Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Thats mental. Firstly, I am italian i just don't live there anymore. Secondly, if i wasn't i would be merely a football fan who supports a team of his choice. Thats like saying if your not from Torino your a Juve fanboy. Football is a game, a sport, support the team you want. Whts the difference between a fan or a fanboy at the end of the day? Internet nerd terminology is the answer. Hundereds of million of fans round the world support many different teams they have no international association with and as far as im concerned thats fine.
:tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
He'll get an Italian passport in September.
Alright, he still won't be Italian. He might play for the Azzurri though so he'll normally have to love the team he's playing for. Now we have a Brazilian who likes Azzurri NT so he is an Azzurri fan boy. I'd accept this logic if Jack didn't make fun of those who were moaning about Amauri's non-Italian blood.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Right ok, if your trying to deny Grosso was one the WC's top performers the you have a bias or something. He was a great player for Italy and had a great season at Palermo too. He can run with the ball and put in a decent cross, and has shown he can play on the biggest stage. Im for the signing, and i reckon he will prove a lot of people wrong.

Also, to answer the Materazzi question, the next season after the WC in italy he scored ten goals, and won the best defender award at the calcio awards. Not my favourite player, but he had his moment at least.
Thats exactly my point.
No, that was not your point. Pay attention here. I said that I am not opposed to Grosso because he is indeed better than our current staff at the position. You said he is an excellent player, which he is not. I don't know how he's such an excellent player when he could not win over starting roles in two of the top club teams in the world. Therefore, saying he's excellent is not correct, because excellent players secure their roles in those clubs.

Grosso was good going forward for the Azzurri in 2006, but he was bailed out defensively by Cannavaro, who was probably the best in the world back then. Cannavaro not only had to bail out Grosso, but also the dunderheads next to him in Materazzi and Barzagli. So that was quite amazing.

But no, your original point was that Grosso is an excellent player, which he is not. That is simply not possible and you cannot say he is one just because he's a "World Cup Winner." Freakin' Zaccardo was on that team as well, so that fact debunks that crap.

I can't stand Azzurri fanboys who use that line as justification for buying their overrated players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Alright, he still won't be Italian. He might play for the Azzurri though so he'll normally have to love the team he's playing for. Now we have a Brazilian who likes Azzurri NT so he is an Azzurri fan boy. I'd accept this logic if Jack didn't make fun of those who were moaning about Amauri's non-Italian blood.
What do you mean? Amauri is not italian by blodd but he's Italian because he's eligible of the Italian passport. He's an Azzurri fan boy until he becomes Italian and September was a joke, for me he's Italian as of now and thus not a fan boy. It's the same logic that I used when I mocked the Italian blood gang.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What do you mean? Amauri is not italian by blodd but he's Italian because he's eligible of the Italian passport. He's an Azzurri fan boy until he becomes Italian and September was a joke, for me he's Italian as of now and thus not a fan boy. It's the same logic that I used when I mocked the Italian blood gang.
What makes someone an Italian? Many players get Italian passports considering the limitations for non-EU players in European teams. This doesn't make them Italian. Amauri is always a Brazilian but this Italian blood shit can't keep someone from playing for another national team IMO. It also can't keep someone from being a fan of another national team. There's nothing wrong with this.

There's also no difference between a national team and a club from this point of view. I'm not Italian, I've never been in Turin and I'll probably never be there but I like Juve and I'm a fan of them. A bunch of my favorite players are playing for the Azzurri so I like them even though I neither have Italian blood nor do I have Italian passport.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What makes someone an Italian? Many players get Italian passports considering the limitations for non-EU players in European teams. This doesn't make them Italian. Amauri is always a Brazilian but this Italian blood shit can't keep someone from playing for another national team IMO. It also can't keep someone from being a fan of another national team. There's nothing wrong with this.

There's also no difference between a national team and a club from this point of view. I'm not Italian, I've never been in Turin and I'll probably never be there but I like Juve and I'm a fan of them. A bunch of my favorite players are playing for the Azzurri so I like them even though I neither have Italian blood nor do I have Italian passport.
Where did I say it's wrong to support a national team other than your own? I am not one who says what is right and what is wrong but I can have my own point of view about those people who do. Or can't I?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Where did I say it's wrong to support a national team other than your own? I am not one who says what is right and what is wrong but I can have my own point of view about those people who do. Or can't I?
You think it's wrong otherwise you wouldn't mock those who do that. You think it's wrong and I think there's nothing wrong with this. That's all.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You think it's wrong otherwise you wouldn't mock those who do that. You think it's wrong and I think there's nothing wrong with this. That's all.
I don't think it's wrong. Wrong is not the word I'd use for describing supporting a national team other than yours; ignorant expresses my feelings more.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
No, that was not your point. Pay attention here. I said that I am not opposed to Grosso because he is indeed better than our current staff at the position. You said he is an excellent player, which he is not. I don't know how he's such an excellent player when he could not win over starting roles in two of the top club teams in the world. Therefore, saying he's excellent is not correct, because excellent players secure their roles in those clubs.

Grosso was good going forward for the Azzurri in 2006, but he was bailed out defensively by Cannavaro, who was probably the best in the world back then. Cannavaro not only had to bail out Grosso, but also the dunderheads next to him in Materazzi and Barzagli. So that was quite amazing.

But no, your original point was that Grosso is an excellent player, which he is not. That is simply not possible and you cannot say he is one just because he's a "World Cup Winner." Freakin' Zaccardo was on that team as well, so that fact debunks that crap.

I can't stand Azzurri fanboys who use that line as justification for buying their overrated players.
Fanboy is an inappropriate term. Particularly when we are trying to exhcange opinions in a civilized manner.

Diego is a world class player, couldn't make it at Porto. Lippi is a world class manager, couldn't make it at inter. shevchenko was a great player at milan, couldnt make it at chelsea. Canna-Madrid? This list could go on and on and on... Sometimes great players cannot fulfil their potential in certain evironments. Grosso has had a difficult couple of seasons but in the right environment ie Juve he could become a great player again.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Personally for me i find it damn annoying when these azzurri fanboys from minnow footballing countries keep calling my national team shit when they know they dont even have a proper national army.

Its all fine & well if they wanna right off their national teams but there's no reason to hate on mine.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Personally for me i find it damn annoying when these azzurri fanboys from minnow footballing countries keep calling my national team shit when they know they dont even have a proper national army.

Its all fine & well if they wanna right off their national teams but there's no reason to hate on mine.
So now I can't call other countries football teams shit because I live in a country that doesn't have a big army??

I sir, shall call England Shit anytime I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)