Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (55 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
There is a huge difference between club football and international football.
No there's not as long as it's a sport we're talking about. I like certain players, I like some certain ways of playing football therefor I like certain teams no matter they're national teams or clubs. I don't even know if I like Italian people, or their culture or anything else related to them but I like their football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Exactly. You have to be a citizen of Italy to play for Italy. You don't have to be a citizen of Italy to play for Juventus. That's the big difference.
You don't have to be a citizen of italy to play for italy, ie Giuseppe Rossi. You can just have Italian blood. Also i have a friend who was born in Iraq, his parents are iraqi, he moved to the UK when he was 7 and only has a British passport. Is he an Englishman then?? This nationality/fanboy discussion is transparent nonsense.
Several International players of many international teams could vouch for that, most of all the azzuri. For the record I was born in italy and qualify by your standards to be a legitimate fan, although i kno many people who are fans of spain, brazil, italy and others who have no association with those countries. You deserve the right to be free to support whoever you want and no one anywhere, particularly in this forum, has the right or authoirty to make a decision otherwise.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fanboy is an inappropriate term. Particularly when we are trying to exhcange opinions in a civilized manner.

Diego is a world class player, couldn't make it at Porto. Lippi is a world class manager, couldn't make it at inter. shevchenko was a great player at milan, couldnt make it at chelsea. Canna-Madrid? This list could go on and on and on... Sometimes great players cannot fulfil their potential in certain evironments. Grosso has had a difficult couple of seasons but in the right environment ie Juve he could become a great player again.
Grosso has failed at every big club he's travelled to. That's not the case with the players you mentioned.

Even disregarding this stuff, Grosso is average defensively. The only thing he's got going for him is that he's quick with the ball and can cross. If you think such a player is an excellent left-back, then there's no point in me discussing anything with you.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
No there's not as long as it's a sport we're talking about. I like certain players, I like some certain ways of playing football therefor I like certain teams no matter they're national teams or clubs. I don't even know if I like Italian people, or their culture or anything else related to them but I like their football.
I partially agree with you, but one should only support a team other than their National team when they aren'ti the tournament or have been knocked out. I support Ireland depsite their ugly football and the shitness of their team, I suport ITaly when Ireland arent there because you can't really be a footall neutral

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Both are sports but Juventus are not representing Turin nor are they a club that has players ONLY from Turin. Azzurri on the other hand is representing a nation with a selection of the best ITALIAN players. Juventus are a club, an organisation, a company call it whatever. They do have significance to the city they were founded in but they are not there to represent that city or town. They are there to compete in that sport FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT. The national team competes in the same sport for the good of IT'S OWN COUNTRY.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
So now I can't call other countries football teams shit because I live in a country that doesn't have a big army??

I sir, shall call England Shit anytime I want.
Not the point.If your national team is shit & you dont support them,yet you support another national team,how can can one start hurling insults?

I agree,England are shit.:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Both are sports but Juventus are not representing Turin nor are they a club that has players ONLY from Turin. Azzurri on the other hand is representing a nation with a selection of the best ITALIAN players. Juventus are a club, an organisation, a company call it whatever. They do have significance to the city they were founded in but they are not there to represent that city or town. They are there to compete in that sport FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT. The national team competes in the same sport for the good of IT'S OWN COUNTRY.
:tup:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Not the point.If your national team is shit & you dont support them,yet you support another national team,how can can one start hurling insults?

I agree,England are shit.:D
I kinda get where you're coming from.

Regardless, anybody whodoesnt support their national team isnt a real football fan or lives under autocratic rule...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What do you guys think about fans of Barcelona, you know, with all that Catalan stuff they got going on.
Don't get me started now :D I am in a middle of a battlefield with Azzurri fanboys, we'll get to that when the time is appropriate.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
:lol2:

I stopped reading right here. Another racist blood lover.

I'm through with you.
Youv called me a fanboy...a racist blood lover...all ive done is state my opinion. Iv not called you anything personal. You have conducted yourself in a less than stellar manner. I dont even understand these terms. You can play for italy without a passport if you have italian family descent. Thats not my opinion, thats fact. Im not a 'fanboy' as you see it because i was born there and by your standards can support them, i just disagree that other people dont have the right to support them if they want.

You wanna take the low road with name calling and all this 'through with you' stuff, your decision. But this is a forum to exchange opinions and as long as that's the case, that's exactly what im gonna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)