Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (111 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
again Gazzetta mentions him in tomorrow's paper. Lyon want at least 2m €, Juve offers 1m. Grosso earns 2.5m € per year.
Signing him isnt the problem even if shortsighted, but who goes? Please tell me its Molinaro (though doubt it), Ciro doesnt seem to have liked him much in pre-season, its likely. But please dont tell me its De Ceglie.

If its in the expense of Molinaro, I will greet Grosso with a bear hug.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I would hope Moli but I don't see who would want him. Maybe just add Grosso to the mix and see what happens. We have many mids missing so DC could play there once in a while and when Grosso sucks or something.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It would be sad to see DC go, but I would feel a lot better going into the Serie A and CL campaigns knowing Grosso will be our starting LB instead of wondering if Molinaro's gonna be a starter or if De Ceglie would fulfill his promise.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah, 100% must keep DC, period. Sign Grosso as extra competition if a must, displace Molinaro, or make DC compete more in midfield. But no matter what, dont want to see DC leave at all, doesnt make sense.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I would also keep Yago but he's close to join Almiron at Bari. Bari are out of the Coppa Italia so their coach might want experienced player to stay in A and Yago would be like Giovinco with Cagni at Empoli. :mad:

Injuries are a bitch so he could be useful. KEEP HIM!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Nah, 100% must keep DC, period. Sign Grosso as extra competition if a must, displace Molinaro, or make DC compete more in midfield. But no matter what, dont want to see DC leave at all, doesnt make sense.
Displacing Molinaro isn't very easy. Who on earth would buy him and pay him what Juve does? I like DC too, and if we can keep him and use him as backup in midfield and defence and we sign Grosso, then I'm cool. I would be most happy if he were to become a starter and we can rely on him being a defensively sound LB with a great offensive skillset. But I wouldn't depend on it and 1M Euro is a really good price for Grosso, who could be the difference between winning trophies or not.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I would also keep Yago but he's close to join Almiron at Bari. Bari are out of the Coppa Italia so their coach might want experienced player to stay in A and Yago would be like Giovinco with Cagni at Empoli. :mad:

Injuries are a bitch so he could be useful. KEEP HIM!
That used to piss me off so much. I looked out to see if Empoli games were showing every week and would have to watch the whole game, hoping Giovinco would come on eventually. I rejoiced when that punk, Cagni got sacked. And with the little time Gio got there, he would've been better off staying at Juve. Hope the same doesn't happen with Iago.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Even if we dont like Molinaro, he is not ALL BAD, despite his limitations, dont get me wrong, he isnt good enough for us. But what I mean is, you making it sound like it would be impossible to find suitors for him, this late, it isnt easy, but he is defenitely good enough for several clubs below our level. He was somewhat good for Siena, and would be good signing for a couple of those ambitious mid table teams.

I doubt its to displace Molinaro that we are interested in Grosso (hope we give him 2 year contract tops), but 1m is very cheap and I despite his age, defenitely prefer him over Molinaro.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The clubs that are at his level (Siena, Lecce, Crotone :D) probably can't afford his wages. Maybe we can send him to a Championship side, Newcastle perhaps.

And he IS bad. I mean defensively, he is only below standard, but offensively, he's on my level. He can't trap or cross for shit, that's so blaring obvious. I think he shortened Nedved's life by a few years with the stress he gave him when they attempted one two's. The worst is when he sees a defender in front of him blocking his path and knowing his limitations, blasts a cross into him and runs happily to take the throw in. Brazzo does that a lot too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats the thing, you are underrating him if you think only Lecce, Siena and the like are the only clubs he is good for. Basically can play in Udinese (Pasquale is worse then him), Genoa (as squad player, Modesto isnt better), Palermo, Atalanta, Sampdoria, Palermo and even Napoli etc.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Thats the thing, you are underrating him if you think only Lecce, Siena and the like are the only clubs he is good for. Basically can play in Udinese (Pasquale is worse then him), Genoa (as squad player, Modesto isnt better), Palermo, Atalanta, Sampdoria, Palermo and even Napoli etc.
But will they be willing to pay him what we're paying him?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Lol, no doubt. He will get a pat on his back from a Lippi and an honorary cap for being so shitty and playing so many games for Juve. He and Plasmati will enjoy doing one-twos against Easter Island in a non-official FIFA friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)