Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (132 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I'm not saying that it is overwhelmingly positive, but at the end of the day, the way that this team has been constructed over the past 3 campaigns, I really like what this team is capable of, and to be honest, I didn't think they would be this good,this fast.
I don't think anybody did, to be honest with you.
Firoentina did! Flying from Serie C to A, and competing for CL all the time. That's super to their level. I had no doubt that Juve will come back this fast, Juve is much better than Fiorentina, has millions of fans around with a strong family running it. Sure credit goes to the board also, but not solely.

I would rather look at things on an even keel than go into one of those "OMG OH NOEZ TEH SKY IZ FALLING!!!!" type of rants.

I mean, where was everybody during the Ancellotti era? If a lot of people here are all doom and gloom now, you should have been here 10 years ago
:lol:

Was here by the way all the time, and was always cool, even at Ancelotti times, actually I was trying to convince everyone how good Acelotti is/was. :D

We were more broke than you can ever imagine. The 23 Million € were the direct outcome in the negative. Two seasons missing out on TV money from the CL other than prize money for a club that is used to have this income as part of the budget makes the 23 Million a lot more. Then you have the drop in the stock exchange, the reputation, the low pricing if your own players who were supposed to be shipped.

And you look today, we have a decent squad and our books are not in the red. Do you want to be in debt like Milan are? We can't afford that, just like Fiorentina, we will be sent to Serie C for bankrupcy. Why? because we are a fragile club that has recently been tarnished by Italian law. And guess what, we're still in Italy.

For me it is more than opinion actually, facts show that the board has done positives that outwiegh the negatives.
I know Jack I know, but you didn't catch what I tried to say, will tell you again, we could afford money to get Tiago, Poulsen, Amauri, we did, but we wasted it one these three players. I am just saying, with that money, we could do a better job. Specially at tough times like that. I am not criticizing them for not having more money, but about the money that we wasted!

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you could go back in time and opt not to hire one of Secco or Ranieri, which one would it be? Hypothetical question.
That is actually a tougher question than you would think.

On one hand, you have a very inexperienced director being thrown into the fire under a lot of pressure, while on the other hand, you have a coach who took the reigns at some large clubs and didn't accomplish very much.

Knowing what I know now, I would take Secco.

However, back then?? I really can't say, as they were both huge risks at the time

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Firoentina did! Flying from Serie C to A, and competing for CL all the time. That's super to their level. I had no doubt that Juve will come back this fast, Juve is much better than Fiorentina, has millions of fans around with a strong family running it. Sure credit goes to the board also, but not solely.

:lol:

Was here by the way all the time, and was always cool, even at Ancelotti times, actually I was trying to convince everyone how good Acelotti is/was. :D

I know Jack I know, but you didn't catch what I tried to say, will tell you again, we could afford money to get Tiago, Poulsen, Amauri, we did, but we wasted it one these three players. I am just saying, with that money, we could do a better job. Specially at tough times like that. I am not criticizing them for not having more money, but about the money that we wasted!

Here is what I think is the philosophical difference between the two situations.

Although Fiorentina were relegated to Serie C, they were/are funded by presidents who had money to spend, and were able to far outspend their competitors in Serie C and Serie B in order to make their meteoric rise to Serie A. Therefore, one could say that their ascent was actually easier since they had so much more money to spend than their nearest competitors in order to get back to Serie A.

Juve's situation, I feel was a little different. Yes, they had a vastly superior squad to anyone in Serie B, but they were operating under budgets that at the time, were a result of a very large tv contract, and untold millions from champions league revenue. Revenue that they suddenly lost. So, although they breezed throught Serie B, they were faced with being a "Large Club" that now had to operate on a small budget, all the while facing the expectations of some that they should automatically get themselves back into Serie A and Champions League contention in a relatively quick period of time, which for all intents and purposes, they have.

So, given what the expectations are of the two clubs, one that is "looking to compete", and one that is "expected to compete, and possibly win trophies", the road that Juventus has travelled in that same time has been more difficult.

That is just my opinion

Sep 1, 2002
I am not blaming them entirely Zozou's sale, sure I was pissed off, maybe we could keep him, but I am more angry on the money we spent after him, If I am not mistaken Zizou cost around 65 Million euros (maybe ten mil more?), but those three cost more, 100-120 mil? I wouldn't call that negotiating skills!

Even with the ugly image Moggi brought in to the club (before the calciopoli), his arguments with the other clubs' directors on tv, and some of those bad spending, I would have appreciated him forever for what he has done to the club, if he was clean. But no, all he done to this club means nothing to me after bringing the ugliest shame to Juve, to put this club in a situation like this. I will never ever forgive him for that. This shame will be remembered for decades, or even forever. How could I support him??
There are many pertinent points you made, and the one the rings through my head like the chimes at midnight is: how is it that as soon as Zizou was sold Money, way in excess of the fee recieved, was found to buy new players?
Carlo had been desperate for players, as any fan could see.

It still can upset me that the management (Moggi included) never truely believed in Carlo.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And I am not denying these mistakes, all I am saying is that the correct things cover for them and give a positive outcome. And the outcome is visible, right in front of you. I agree it could have been better but still it doesn't deserve the bashing. Look at Cronios' posts closely man. It's like the sky is falling.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
When some people suddenly come down from wonderland and see crude reality,
they cant accept it and do feel like the sky is falling to their heads.
Very few have the courage to look straight into the situation and accept it as it is!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
When some people suddenly come down from wonderland and see crude reality,
they cant accept it and do feel like the sky is falling to their heads.
Very few have the courage to look straight into the situation and accept it as it is!
And the crude reality is what, Cronios.

That this team has the potential to challenge for multiple trophies this year?

If that is the case, then I will enjoy my crude reality, thank you very much

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
And the crude reality is what, Cronios.

That this team has the potential to challenge for multiple trophies this year?

If that is the case, then I will enjoy my crude reality, thank you very much
No, the crude reality is that we have spent enough, to field a competitive squad, by now.
However we dont, the money we spent was misused, we are not a balanced team, we did far too many sidesteps and backsteps, we were forced to pay 3-4 times, a large part of our transfer budget to fix the same position/issue,(CM/DM) rather than find a permanent solution for it,
whilst ignoring positions, we were and still are completely naked (fullbacks)

The options we made tied our hands and still dictating the choices we made and will make in the future. (for ex, we wanted to get rid of Poulsen or Tiago and probably replace him with a defender or smth, but we were forced to offload CZ)

that life is actually just black?
Of course not, no reason to overreact/ exagerate/ generalize.
Just because Secco sucks, it doesnt mean we are going in serie B
We may have less chances and close the gap slower and less efficiently,
but we still have chances!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Here is what I think is the philosophical difference between the two situations.

Although Fiorentina were relegated to Serie C, they were/are funded by presidents who had money to spend, and were able to far outspend their competitors in Serie C and Serie B in order to make their meteoric rise to Serie A. Therefore, one could say that their ascent was actually easier since they had so much more money to spend than their nearest competitors in order to get back to Serie A.

Juve's situation, I feel was a little different. Yes, they had a vastly superior squad to anyone in Serie B, but they were operating under budgets that at the time, were a result of a very large tv contract, and untold millions from champions league revenue. Revenue that they suddenly lost. So, although they breezed throught Serie B, they were faced with being a "Large Club" that now had to operate on a small budget, all the while facing the expectations of some that they should automatically get themselves back into Serie A and Champions League contention in a relatively quick period of time, which for all intents and purposes, they have.

So, given what the expectations are of the two clubs, one that is "looking to compete", and one that is "expected to compete, and possibly win trophies", the road that Juventus has travelled in that same time has been more difficult.

That is just my opinion
I will say they were equally hard, I mean if we had win the league, I would have agreed with you totally. Fiorentina didn't have a serie A squad when they were promoted, but brought in loads of quality players and build the appropriate squad to compete for the CL spot (That's what Fiorentina is about no? to win that spot) and they made it very fast, and the good thing for them, they are still in a good financial statue, and still have competitive squad and playing in serie A! That's not a thing to underrate. We had Serie A squad in Serie B, with champions and more than a decent players. Anyway, I don't disagree much here with you.

There are many pertinent points you made, and the one the rings through my head like the chimes at midnight is: how is it that as soon as Zizou was sold Money, way in excess of the fee recieved, was found to buy new players?
Carlo had been desperate for players, as any fan could see.

It still can upset me that the management (Moggi included) never truely believed in Carlo.
Man I am not saying we didn't need players, all I am saying we overpaid them, and not couple of millions, but maybe even the double of their worth. I mean maybe Moggi couldn't believe the money he got for Zizou, and for that he went nuts in the market, that's how I see his action. 120 Million!!

Yeah I hate that too about Ancelotti's departure, he was unlucky but looked very promising.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You know what would be the absolute worst thing that could happen??

If at the end of the day........................................................

Cronios was right all along :D

I love you man. You need to post in the PS3 thread more often

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The likes of Franco Baldini come to mind. I mean, there are a lot of people out there who have more experience than Secco, and I'm sure they would love to work for Juventus.
Funny you would mention Baldini, because WE DID try to hire him after Calciopoli and he was vehemently against going anywhere near Juve, especially in that state (spefically said its a bad place to go in those circumstances), anyone who has better job options would be reluctant, but confirmed that Baldini refused. Its not like Secco was hired as first choice, even if he was someone who was groomed for the role in beforehand.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
And I am not denying these mistakes, all I am saying is that the correct things cover for them and give a positive outcome. And the outcome is visible, right in front of you. I agree it could have been better but still it doesn't deserve the bashing. Look at Cronios' posts closely man. It's like the sky is falling.
I will wait and see if we will get a decent fullback (it's not a small detail, it can ruin the whole season, this is our main problem and the whole world knows it including the board). If we did, then the board will deserve the praise. If they can't, I will still not trust them, because they can't blame it to financing or anything else, after all we have spent around 50 million on two midfielders, I mean we should have saved at least ten millions for our main problem! no? I hope they bring a good fullback, to make this good campaign great!

Anyway, I have to pick up some alchohol for a bachelor party tomorrow.

It was good debating with all of you.

I'll be back later
Yup! same here! :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)