Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
My point of concern, snoop, is that Moggi seemed to get a free pass with every terrible transfer, (and there were numerous), and terrible quote (even more numerous), while secco and company get raked over the coals for everything that doesn't go their way.
Moggi thing is so true! I was one of the rare members who criticized him back then. 2001 for example, was a major disappointment for me, at the time when everyone went nuts of happiness. The money We spent then on Thuram, Nedved, even Buffon was very crazy. I know at those specific years transfer fees were crazy, but still we overpaid those players, a lot! Not to mention the worthless players we brought, for example Olivera for the same amount of money Milan bought Kaka. Esnaider, selling Henry etc.. Moggi's fights with Sensi etc not to mention the way he treated Fiorentina and the rest. All of these brought shame to the club.

But I hate it when people use these to defend or praise Secco. I say we should get over that scumbag Moggi, and should only judge this board for their skills and actions. Move by move, I look at it objectively too, I criticized him a lot the past two seasons (Starting from the Deschampes' exit), but also praised him for the Manninger deal and Sissoko and the likes, this year I only criticized him (when I say "him" I don't mean only Secco, but the rest of the board too) for Zanetti's transfer, but the rest were all good for me. Credits should be given!

Oh and I kept on saying Fuck Secco because it sounded funny too, I am sure non took it seriously :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Look, I'll be the first to criticize Secco when he has screwed up. But I've said it once, and I will say it again. He was put in a very unenviable position when he was promoted to his current standing. Now, I understand that there are a lot of wanabe transfer managers who would say "What??? I would KILL to be the transfer manager of Juventus.", and you wouldn't be wrong in that belief.

However, with the dark cloud hanging over this franchise when the shit hit the fan (Much thanks to Moggi and crew for basically not having the faith in your players to win matches on your own, so you had to resort to bribing, and locking oficials in the locker room), there was no one out there, be it internally among the higher ups,or transfer guru's from other cloubs who were knocking down the doors to step up to the plate and take the reins.

Let me repeat that. NO ONE. Whether it was the transfer directors from Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria, Genoa, Fiorentina, or any other clubs both in and outside of Italy, nobody wanted the job. If there was someone more qualified at the time that truly had interest in the job, does anyone believe that the board wouldn't have taken them on? Wouldn't "a breath of fresh air" been the most welcome sight this team could have used at the time??

Of course it could have.

He got thrown to the wolves, and to expect him to come out like a champion in his first year or so, considering the little amount of experience he had, was to be quite blunt, foolhardy, to say the very least. These missteps were to be expected, and to those who thought that maybe that wasn't possible because he "learned at the feet of Moggi", you know what? I'M GLAD THAT HE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING FROM THAT FUCKING MAFIOSO WANNA BE CROOK!!!!!

I would rather deal with taking a longer path to restore the former glory of this franchise that I have loved since 1976, than to take take a quick fix routine, and basically cheat, intimidate, and extort in exchange for immediate gratification.

You know what I find absolutely hilarious. Every single move, every single quote of Secco's gets criticized, and automatically thrown into a negative light, yet I could spend hours on end talking about the numerous Moggi fuckups in the transfer market, yet no one is willing to acknowledge that that Don Moggi had more than his share of disastrous purchases, and his ridiculous quotes such as "We didn't buy Kaka because we thought he would play like his namesake", and people just brush it off and say "Oh that Luciano, he's such a card".

Wrong. He's such a fraud is what he is.

So, Secco refuses to give up 20 million plus Giovinco, PLUS Marchisio for D'Agostino, and some blubbering dunderheads on this forum balme him for "Ruining the relationship with Udine".

Secco goes out and gets Cannavaro, Melo, Diego, and Caceres, and most people say that it was "a good transfer campaign". Uh no. Listen to the pundits and they will tell you that it was a damn, damn good campaign, and its not even over yet.

And let's just forget about Amauri, Sissokko, Brazzo (on a free transfer no less), and the one person who truly saved our collective asses last season, Alex Manninger. Last I checked, they were all acquired under Secco's watch. You can talk about Almiron and Tiago as well as being questionable purchases, but no one is perfect in the transfer market, and far more greivous errors have been made in the last couple of years on other clubs (Quaresma, anyone???)

And let's not mention future players that he was able to practically steal from other clubs such as Ekdal and Iago, not to mention overseeing the infusion of younger players from the ranks. Younger players that under the previous regime would have been loaned out until they were 30 years old.

One more thing. As prestigious as Juventus is, the reality is that they do not have the type of money that an Inter, Real, Man U, or a Chelsea have. They work within their budgets, and I don't remember too many people complaining about how much they paid for Diego and Melo when they came here, so if they say that their budget is spent, then it most likely is. So don't use revisionist history when complaining that they are being too cheap now with the Fullback situation. Very, Very few people complained abou the price tag of those two when they were pruchased. Newsflash, it isn't YOUR money, anyway.

I'm as sick of the lack of objectivity as you are Jack. I really am. The absolute lack of patience from some people here in regards to a squad that was basically left for dead 3 years ago is beyond appalling.
This is how you should write long posts.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Moggi thing is so true! I was one of the rare members who criticized him back then. 2001 for example, was a major disappointment for me, at the time when everyone went nuts of happiness. The money We spent then on Thuram, Nedved, even Buffon was very crazy. I know at those specific years transfer fees were crazy, but still we overpaid those players, a lot! Not to mention the worthless players we brought, for example Olivera for the same amount of money Milan bought Kaka. Esnaider, selling Henry etc.. Moggi's fights with Sensi etc not to mention the way he treated Fiorentina and the rest. All of these brought shame to the club.

But I hate it when people use these to defend or praise Secco. I say we should get over that scumbag Moggi, and should only judge this board for their skills and actions. Move by move, I look at it objectively too, I criticized him a lot the past two seasons (Starting from the Deschampes' exit), but also praised him for the Manninger deal and Sissoko and the likes, this year I only criticized him (when I say "him" I don't mean only Secco, but the rest of the board too) for Zanetti's transfer, but the rest were all good for me. Credits should be given!

Oh and I kept on saying Fuck Secco because it sounded funny too, I am sure non took it seriously :D
I base my opinion on Secco's work solely on what he and this board has accomplished in the last 3 years, and to me, the positives outweigh the negatives. And they are doing it with a much smaller budget than before. Only now are they really able to open up the purse strings to really spend some serious money.

And once that new stadium opens (Which, by the way, the new regime deserve a lot of credit for), their financial situation is going to be so much better than before. Provided that they spend prudently, we, as supporters, should never have to worry about selling star players in order to "balance the books" ever again.

And if for some reason that secco is replaced, for as much criticism as he gets, he would also deserve a round of appluase for at least setting the foundation of the new Juventus of the next 5-7 years while he was here.

Sep 1, 2002

I too was saddened when Zizou was sold; even though the bought aquired bought the above mentioned, and Olivera was/is dire, but

Forza Moggi

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I base my opinion on Secco's work solely on what he and this board has accomplished in the last 3 years, and to me, the positives outweigh the negatives. And they are doing it with a much smaller budget than before. Only now are they really able to open up the purse strings to really spend some serious money.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I see the negatives outweigh the positives for the past two seasons. I mean we were not that broke were we? Amauri for 23 Million Euros, Tiago for over 10? Poulsen for 10 Mil. We could spend it wisely in other areas, I mean we had the opportunity. There is no point to discuss these over and over again, at least we both agree now that this season they are much better than the past, and we both appreciate it!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I see the negatives outweigh the positives for the past two seasons. I mean we were not that broke were we? Amauri for 23 Million Euros, Tiago for over 10? Poulsen for 10 Mil. We could spend it wisely in other areas, I mean we had the opportunity. There is no point to discuss these over and over again, at least we both agree now that this season they are much better than the past, and we both appreciate it!

I'm not saying that it is overwhelmingly positive, but at the end of the day, the way that this team has been constructed over the past 3 campaigns, I really like what this team is capable of, and to be honest, I didn't think they would be this good,this fast.

I don't think anybody did, to be honest with you.

I would rather look at things on an even keel than go into one of those "OMG OH NOEZ TEH SKY IZ FALLING!!!!" type of rants.

I mean, where was everybody during the Ancellotti era? If a lot of people here are all doom and gloom now, you should have been here 10 years ago

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We were more broke than you can ever imagine. The 23 Million € were the direct outcome in the negative. Two seasons missing out on TV money from the CL other than prize money for a club that is used to have this income as part of the budget makes the 23 Million a lot more. Then you have the drop in the stock exchange, the reputation, the low pricing if your own players who were supposed to be shipped.

And you look today, we have a decent squad and our books are not in the red. Do you want to be in debt like Milan are? We can't afford that, just like Fiorentina, we will be sent to Serie C for bankrupcy. Why? because we are a fragile club that has recently been tarnished by Italian law. And guess what, we're still in Italy.

For me it is more than opinion actually, facts show that the board has done positives that outwiegh the negatives.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I too was saddened when Zizou was sold; even though the bought aquired bought the above mentioned, and Olivera was/is dire, but

Forza Moggi
I am not blaming them entirely Zozou's sale, sure I was pissed off, maybe we could keep him, but I am more angry on the money we spent after him, If I am not mistaken Zizou cost around 65 Million euros (maybe ten mil more?), but those three cost more, 100-120 mil? I wouldn't call that negotiating skills!

Even with the ugly image Moggi brought in to the club (before the calciopoli), his arguments with the other clubs' directors on tv, and some of those bad spending, I would have appreciated him forever for what he has done to the club, if he was clean. But no, all he done to this club means nothing to me after bringing the ugliest shame to Juve, to put this club in a situation like this. I will never ever forgive him for that. This shame will be remembered for decades, or even forever. How could I support him??

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am not blaming them entirely Zozou's sale, sure I was pissed off, maybe we could keep him, but I am more angry on the money we spent after him, If I am not mistaken Zizou cost around 65 Million euros (maybe ten mil more?), but those three cost more, 100-120 mil? I wouldn't call that negotiating skills!

Even with the ugly image Moggi brought in to the club (before the calciopoli), his arguments with the other clubs' directors on tv, and some of those bad spending, I would have appreciated him forever for what he has done to the club, if he was clean. But no, all he done to this club means nothing to me after bringing the ugliest shame to Juve, to put this club in a situation like this. I will never ever forgive him for that. This shame will be remembered for decades, or even forever. How could I support him??
WORD

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We were more broke than you can ever imagine. The 23 Million € were the direct outcome in the negative. Two seasons missing out on TV money from the CL other than prize money for a club that is used to have this income as part of the budget makes the 23 Million a lot more. Then you have the drop in the stock exchange, the reputation, the low pricing if your own players who were supposed to be shipped.

And you look today, we have a decent squad and our books are not in the red. Do you want to be in debt like Milan are? We can't afford that, just like Fiorentina, we will be sent to Serie C for bankrupcy. Why? because we are a fragile club that has recently been tarnished by Italian law. And guess what, we're still in Italy.

For me it is more than opinion actually, facts show that the board has done positives that outwiegh the negatives.
I don't think that's his point, Jack.

I'm not one to speak for Snoop, or anybody for that matter, but I think what he is trying to say is that for the money that they DID have, they could have spent it better.

then again, you're under a situation where if the coach wants somebody, you go out and get him.

Therefore, if you blame Ranieri in part for what happened during those last couple of years, (Amauri, Sissoko,Manninger, nonwithstanding), then partial credit should be given to Ferrara as well for this transfer campaign.

Then again, I've always been of the saying that the Coaches coach, and the Directors direct. No one should have total autonomy

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think that's his point, Jack.

I'm not one to speak for Snoop, or anybody for that matter, but I think what he is trying to say is that for the money that they DID have, they could have spent it better.

then again, you're under a situation where if the coach wants somebody, you go out and get him.

Therefore, if you blame Ranieri in part for what happened during those last couple of years, (Amauri, Sissoko,Manninger, nonwithstanding), then partial credit should be given to Ferrara as well for this transfer campaign.

Then again, I've always been of the saying that the Coaches coach, and the Directors direct. No one should have total autonomy
But that's only because they are inexperienced and they were probably the only ones available and still they did a decent job.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I wonder if Cron has the balls to read this entire post. Well said chief.
I actually LOVE such posts, i rarely ever get any arguments to work with!!
-Look, I'll be the first to criticize Secco when he has screwed up. But I've said it once, and I will say it again. He was put in a very unenviable position when he was promoted to his current standing. Now, I understand that there are a lot of wanabe transfer managers who would say "What??? I would KILL to be the transfer manager of Juventus.", and you wouldn't be wrong in that belief.

However, with the dark cloud hanging over this franchise when the shit hit the fan (Much thanks to Moggi and crew for basically not having the faith in your players to win matches on your own, so you had to resort to bribing, and locking oficials in the locker room), there was no one out there, be it internally among the higher ups,or transfer guru's from other cloubs who were knocking down the doors to step up to the plate and take the reins.

Let me repeat that. NO ONE. Whether it was the transfer directors from Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria, Genoa, Fiorentina, or any other clubs both in and outside of Italy, nobody wanted the job. If there was someone more qualified at the time that truly had interest in the job, does anyone believe that the board wouldn't have taken them on? Wouldn't "a breath of fresh air" been the most welcome sight this team could have used at the time??

Of course it could have.

He got thrown to the wolves, and to expect him to come out like a champion in his first year or so, considering the little amount of experience he had, was to be quite blunt, foolhardy, to say the very least. These missteps were to be expected, and to those who thought that maybe that wasn't possible because he "learned at the feet of Moggi", you know what? I'M GLAD THAT HE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING FROM THAT FUCKING MAFIOSO WANNA BE CROOK!!!!!

-I would rather deal with taking a longer path to restore the former glory of this franchise that I have loved since 1976, than to take take a quick fix routine, and basically cheat, intimidate, and extort in exchange for immediate gratification.

-You know what I find absolutely hilarious. Every single move, every single quote of Secco's gets criticized, and automatically thrown into a negative light, yet I could spend hours on end talking about the numerous Moggi fuckups in the transfer market, yet no one is willing to acknowledge that that Don Moggi had more than his share of disastrous purchases, and his ridiculous quotes such as "We didn't buy Kaka because we thought he would play like his namesake", and people just brush it off and say "Oh that Luciano, he's such a card".

Wrong. He's such a fraud is what he is.

So, Secco refuses to give up 20 million plus Giovinco, PLUS Marchisio for D'Agostino, and some blubbering dunderheads on this forum balme him for "Ruining the relationship with Udine".

-Secco goes out and gets Cannavaro, Melo, Diego, and Caceres, and most people say that it was "a good transfer campaign". Uh no. Listen to the pundits and they will tell you that it was a damn, damn good campaign, and its not even over yet.

-And let's just forget about Amauri, Sissokko, Brazzo (on a free transfer no less), and the one person who truly saved our collective asses last season, Alex Manninger. Last I checked, they were all acquired under Secco's watch. You can talk about Almiron and Tiago as well as being questionable purchases, but no one is perfect in the transfer market, and far more greivous errors have been made in the last couple of years on other clubs (Quaresma, anyone???)

-And let's not mention future players that he was able to practically steal from other clubs such as Ekdal and Iago, not to mention overseeing the infusion of younger players from the ranks. Younger players that under the previous regime would have been loaned out until they were 30 years old.

-One more thing. As prestigious as Juventus is, the reality is that they do not have the type of money that an Inter, Real, Man U, or a Chelsea have. They work within their budgets, and I don't remember too many people complaining about how much they paid for Diego and Melo when they came here, so if they say that their budget is spent, then it most likely is. So don't use revisionist history when complaining that they are being too cheap now with the Fullback situation. Very, Very few people complained abou the price tag of those two when they were pruchased. Newsflash, it isn't YOUR money, anyway.

I'm as sick of the lack of objectivity as you are Jack. I really am. The absolute lack of patience from some people here in regards to a squad that was basically left for dead 3 years ago is beyond appalling.
- Bla bla bla, apart from the drama, i agree that Secco, was thrown to the wolves and it wasnt his fault!

But the part when you assume that no one wanted Secco's job, was totally wrong, this could be the case for the first year, but right after we were cleansed,
right after we demonstrated that we can still compete in serie and still have a loads of cash and prestige to work with.
Right after we ripped off all ties to the previous Juve, those managers would never ever have a problem to join us.
Because they knew what was really going on and because they knew that Moggi wasnt the only doing what he did.

We never even tried to tempt any of them to our side, not even foreigners, not even assistants. The ONLY reason because we didnt got any one else, is because WE didnt wanted it!! We trusted Secco of being one of us, some thing goes with the others that are still on helm. Dont expect us to believe that so many years after calciopoli, we still cant find a proper man for the job.

We have just demonstrated what i have been saying all along and this is why our problem was never dealt! They should be replaced asap, as soon as they proved their incompetence and we had the chance to upgrade!

-We are supposed to be a competitive club, we are supposed to compete with the best out there. This scandal brought far too many steps back, we cannot afford sidesteps or even worse backsteps.
There is absolutely no good reason, not to at least try do better than that!
There is a specific reason those specific pawns are tolerated on this specific positions! Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with their competence!

-For every line you may have on Moggi, others can write a book on Secco!!
Losing Kaka when he was nothing, is not nearly as bad as losing Mutu when we did. Overpaying for Vieira is not nearly as bad, as it overpaying for Tiago.
Mistakes are always bound to happen, but once in a while we expect a few good transfers too. Being in our darkest hours, spending the money we did and having an imperative team to be optimal to our decisions, demands far better results than the usual.
Since that was almost impossible, we should at least try to equal our previous efficiency. We have always have had less resources and political/media influence,
we could only cope with the best, only because of our exceptional management.
Thats why we were labeled a company. This is how the game is played.
Our political and our financial status has been enhanced and cant be enhanced!
All we can do, is to increase our managerial efficiency to the highest competitive levels.

-What exactly makes it damn good transfer campaign???
The names?? Doesnt the transfer campaign also include the names we lost?? (Criscito too)
Doesnt include the amount we have paid for those names?
Doesnt this transfer campaign includes our priorities? (fullbacks)
Or is it just about the fancy names, no matter what the cost???

-Secco's mistakes cost us 50mil (give or go)
Who is held responsible for that money?? It should all just go away like that??
Who is held responsible for Tiago locking our president on the toilet and then force us to pay his salary and bonuses??
Who is held responsible that we are forced to loan Almiron and pay a part of his salary too, until the day he is released and lose the last penny we paid for him?
Who he is held responsible that Genoa had a clause to keep Criscito and then buy his contract so cheap? When we are still struggling to find a half decent replacement until the last transfer day?

-They were not stolen but thrown away, for one player Secco got, he released 3 bargain chips first. We used to have a far large of players to gamble with, or at least loan and retain some short of influence between other serie A teams, just like the other big teams. One reason we were forced to release them was financial, but one more reasons is that Secco couldnt handle them, as he was losing money with almost any kind of transaction he was involved with...
It remains to be seen if this strategy will give us strategic advantage, or the other way around...

-Neither Secco's !!! It is the limited money our club had and with that we could have covered some wholes that really really hurt us!
Exactly because we dont have Real's money to spend, this is why we cant afford to overpay as they did and should be extra careful to our choices!
We have been pushed over from lesser clubs and players:cry:
Those money are a responsibility and if Secco is not able to take care of it, he should better quit!! Or at least stop boasting like an idiot...
We are not a playground for young managers, we cannot afford to lose by their mistakes.
Such experiments do multiple damage in our level, thats why such managers should be trained at smaller clubs, where their mistakes are a few millions less painful and the competitiveness level far more forgiving!
Today, that is practically no reason to take such a huge risk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)