Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (133 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I actually LOVE such posts, i rarely ever get any arguments to work with!!

- Bla bla bla, apart from the drama, i agree that Secco, was thrown to the wolves and it wasnt his fault!

But the part when you assume that no one wanted Secco's job, was totally wrong, this could be the case for the first year, but right after we were cleansed,
right after we demonstrated that we can still compete in serie and still have a loads of cash and prestige to work with.
Right after we ripped off all ties to the previous Juve, those managers would never ever have a problem to join us.
Because they knew what was really going on and because they knew that Moggi wasnt the only doing what he did.

We never even tried to tempt any of them to our side, not even foreigners, not even assistants. The ONLY reason because we didnt got any one else, is because WE didnt wanted it!! We trusted Secco of being one of us, some thing goes with the others that are still on helm. Dont expect us to believe that so many years after calciopoli, we still cant find a proper man for the job.

We have just demonstrated what i have been saying all along and this is why our problem was never dealt! They should be replaced asap, as soon as they proved their incompetence and we had the chance to upgrade!

-We are supposed to be a competitive club, we are supposed to compete with the best out there. This scandal brought far too many steps back, we cannot afford sidesteps or even worse backsteps.
There is absolutely no good reason, not to at least try do better than that!
There is a specific reason those specific pawns are tolerated on this specific positions! Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with their competence!

-For every line you may have on Moggi, others can write a book on Secco!!
Losing Kaka when he was nothing, is not nearly as bad as losing Mutu when we did. Overpaying for Vieira is not nearly as bad, as it overpaying for Tiago.
Mistakes are always bound to happen, but once in a while we expect a few good transfers too. Being in our darkest hours, spending the money we did and having an imperative team to be optimal to our decisions, demands far better results than the usual.
Since that was almost impossible, we should at least try to equal our previous efficiency. We have always have had less resources and political/media influence,
we could only cope with the best, only because of our exceptional management.
Thats why we were labeled a company. This is how the game is played.
Our political and our financial status has been enhanced and cant be enhanced!
All we can do, is to increase our managerial efficiency to the highest competitive levels.

-What exactly makes it damn good transfer campaign???
The names?? Doesnt the transfer campaign also include the names we lost?? (Criscito too)
Doesnt include the amount we have paid for those names?
Doesnt this transfer campaign includes our priorities? (fullbacks)
Or is it just about the fancy names, no matter what the cost???

-Secco's mistakes cost us 50mil (give or go)
Who is held responsible for that money?? It should all just go away like that??
Who is held responsible for Tiago locking our president on the toilet and then force us to pay his salary and bonuses??
Who is held responsible that we are forced to loan Almiron and pay a part of his salary too, until the day he is released and lose the last penny we paid for him?
Who he is held responsible that Genoa had a clause to keep Criscito and then buy his contract so cheap? When we are still struggling to find a half decent replacement until the last transfer day?

-They were not stolen but thrown away, for one player Secco got, he released 3 bargain chips first. We used to have a far large of players to gamble with, or at least loan and retain some short of influence between other serie A teams, just like the other big teams. One reason we were forced to release them was financial, but one more reasons is that Secco couldnt handle them, as he was losing money with almost any kind of transaction he was involved with...
It remains to be seen if this strategy will give us strategic advantage, or the other way around...

-Neither Secco's !!! It is the limited money our club had and with that we could have covered some wholes that really really hurt us!
Exactly because we dont have Real's money to spend, this is why we cant afford to overpay as they did and should be extra careful to our choices!
We have been pushed over from lesser clubs and players:cry:
Those money are a responsibility and if Secco is not able to take care of it, he should better quit!! Or at least stop boasting like an idiot...
We are not a playground for young managers, we cannot afford to lose by their mistakes.
Such experiments do multiple damage in our level, thats why such managers should be trained at smaller clubs, where their mistakes are a few millions less painful and the competitiveness level far more forgiving!
Today, that is practically no reason to take such a huge risk!
:yawn:

Buy on AliExpress.com

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
I would say quite alot. Would you?.
i'd say most of the teams feared us... I wish i could get liverpool or any english teams...

We could have done a lot better in first two years in serie A than we did. If we had bought better players than Ranieri and Secco bought... Molinaro is playing is fourth year for Juve and they still don't understand that he isn't Juve material, and you guys still praise secco that's insane!!!!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hardly any. That will be the same in the first knockouts if we don't impress a lot in the groups (score loads etc). Some think we're on par with teams like Everton.
Wow...Sal, I hope you don't think we are on par with Everton. We could score hardly any and concede next to none and that alone would make people afraid to play us because they know we are notoriously hard to score on (with the last few months of last season as the exception) :p
My eyes delude me at the tender age of 18. Sorry mate.
I hope your "other parts" don't delude you at such a young age:snoop:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
My point of contention is that a 21 year old De Silvestri, with plenty of room to improve, would have been a more viable solution to RB, and a cheaper alternative to other names being thrown out there without having to worry about all of this Non-EU bullshit.

Keep in mind. Lotito didn't want to get rid of him because he thought he wasn't good enough. He wanted to get rid of him because he saw him as a "dissident", and was desperate to do so.
totally agree....we need some fullbacks to be competitve this season, and if SUCKO doesnt do something in 3 days time, we could be in trouble

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I'm pleased with what we got this summer. This mercato exceeded my expectations, I was not expecting as much as we got. Grosso would be nice, Rafinha would be a dream. But if it ends with Caceres so be it, I have faith with what we have to do well this year.

It only means we will be having to make major reinforcements next year. Obviously we would need two new wingbacks, a new CB to replace Canna and a DP and perhaps a Trez replacement. That is going to be expensive. 4 maybe 5 new players I think we would need next year. Canna, Trez, and DP are aged and Zebina is getting older plus Grygera/Molinaro needs replaced.
Yes. I agree man. We going to need some replacements next summer. So Lets win the champions league and the schuetto, to get that extra cash to get those players.:beer: :bigscarf:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I just read that the supposed meeting never took place because it's being denied by both teams. Lyon claims their transfer campaign is done as does Juve. However there are all kinds of rumours spreading regarding this supposed meeting at the Grand Meridien in Monaco. Lyon want 4m while Juve are offering 2m. Grosso will earn 2.5m/year and if he arrives Molinaro could be sold to Napoli. Ciro wants an attacking LB that can make reasonable crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)