Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (81 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Look, I'll be the first to criticize Secco when he has screwed up. But I've said it once, and I will say it again. He was put in a very unenviable position when he was promoted to his current standing. Now, I understand that there are a lot of wanabe transfer managers who would say "What??? I would KILL to be the transfer manager of Juventus.", and you wouldn't be wrong in that belief.

However, with the dark cloud hanging over this franchise when the shit hit the fan (Much thanks to Moggi and crew for basically not having the faith in your players to win matches on your own, so you had to resort to bribing, and locking oficials in the locker room), there was no one out there, be it internally among the higher ups,or transfer guru's from other cloubs who were knocking down the doors to step up to the plate and take the reins.

Let me repeat that. NO ONE. Whether it was the transfer directors from Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria, Genoa, Fiorentina, or any other clubs both in and outside of Italy, nobody wanted the job. If there was someone more qualified at the time that truly had interest in the job, does anyone believe that the board wouldn't have taken them on? Wouldn't "a breath of fresh air" been the most welcome sight this team could have used at the time??

Of course it could have.

He got thrown to the wolves, and to expect him to come out like a champion in his first year or so, considering the little amount of experience he had, was to be quite blunt, foolhardy, to say the very least. These missteps were to be expected, and to those who thought that maybe that wasn't possible because he "learned at the feet of Moggi", you know what? I'M GLAD THAT HE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING FROM THAT FUCKING MAFIOSO WANNA BE CROOK!!!!!

I would rather deal with taking a longer path to restore the former glory of this franchise that I have loved since 1976, than to take take a quick fix routine, and basically cheat, intimidate, and extort in exchange for immediate gratification.

You know what I find absolutely hilarious. Every single move, every single quote of Secco's gets criticized, and automatically thrown into a negative light, yet I could spend hours on end talking about the numerous Moggi fuckups in the transfer market, yet no one is willing to acknowledge that that Don Moggi had more than his share of disastrous purchases, and his ridiculous quotes such as "We didn't buy Kaka because we thought he would play like his namesake", and people just brush it off and say "Oh that Luciano, he's such a card".

Wrong. He's such a fraud is what he is.

So, Secco refuses to give up 20 million plus Giovinco, PLUS Marchisio for D'Agostino, and some blubbering dunderheads on this forum balme him for "Ruining the relationship with Udine".

Secco goes out and gets Cannavaro, Melo, Diego, and Caceres, and most people say that it was "a good transfer campaign". Uh no. Listen to the pundits and they will tell you that it was a damn, damn good campaign, and its not even over yet.

And let's just forget about Amauri, Sissokko, Brazzo (on a free transfer no less), and the one person who truly saved our collective asses last season, Alex Manninger. Last I checked, they were all acquired under Secco's watch. You can talk about Almiron and Tiago as well as being questionable purchases, but no one is perfect in the transfer market, and far more greivous errors have been made in the last couple of years on other clubs (Quaresma, anyone???)

And let's not mention future players that he was able to practically steal from other clubs such as Ekdal and Iago, not to mention overseeing the infusion of younger players from the ranks. Younger players that under the previous regime would have been loaned out until they were 30 years old.

One more thing. As prestigious as Juventus is, the reality is that they do not have the type of money that an Inter, Real, Man U, or a Chelsea have. They work within their budgets, and I don't remember too many people complaining about how much they paid for Diego and Melo when they came here, so if they say that their budget is spent, then it most likely is. So don't use revisionist history when complaining that they are being too cheap now with the Fullback situation. Very, Very few people complained abou the price tag of those two when they were pruchased. Newsflash, it isn't YOUR money, anyway.

I'm as sick of the lack of objectivity as you are Jack. I really am. The absolute lack of patience from some people here in regards to a squad that was basically left for dead 3 years ago is beyond appalling.
simply amazing post :mark:

+rep

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not sure I understand what you're saying, but if you're trying to say that people dislike Secco JUST because he is not Moggi, that's not true for some people.

This was probably the first time I mentioned Moggi in over a year. If you notice, I never compare him to Secco or even bring him up.

But Secco has to earn his God-like status.

Not even close. You criticize Secco as being incompetent because he was the one to give the papers to the referee. Well Moggi was (long time ago) a station master and became a very successful football manager. And I am not by any means saying that Secco is god-like nor even a great football manager. He's only learning and he still has lots to learn. LOTS

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not even close. You criticize Secco as being incompetent because he was the one to give the papers to the referee. Well Moggi was (long time ago) a station master and became a very successful football manager. And I am not by any means saying that Secco is god-like nor even a great football manager. He's only learning and he still has lots to learn. LOTS
Moggi had minor and major roles at other clubs before taking his major role with Juventus. This was a long time after he started working with Allodi.

It's not even close to being a proper comparison.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Moggi had minor and major roles at other clubs before taking his major role with Juventus. This was a long time after he started working with Allodi.

It's not even close to being a proper comparison.
The point is that any background can put you in a position similar to Secco's in Italy.

But hey, as I said earlier, feel free to bash the shit out of him. The only thing I am here to say is that I find that ugly, disgusting and worthless. It simply makes me dislike this place that I love a lot. That's the only reason that makes me mock. And if that is not welcome well the outcome is simple actually.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So, Grosso? :D

I can see the club running out of time and patience with this move.
I don't think that Grosso is good nor the way Secco is handling the negotiations. If it happens I'll be happy because he's better than Molinaro and De Ceglie combined, if it doesn't I'll still enjoy the season. I'll even attend a match or two, something the haters would not do.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The point is that any background can put you in a position similar to Secco's in Italy.

But hey, as I said earlier, feel free to bash the shit out of him. The only thing I am here to say is that I find that ugly, disgusting and worthless. It simply makes me dislike this place that I love a lot. That's the only reason that makes me mock. And if that is not welcome well the outcome is simple actually.
How much bashing of Secco have I done this summer?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm not saying this is the case, but wouldn't it be interesting if Secco was always going to be Moggi's replacement and learned some tricks from the Station Master himself?

Everyone would turn on Secco and bash the board.

If Hindsight is 20/20, and now that we know exactly what went on during the Moggi Regime, if he in fact was groomed to take over the position by Moggi himself, then yes I would turn on Secco and the board. But it wouldn't be because of their transfer decisions, it would be based upon the new board of directors not doing anything about the culture that existed during Moggi's time by keeping Secco on board to be his replacement.

Actually, if that was the case,and what you say is true, I would be absolutely ashamed to be a Juventus supporter, knowing that they would allow such a culture to exist after what the team went through three years ago.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I hate it when you guys compare Moggi to praise Secco.

Secco or the board deserve all the critics for most of the work they had done the past two years. Too many mistakes, sure there were some nice deals too, Manninger's transfer for example was amazing.. We bought too many unnecessary players, even Amauri was on of them (yes I know what a player he is, but he wasn't the first priority to strengthen our weakest links).

As for this year, he is doing good so far, maybe we overpaid Melo's transfer, maybe we could negotiate, we could abuse Fiorentina's financial weaknesses, Diego worths every penny we paid, Caceres is a great deal, Cannavaro good deal (not a hard one probably), Zanetti's sale was a mistake (we should have offered him the new contract he was expecting). So far good, it's not great, because we know what our weakest area is, and still we didn't strengthen there firstly. If we spent the whole budget, then that's a terrible mistake, we need fullbacks desperately, if we sign a decent one for a good price, that's when I will tell you that we had a great transfer campaign, but it's not great just yet!!

But comparing this season's campaign with the past two, there is a huge difference and I hope they keep working this way!
My point of concern, snoop, is that Moggi seemed to get a free pass with every terrible transfer, (and there were numerous), and terrible quote (even more numerous), while secco and company get raked over the coals for everything that doesn't go their way.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Hindsight is 20/20, and now that we know exactly what went on during the Moggi Regime, if he in fact was groomed to take over the position by Moggi himself, then yes I would turn on Secco and the board. But it wouldn't be because of their transfer decisions, it would be based upon the new board of directors not doing anything about the culture that existed during Moggi's time by keeping Secco on board to be his replacement.

Actually, if that was the case,and what you say is true, I would be absolutely ashamed to be a Juventus supporter, knowing that they would allow such a culture to exist after what the team went through three years ago.
Well, it might have been the case. But even if it was, Secco wouldn't necessarily pull some of the same alleged antics that Moggi allegedly once did.

The only reason why I brought it up was because most people who defend Secco hate Moggi, so I just wanted to see what the reaction would be.

I mean, after all, the guy did spend a lot of time under Moggi, so...

The real question is.

Do you still love me??:cry:
Ummm, no.

I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast: :jvefan:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, it might have been the case. But even if it was, Secco wouldn't necessarily pull some of the same alleged antics that Moggi allegedly once did.

The only reason why I brought it up was because most people who defend Secco hate Moggi, so I just wanted to see what the reaction would be.

I mean, after all, the guy did spend a lot of time under Moggi, so...

Ummm, no.

I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast: :jvefan:

My hatred of Moggi and my willingness to give Secco a chance are mutually exclusive. I don't hate Moggi because of Secco, nor do I support Secco because of my hatred for Moggi and how he left this squad a burning pile of ashes.

My argument is not whether Secco would try to pull the same crap that Moggi did. If he in fact was under the tutelage of Moggi all this time, then if the board and ownership are true to their word about wanting a clean slate, then Secco should not have been promoted, or even still be here in any capacity.

That being said, and it might be a myopic point of view, I feel that Gigli and Blanc are smarter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)