Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
You never, the old silver fox may be that horny.

nonetheless, i still like the idea of brinign in Grosso and have DC as his unstudy.

Molinaro just doesnt cut it and he really doesnt offer a lot on that left side.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Lol, no doubt. He will get a pat on his back from a Lippi and an honorary cap for being so shitty and playing so many games for Juve. He and Plasmati will enjoy doing one-twos against Easter Island in a non-official FIFA friendly.
Is that supposed to be Platini? :lol: That's the funniest name I've heard :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lippi didnt call up Plasmati? wtf? :D

But there is a hilarious squad Donadoni called up in his first game in 2006, after WC, a whole team of nothing but Molinaro's, whole squad with players from Samp, Palermo, Atalanta and such.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You're the mod. You should make it an offence to do otherwise."

Lippi didnt call up Plasmati? wtf? :D

But there is a hilarious squad Donadoni called up in his first game in 2006, after WC, a whole team of nothing but Molinaro's, whole squad with players from Samp, Palermo, Atalanta and such.
Oh, but he did call a bunch of those dudes.

It was these randoms for the New Zealand game-

Portieri: De Sanctis (Galatasaray), Marchetti (Cagliari);
Difensori: Cassani (Palermo), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Olympique Lione), Esposito (Lecce), Legrottaglie (Juventus), Santon (Inter);
Centrocampisti: Biagianti (Catania), Brighi (Roma), D’Agostino (Udinese), Galloppa (Siena), Gattuso (Milan), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria);
Attaccanti: Foggia (Lazio), Mascara (Catania), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Pellissier (Chievo), Rossi Giuseppe (Villarreal).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh, but this is nothing, except Biagianti, Cassani, its not really outrageous call ups like the Donadoni squad in fall of 2006. Mascara and Pellissier prolly had their only call ups, but they were on fire in the league, and didnt hurt to give them little minutes. Esposito is a young and promising defender being tried.

But otherwise, its nothing like the squad I am referring to, hehe.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
You never seen him? He is not really good (just a big dude who can head ze ball), but he has scored against us, though pretty damn understandable to not remember him. Forgettable run of the mill striker.

Dude, I can't watch any other team save Juve. I get bored instantly. The only other teams I'm capable of watching are River Plate and sometimes Lazio. Otherwise no other Serie A team, no other La Liga team and the EPL doesn't even exist to me.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Oh, but this is nothing, except Biagianti, Cassani, its not really outrageous call ups like the Donadoni squad in fall of 2006. Mascara and Pellissier prolly had their only call ups, but they were on fire in the league, and didnt hurt to give them little minutes. Esposito is a young and promising defender being tried.

But otherwise, its nothing like the squad I am referring to, hehe.
This!

Goalkeepers
Marco Amelia (Livorno), Flavio Roma (Monaco)

Defenders
Daniele Bonera (Milan), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giulio Falcone (Sampdoria), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Christian Terlizzi (Sampdoria), Luciano Zauri (Lazio), Cristian Zenoni (Sampdoria)

Midfielders
Massimo Ambrosini (Milan), Gennaro Del Vecchio (Sampdoria), Massimo Gobbi (Fiorentina), Fabio Liverani (Fiorentina), Stefano Morrone (Livorno), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Franco Semioli (Chievo)

Forwards
Andrea Caracciolo (Palermo), David Di Michele (Palermo), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Mauro Esposito (Cagliari), Cristiano Lucarelli (Livorno), Tommaso Rocchi (Lazio)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That whole squad was shit, except Amelia, Chiellini, Di Natale. Its indeed the shocking squad I meant.

Ze, wtf, are you even a football fan? :D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
That whole squad was shit, except Amelia, Chiellini, Di Natale. Its indeed the shocking squad I meant.

Ze, wtf, are you even a football fan? :D
Yeah. Let me be a bit more specific: I was referring to regular season games. Champions League and other tournament games are an exception :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'd welcome everyone who's going to endanger Molinaro's place.
Come on, Grosso > (De Ceglie + Molinaro)
Yes, he' old, past it and all, but at least he's a fullback who's capable of defending, unlike De Ceglie and crossing, unlike Molinaro.
I know what you mean but I don't really rate Grosso. I never thought he's a good defender and actually I always thought he's pretty bad for Azzurri. So many people overrate him (and his famous goal) and it's usually Italians of course but I've never seen his talent or something. To me he just looks like a clumsy defender, slow and with pretty bad crosses. People say his crosses are 10 times better than Molinaro but I don't think that's true.

Some say he's a short term solution...Even if we sign him for a couple of millions and if we cut his wages I'm almost sure he'd be in our line up next season as well.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know what you mean but I don't really rate Grosso. I never thought he's a good defender and actually I always thought he's pretty bad for Azzurri. So many people overrate him (and his famous goal) and it's usually Italians of course but I've never seen his talent or something. To me he just looks like a clumsy defender, slow and with pretty bad crosses. People say his crosses are 10 times better than Molinaro but I don't think that's true.

Some say he's a short term solution...Even if we sign him for a couple of millions and if we cut his wages I'm almost sure he'd be in our line up next season as well.
Italian fan boys to be more exact, most of them are neither italians nor have been in Italy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Agreed, Dusan. He is incredibly clumsy and I'd rather not have him here, although he is better than Molinaro, but that's not saying anything at all. The guy also gets on my nerves through his 'antics'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)