with the dark cloud hanging over this franchise when the shit hit the fan (Much thanks to Moggi and crew for basically not having the faith in your players to win matches on your own, so you had to resort to bribing, and locking oficials in the locker room), there was no one out there, be it internally among the higher ups,or transfer guru's from other cloubs who were knocking down the doors to step up to the plate and take the reins.

Let me repeat that. NO ONE. Whether it was the transfer directors from Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria, Genoa, Fiorentina, or any other clubs both in and outside of Italy, nobody wanted the job. If there was someone more qualified at the time that truly had interest in the job, does anyone believe that the board wouldn't have taken them on? Wouldn't "a breath of fresh air" been the most welcome sight this team could have used at the time??

Of course it could have.

He got thrown to the wolves, and to expect him to come out like a champion in his first year or so, considering the little amount of experience he had, was to be quite blunt, foolhardy, to say the very least. These missteps were to be expected, and to those who thought that maybe that wasn't possible because he "learned at the feet of Moggi", you know what? I'M GLAD THAT HE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING FROM THAT FUCKING MAFIOSO WANNA BE CROOK!!!!!

I would rather deal with taking a longer path to restore the former glory of this franchise that I have loved since 1976, than to take take a quick fix routine, and basically cheat, intimidate, and extort in exchange for immediate gratification.

You know what I find absolutely hilarious. Every single move, every single quote of Secco's gets criticized, and automatically thrown into a negative light, yet I could spend hours on end talking about the numerous Moggi fuckups in the transfer market, yet no one is willing to acknowledge that that Don Moggi had more than his share of disastrous purchases, and his ridiculous quotes such as "We didn't buy Kaka because we thought he would play like his namesake", and people just brush it off and say "Oh that Luciano, he's such a card".

Wrong. He's such a fraud is what he is.

So, Secco refuses to give up 20 million plus Giovinco, PLUS Marchisio for D'Agostino, and some blubbering dunderheads on this forum balme him for "Ruining the relationship with Udine".

Secco goes out and gets Cannavaro, Melo, Diego, and Caceres, and most people say that it was "a good transfer campaign". Uh no. Listen to the pundits and they will tell you that it was a damn, damn good campaign, and its not even over yet.

And let's just forget about Amauri, Sissokko, Brazzo (on a free transfer no less), and the one person who truly saved our collective asses last season, Alex Manninger. Last I checked, they were all acquired under Secco's watch. You can talk about Almiron and Tiago as well as being questionable purchases, but no one is perfect in the transfer market, and far more greivous errors have been made in the last couple of years on other clubs (Quaresma, anyone???)

And let's not mention future players that he was able to practically steal from other clubs such as Ekdal and Iago, not to mention overseeing the infusion of younger players from the ranks. Younger players that under the previous regime would have been loaned out until they were 30 years old.

One more thing. As prestigious as Juventus is, the reality is that they do not have the type of money that an Inter, Real, Man U, or a Chelsea have. They work within their budgets, and I don't remember too many people complaining about how much they paid for Diego and Melo when they came here, so if they say that their budget is spent, then it most likely is. So don't use revisionist history when complaining that they are being too cheap now with the Fullback situation. Very, Very few people complained abou the price tag of those two when they were pruchased. Newsflash, it isn't YOUR money, anyway.

I'm as sick of the lack of objectivity as you are Jack. I really am. The absolute lack of patience from some people here in regards to a squad that was basically left for dead 3 years ago is beyond appalling.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    This will happen IMO, both sides might be set on their demands, but 4m, even if we have quite little left, is very doable price range for us, and I doubt we would totally dump Grosso for it, even if I totally get trying to go half that, due his age and salary. And its not really a player anyone else wants to sign, and they can really have around in the squad for much, paying his semi high salary to boot.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fabio Grosso is willing to cut his fee by almost half a million pounds to push through the transfer to Juventus.
    The club has been locked in negotiations with Olympique Lyonnais for several days and a deal was expected to be reached during Thursday’s Champions League draw.

The talks are still dragging on with Monday’s transfer deadline fast approaching, so it’s reported Grosso is taking matters into his own hands.

According to Tuttosport newspaper, the 2006 World Cup winner is prepared to cut £300,000 off his side of the deal in order to push the move through.

Lyon are demanding at least £3m, but Juventus won’t raise their offer above £1m plus a bonus tied to next season’s results that would take the total up to £2m.

Grosso hopes to make up the difference by leaving behind the £300,000 in bonuses he is owed by Lyon.

It would be a big boost for the Italian to return to Serie A and especially Juventus in a World Cup year, as he’d reunite with Azzurri teammates Gianluigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini and Fabio Cannavaro.

***Football Italia***

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)