Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Overall a fantastic Mercato, if the Grosso deal goes through, 2 million is a steal in my opinion. I would of liked Rafinha however there is January for that. Props to the board, 2 attacking players and 3 defenders this Mercato, Cronio must be pleased.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I sense that Lippi is behind this? 3/4 of his defense are playing together day in and day out. He must be very happy now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am sure Lippi is happy, but I don't think he had anything to do with the fact that Molinaro is horrible. That is why we are in the market for a LB, not because of Lippi influencing. Man I really hope we get Criscito back (and Ariaudo) next year.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I sense that Lippi is behind this? 3/4 of his defense are playing together day in and day out. He must be very happy now.
I noticed that too.

I also noticed that Aly Cissokho failed a Milan medical because of his teeth. (You think he would have gone to the EPL with that kind of verdict.)

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Grosso is actually an excellent player. Always plays well for Italy and lets be honest, without him Italy would NEVER have won the world cup. He can run with the ball, cross it well and is a decent enough defender. OMG if we signed him we would be more complete than we have ever been in the last 4 years. Nobody here should turn up their nose at this signing. Also, 3 of the 4 Italian NT defenders. Think of the synergy and ease of communication. Grosso needs a platfrom to play well, Juve would do it for him, I have a feeling this is destiny.

I really want him to sign.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Giovinco, easily. Santon is a fullback, those are easier to find. A Giovinco type of player is harder to find.
I think is the other way around man. How often do you find a Maldini in your ranks?. To bad he is inter though but hopefully not for long.:evil:

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
I think is the other way around man. How often do you find a Maldini in your ranks?. To bad he is inter though but hopefully not for long.:evil:
what about maradona?
what about pele.

don't talk shit for God's sake... like there will never be a player like maldini.... I player like maldini will never make a difference in a team as maradona did. Or other strikers!

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
I think you're overrating Grosso a bit.
Nah you are really underrating him. Im not saying hes the world's best but he is damn well adequate for us right now. If he comes i can virtually guarentee he will become a fan favourite. Look at Cannavaro. Played for Inter...he was no good. Real.....not much better. But for Italy and Juve he performs well. Grosso was great at Palermo and utterly FUNDAMENTAL to italy becoming World Champions. He shone brightest on a stage that had all the world's best players. He didn't settle at Lyon and Inter? Many Italian players have that problem. At Juve he will find peace, find his form and people will see the Grosso that two years ago stole the show from everyone.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Nah you are really underrating him. Im not saying hes the world's best but he is damn well adequate for us right now. If he comes i can virtually guarentee he will become a fan favourite. Look at Cannavaro. Played for Inter...he was no good. Real.....not much better. But for Italy and Juve he performs well. Grosso was great at Palermo and utterly FUNDAMENTAL to italy becoming World Champions. He shone brightest on a stage that had all the world's best players. He didn't settle at Lyon and Inter? Many Italian players have that problem. At Juve he will find peace, find his form and people will see the Grosso that two years ago stole the show from everyone.

what about molinaro? what problem does he have, why can't he settle :p?

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
what about maradona?
what about pele.

don't talk shit for God's sake... like there will never be a player like maldini.... I player like maldini will never make a difference in a team as maradona did. Or other strikers!
:lol: come on dude, i wasn't talking shit it's just honesty. and please all the greatest defenders like Scirea, Maldini, Baresi, cannavaro, Beckenbauer, are probably the most important underrated players, they aren't legends for no reason. Without a stable defense Maradona or pele wouldn't be what they are now. Defense. is number one in a team my friend. So back to the main point. in pure honesty i will rather have Santon than giovinco.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Like I said earlier, we're gonna like him when he goes forward and puts those crosses in but curse at him when he doesn't track back at times and is slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)