Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Grosso is too old and has never really done it for club level. But I wouldn't be too upset with signing him for 2-3 million, he could mentor DC for a season or so. But I would rather not, our fullbacks are not ideal but they are decent enough and we have a good amount of depth now.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What can Grosso teach De Ceglie? :confused:

It's not like Grosso is a master defender from whom De Ceglie can learn all the tricks of defending. Plus, you can't teach someone how to run up and down the pitch, how to cross, how to have great stamina.
I fail to see what can a fullback teach another fullback.

I understand that a young CB can learn a lot about defending from an older CB. I can understand younger players learning some tricks from Diego and Del Piero, or a young striker learning from more experienced strikers, but i really fail to see what can a LB learn from a LB.

We have reasons atm to buy Grosso, but Grosso being DC's teacher certainly isn't one of them.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005

It's not like Grosso is a master defender from whom De Ceglie can learn all the tricks of defending. Plus, you can't teach someone how to run up and down the pitch, how to cross, how to have great stamina.

I understand that a young CB can learn a lot about defending from an older CB. I can understand younger players learning some tricks from Diego and Del Piero, or a young striker learning from more experienced strikers, but i really fail to see what can a LB learn from a LB.

We have reasons atm to buy Grosso, but Grosso being DC's teacher certainly isn't one of them.
Agreed Alen.

Grosso is required to do a specific job of strengthening the left back position whilst De Ceglie continues in his attempts to improve all aspects of his play.

Paolo has yet to really fulfil the potential revealed two years ago. However, it is still too early to try to establish how good he will eventually become. In the meantime we need to exercise patience.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I'd hope we sell molinaro and keep DC as a back up, Molinaro is a losing cause. I think this is the first time ever that i've seen a fullback playing for a top european club that can't even cross the ball....

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

I think you can, a full back's technique can be taught in regards to crossing especially where you can show him where he is going wrong. Defending you can really teach for a full back, its certainly not only about running up and down. Positioning, cross covering, when to go up, link up, pressure and mark amongst other abilities can all be taught imo.

I don't think Grosso can teach much anyway and i dont think we are bringing him here for that.

Eirik

Feb 14, 2007
I dont think we'd bring grosso just in hope that some of his experience will scrape off on dc. he would mainly be signed to solve our current lb-issues. that dc will teach on or two things during grosso's stay will only be a bonus.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Grosso would be great to have in our squad. Is crossing is awesome, considering we have three attackers who are really good with head (iaquitna, trezeguet and Amauri) so having grosso there would be extra weapon...

P.S. I loved how chillieni raped Luciano. I said this guy is a great LB :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I don't understand why people keep using this, "X player will teach Y player" argument to justify these people being in the team. It's almost as if we don't have any coaches, so we need the players to teach each other.

If we're giving contracts to players first and foremost to teach youngsters, this team has problems on multiple levels.

This is pretty dumb, IMO.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Eh, if we do it then it better only be on a one year contract. Otherwise lets wait until we can get a great young LB instead of having 4 players for that position.

Why don't we keep up after Rafinha?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The latest from the papers are Grosso to Juve for 1-2m €, 3 years and big wage cut. They also say something new this morning. De Ceglie loan swap to Napoli for Maggio. I like Maggio, he could be our new Torricelli. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its 6m pounds, but yeah, I am not suprised we dont have much funds left, but it would be nice if we got him somehow still. Though we wouldnt only need to sell Grygera to make space, but sell him, get decent price that will be of use, and most importantly find someone to pay his salary. Sadly, quite pessimistic about this.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The latest from the papers are Grosso to Juve for 1-2m €, 3 years and big wage cut. They also say something new this morning. De Ceglie loan swap to Napoli for Maggio. I like Maggio, he could be our new Torricelli. :D
Why the fuck would Napoli do that? :D They rate Zuniga that high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)