Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (101 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Noooo..................Come on now
I know your stand on the board, Sergio. I think we share the same view.

I think they make their mistakes but that's only normal because you can't get good staff who can deal with a club at the calibre of Juventus. All of them are engaged with other clubs. The only wrongdoer in the whole picture is Moggi. He was fit for the job but he abused it and that's why we're suffering.

We can't get someone better than Secco to take his job, it's that simple and no on doing Secco's job had a more relevant job as Secco had (at least in Italy, because in England and Spain it's different).

He deserves the criticism but he doesn't deserve the constant bashing, and not not him only, Blanc and Gigli as well. And this bashing is constant here. I really love this place but this constant unnecessary bashing is making me lose my interest and I hate it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The funny thing is that after signing Cissokho, they don't really need or trust Grosso, i wonder what Fabio will do there if Aulas refuses to sell.
We should have gone after Cissokho.

Grosso will probably just sit on the sidelines like a good little boy.

Aulas is an ass.

We can't get someone better than Secco to take his job, it's that simple
I don't know about that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The likes of Franco Baldini come to mind. I mean, there are a lot of people out there who have more experience than Secco, and I'm sure they would love to work for Juventus.
What makes you so sure? What makes you so sure they would want to work for a club that has just been out of a trial (regardless if it were just or not)?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What makes you so sure? What makes you so sure they would want to work for a club that has just been out of a trial (regardless if it were just or not)?
Well, if that's the case, then why did Diego and others come to the club?

We've already been reprimanded for the alleged crimes and are now back in Serie A. Will we have to forever rely upon people already associated with Juventus to work for us because nobody else will?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I think they make their mistakes but that's only normal because you can't get good staff who can deal with a club at the calibre of Juventus. All of them are engaged with other clubs. The only wrongdoer in the whole picture is Moggi. He was fit for the job but he abused it and that's why we're suffering.

We can't get someone better than Secco to take his job, it's that simple and no on doing Secco's job had a more relevant job as Secco had (at least in Italy, because in England and Spain it's different).

He deserves the criticism but he doesn't deserve the constant bashing, and not not him only, Blanc and Gigli as well. And this bashing is constant here. I really love this place but this constant unnecessary bashing is making me lose my interest and I hate it.
Jack, you better not leave. I won't allow it. Just ban the negativity:D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
for 2 millions i say yes for 4,5 i say no. We overpayed for to many players like poulsen, tiago and alimiron etc. Now it's time to stick with our offer and lyon should give us a discount because of the tiago deal, were they screwed us.
yes for both! I don't mind about 5 million euros, it is a necessary transfer, we don't have much choices available!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Look, I'll be the first to criticize Secco when he has screwed up. But I've said it once, and I will say it again. He was put in a very unenviable position when he was promoted to his current standing. Now, I understand that there are a lot of wanabe transfer managers who would say "What??? I would KILL to be the transfer manager of Juventus.", and you wouldn't be wrong in that belief.

However, with the dark cloud hanging over this franchise when the shit hit the fan (Much thanks to Moggi and crew for basically not having the faith in your players to win matches on your own, so you had to resort to bribing, and locking oficials in the locker room), there was no one out there, be it internally among the higher ups,or transfer guru's from other cloubs who were knocking down the doors to step up to the plate and take the reins.

Let me repeat that. NO ONE. Whether it was the transfer directors from Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria, Genoa, Fiorentina, or any other clubs both in and outside of Italy, nobody wanted the job. If there was someone more qualified at the time that truly had interest in the job, does anyone believe that the board wouldn't have taken them on? Wouldn't "a breath of fresh air" been the most welcome sight this team could have used at the time??

Of course it could have.

He got thrown to the wolves, and to expect him to come out like a champion in his first year or so, considering the little amount of experience he had, was to be quite blunt, foolhardy, to say the very least. These missteps were to be expected, and to those who thought that maybe that wasn't possible because he "learned at the feet of Moggi", you know what? I'M GLAD THAT HE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING FROM THAT FUCKING MAFIOSO WANNA BE CROOK!!!!!

I would rather deal with taking a longer path to restore the former glory of this franchise that I have loved since 1976, than to take take a quick fix routine, and basically cheat, intimidate, and extort in exchange for immediate gratification.

You know what I find absolutely hilarious. Every single move, every single quote of Secco's gets criticized, and automatically thrown into a negative light, yet I could spend hours on end talking about the numerous Moggi fuckups in the transfer market, yet no one is willing to acknowledge that that Don Moggi had more than his share of disastrous purchases, and his ridiculous quotes such as "We didn't buy Kaka because we thought he would play like his namesake", and people just brush it off and say "Oh that Luciano, he's such a card".

Wrong. He's such a fraud is what he is.

So, Secco refuses to give up 20 million plus Giovinco, PLUS Marchisio for D'Agostino, and some blubbering dunderheads on this forum balme him for "Ruining the relationship with Udine".

Secco goes out and gets Cannavaro, Melo, Diego, and Caceres, and most people say that it was "a good transfer campaign". Uh no. Listen to the pundits and they will tell you that it was a damn, damn good campaign, and its not even over yet.

And let's just forget about Amauri, Sissokko, Brazzo (on a free transfer no less), and the one person who truly saved our collective asses last season, Alex Manninger. Last I checked, they were all acquired under Secco's watch. You can talk about Almiron and Tiago as well as being questionable purchases, but no one is perfect in the transfer market, and far more greivous errors have been made in the last couple of years on other clubs (Quaresma, anyone???)

And let's not mention future players that he was able to practically steal from other clubs such as Ekdal and Iago, not to mention overseeing the infusion of younger players from the ranks. Younger players that under the previous regime would have been loaned out until they were 30 years old.

One more thing. As prestigious as Juventus is, the reality is that they do not have the type of money that an Inter, Real, Man U, or a Chelsea have. They work within their budgets, and I don't remember too many people complaining about how much they paid for Diego and Melo when they came here, so if they say that their budget is spent, then it most likely is. So don't use revisionist history when complaining that they are being too cheap now with the Fullback situation. Very, Very few people complained abou the price tag of those two when they were pruchased. Newsflash, it isn't YOUR money, anyway.

I'm as sick of the lack of objectivity as you are Jack. I really am. The absolute lack of patience from some people here in regards to a squad that was basically left for dead 3 years ago is beyond appalling.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Look, I'll be the first to criticize Secco when he has screwed up. But I've said it once, and I will say it again. He was put in a very unenviable position when he was promoted to his current standing. Now, I understand that there are a lot of wanabe transfer managers who would say "What??? I would KILL to be the transfer manager of Juventus.", and you wouldn't be wrong in that belief.

However, with the dark cloud hanging over this franchise when the shit hit the fan (Much thanks to Moggi and crew for basically not having the faith in your players to win matches on your own, so you had to resort to bribing, and locking oficials in the locker room), there was no one out there, be it internally among the higher ups,or transfer guru's from other cloubs who were knocking down the doors to step up to the plate and take the reins.

Let me repeat that. NO ONE. Whether it was the transfer directors from Roma, Lazio, Sampdoria, Genoa, Fiorentina, or any other clubs both in and outside of Italy, nobody wanted the job. If there was someone more qualified at the time that truly had interest in the job, does anyone believe that the board wouldn't have taken them on? Wouldn't "a breath of fresh air" been the most welcome sight this team could have used at the time??

Of course it could have.

He got thrown to the wolves, and to expect him to come out like a champion in his first year or so, considering the little amount of experience he had, was to be quite blunt, foolhardy, to say the very least. These missteps were to be expected, and to those who thought that maybe that wasn't possible because he "learned at the feet of Moggi", you know what? I'M GLAD THAT HE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING FROM THAT FUCKING MAFIOSO WANNA BE CROOK!!!!!

I would rather deal with taking a longer path to restore the former glory of this franchise that I have loved since 1976, than to take take a quick fix routine, and basically cheat, intimidate, and extort in exchange for immediate gratification.

You know what I find absolutely hilarious. Every single move, every single quote of Secco's gets criticized, and automatically thrown into a negative light, yet I could spend hours on end talking about the numerous Moggi fuckups in the transfer market, yet no one is willing to acknowledge that that Don Moggi had more than his share of disastrous purchases, and his ridiculous quotes such as "We didn't buy Kaka because we thought he would play like his namesake", and people just brush it off and say "Oh that Luciano, he's such a card".

So, Secco refuses to give up 20 million plus Giovinco, PLUS Marchisio for D'Agostino, and some blubbering dunderheads on this forum balme him for "Ruining the relationship with Udine".

Secco goes out and gets Cannavaro, Melo, Diego, and Caceres, and most people say that it was "a good transfer campaign". Uh no. Listen to the pundits and they will tell you that it was a damn, damn good campaign, and its not even over yet.

And let's just forget about Amauri, Sissokko, Brazzo (on a free transfer no less), and the one person who truly saved our collective asses last season, Alex Manninger. Last I checked, they were all acquired under Secco's watch. You can talk about Almiron and Tiago as well as being questionable purchases, but no one is perfect in the transfer market, and far more greivous errors have been made in the last couple of years on other clubs (Quaresma, anyone???)

And let's not mention future players that he was able to practically steal from other clubs such as Ekdal and Iago, not to mention overseeing the infusion of younger players from the ranks. Younger players that under the previous regime would have been loaned out until they were 30 years old.

One more thing. As prestigious as Juventus is, the reality is that they do not have the type of money that an Inter, Real, Man U, or a Chelsea have. They work within their budgets, and I don't remember too many people complaining about how much they paid for Diego and Melo when they came here, so if they say that their budget is spent, then it most likely is. So don't use revisionist history when complaining that they are being too cheap now with the Fullback situation. Very, Very few people complained abou the price tag of those two when they were pruchased. Newsflash, it isn't YOUR money, anyway.

I'm as sick of the lack of objectivity as you are Jack. I really am. The absolute lack of patience from some people here in regards to a squad that was basically left for dead 3 years ago is beyond appalling.
Post of the year!! :mark:

Thank you so much, its great to see some common sence in this place for a change

+rep

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
"Unenviable" job of being an executive of a top football club?

I'd have someone cut my finger off to have his job.
And again, you are talking like one of those wanna be general managers out there.

Juventus was NOT considered a top football club when the demotion hit. They were considered a disgrace to Italian Football. But then again, you know more than all of the sporting directors who tunred them down, right?

YES, it was unenviable, because there was no guarnatee whatsoever that juve could come back from Serie A in one year. No guarantee of that at all. Not when every single club in Serie B was treating their matches with Juve aas their personal World Cup.

They were left holding the back from the debacle of what Moggi and the Triade did.

How nice of you to pick up on ONE SENTENCE of my post though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Of course it could have.

I wonder if Cron has the balls to read this entire post. Well said chief.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I will tell you this. The one move that he didn't make this year that pissed me off, is he didn't push for Lorenzo De Silvestri. For Fiorentina to get him for for 4 million, for a 21 year old with Serie A, UEFA Cup, and Champions league experience was just mind blowing.

That move, or lack thereof, I criticized him on.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm pleased with what we got this summer. This mercato exceeded my expectations, I was not expecting as much as we got. Grosso would be nice, Rafinha would be a dream. But if it ends with Caceres so be it, I have faith with what we have to do well this year.

It only means we will be having to make major reinforcements next year. Obviously we would need two new wingbacks, a new CB to replace Canna and a DP and perhaps a Trez replacement. That is going to be expensive. 4 maybe 5 new players I think we would need next year. Canna, Trez, and DP are aged and Zebina is getting older plus Grygera/Molinaro needs replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)