Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (107 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We're not owned by one magnat who can do whatever he wants and single handedly choose who to buy.

I don't think that Secco, or anyone else in Juve, is choosing the transfer targets alone.

There is a team, where the coach is included too, that decides who to buy, what's the maximum we can spend on that player, etc.

Secoo is the guy who should make that transfer happen. His job is to lower the price and to convince the clubs and the players to join us. Also, his job is to get as much more possible from the players we're selling

Now, you already criticised Secco for overpaying and selling cheaply. I won't get into this debate and i won't disagree with you.

But i do believe that you're wrong blaming Secco for buying Tiago, Poulsen, Almiron etc, because that surely wasn't his own decision. At least 3 more people made the decision to buy these players.
Yes, i know, its obvious and i ve been saying that for years, those people are just small pawns. Praising or bashing them is overrated, but since we dont know who really makes the calls, the responsibility falls upon the shoulders!
As it has been clearly proved DD and CR had very limited influence on those decision too! They were specifically chosen for that!

But even so, the small bits on Secco's hands cannot be ignored!
We buy expensive and sell cheap, considering the standard values.
We are abused by smaller teams and player contract and publicaly humiliated on the press repeatedly! All these could be simply avoided if our managers were competent and i doubt that they were ordered to do so.
The fault surely lies on their personal incompetence.
Of course the greatest fault lies on the ones who still keep them at their place!
They are the root of our problem!

Maybe when the Elkann takes over, we will see some drastic changes and make the next step forward!

DD and CR certainly didnt want Tiago+Almiron and Blanc openly disregarded one of those moves.
Gigli is simply to ignorant to make that call and Secco to small to choose by his on. But still. who's fault is for overpaying for them? Didnt Secco finalized the deals and details?
Didnt Secco signed the document that gave Genoa the right to keep Criscito? Or you think that evey last detail was dictated to him?

I think he had a short list with a priorities and a certain sum to spend...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well, then I was wrong about Baldini the Romanista. It happens sometimes.

I just don't buy nobody would want to go to Juve when people actually did. It's neither an argument that can be proven or should be used because it makes no sense.
Its 3 years ago, not 30 years ago, we KNOW virtually no one wanted the job at all, we were on the brink to the bottomless pit, and you were guilty by assocation just by having the name Juve uttered in your presence (just see how Mr Nice himself Lippi was HEAVILY marauded by the media). Baldini didnt decline because he is a Romanista (he just worked for Roma), but that he, like everyone else, thought it wasnt a good career move to go to Juve in that state, with the bad press and strenous sitaution, it wasnt really a good opportunity for ones CV.

And you say it doesnt make sense, just because it suits you now, but the Agnelli family and Fiat hierarchy was in total dissaray, the clubs future was as unsure as it gets, not just the black cat cat of the whole country but also coupled with infighting in the higher ups of the company. Generally confusing wtf sitaution. THEY DID TRY to hire real experienced football people to keep the club grounded. But ITS NOT ANY COINCIDENCE that those they eventually gave the job to is a Fiat office desk rat who had zero involvement with the footballing side (Gigli), a junior official within the club with little experience in Secco, AND, this is most important, that we had to go to the tennis world and france to find a capable administrative director, who had zero experience in football in before hand. I mean, isnt that in itself frigging obvious of how hard it was to find the kind of footie people with any decent rep, that would have been ideal? Baldini isnt some unreasonable anti-juventino who just said no because of some silly sentiment, he said speficially its not an ideal job sitaution to put it mildly, and it was the opinion of virtually most of the footballing figures around the country, our reputation was NONEXISTENT, or far far from anything positive, to give any incentives to hire the people one would want.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
great post Os :tup:

hell we STILL can't get the people one thinks would be great managers...we offered the Sampdoria manager the job in the offseason, and he rejected us

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
going back OT for a sec,

Lyon have lowered their demand to 4m €, Juve is at 2m € + bonuses.

Let's see how it goes from now till Monday's deadline.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I had only referred to events leading to the Zizou departure and lose of Scudetto.

It is late and bed awaits.
night!

going back OT for a sec,

Lyon have lowered their demand to 4m €, Juve is at 2m € + bonuses.

Let's see how it goes from now till Monday's deadline.
Give them what they want dammit. It's not like we are offering 20 million and they are asking 40 :lol:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its 3 years ago, not 30 years ago, we KNOW virtually no one wanted the job at all, we were on the brink to the bottomless pit, and you were guilty by assocation just by having the name Juve uttered in your presence (just see how Mr Nice himself Lippi was HEAVILY marauded by the media). Baldini didnt decline because he is a Romanista (he just worked for Roma), but that he, like everyone else, thought it wasnt a good career move to go to Juve in that state, with the bad press and strenous sitaution, it wasnt really a good opportunity for ones CV.

And you say it doesnt make sense, just because it suits you now, but the Agnelli family and Fiat hierarchy was in total dissaray, the clubs future was as unsure as it gets, not just the black cat cat of the whole country but also coupled with infighting in the higher ups of the company. Generally confusing wtf sitaution. THEY DID TRY to hire real experienced football people to keep the club grounded. But ITS NOT ANY COINCIDENCE that those they eventually gave the job to is a Fiat office desk rat who had zero involvement with the footballing side (Gigli), a junior official within the club with little experience in Secco, AND, this is most important, that we had to go to the tennis world and france to find a capable administrative director, who had zero experience in football in before hand. I mean, isnt that in itself frigging obvious of how hard it was to find the kind of footie people with any decent rep, that would have been ideal? Baldini isnt some unreasonable anti-juventino who just said no because of some silly sentiment, he said speficially its not an ideal job sitaution to put it mildly, and it was the opinion of virtually most of the footballing figures around the country, our reputation was NONEXISTENT, or far far from anything positive, to give any incentives to hire the people one would want.
That would be valid if they were at least trying to fix this now!
They didnt even try to fix not even just one of our issues.
We are now cleansed and competitive, if champions like Diego have no problem to join us, why would managers should??

The only reason was that our board wanted some certain pawns they could trust and obey them loyally and without hesitation. Like the have a dark secret to hide and avoiding risking at all costs!

Baldini new pretty well what was happening!
He knew that Serie A was never, isnt now and will never be completely clear.
He refused the position mostly because he hate us!
He has fought a lifetime against us! But between him and Secco, they are a whole load of options! Secco and this board were brought as temp solution in a crisis.
The crisis is over, the did horrible mistakes are far away from optimal.
Why are they still here?? No manager who will join us today will be accused of cheating, everybody knows how pitifully weak we are now!
But we still have the potential to give him a carrier that he would only dreamed off! Why would he deny that chance today?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I'm not saying it was something incredibly easy to do, and I certainly don't agree with you saying we were on our way to insolvency/Serie D/whatever. Fiat was never in that sort of trouble.

But perhaps you are right, even though it's impossible to prove thoroughly. The only thing I have a problem with is that we have to continue on with Secco despite our position in Serie A. What should have happened is that we should have given Secco the job for a year or two, then tried to find somebody else.

If people still don't want to join us now we have more problems than just a transfer manager. I thought that was what Jack was originally arguing.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Hopefully the deal doesn't collapse, we can't risk it!
I think it wont, we got 2m for CZ, and Secco wants to use that money for Grosso. I think he will try to lower Lyon demands as much as possible, its just the question of negotiations, Grosso wants to leave Lyon anyway, and since Lyon brought Cissokho, Grosso sell is pretty much inevitable. So if Lyon wont lower their demands on Monday, Secco will pay the asked sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)