Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Il Genoa Cricket & Football Club comunica di aver esercitato, in base ai diritti di sua competenza, l'opzione per l'acquisizione dalle società Juventus Football Club e Us Città di Palermo dei calciatori Domenico Criscito e Bosko Jankovic.

tuttomercatoweb

Criscito stays in Genoa... surpriseeee... :D

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
BUT I don't see how Criscito wouldn't be able to adapt to a sole attacking LB. He does it all the time with Genoa, at Juve he would have reassurances going forward that he has a wall aka Chiellini behind him if he gets caught up too far. That's the beauty of 4 at the back and 2 killer CMs roaming looking for a kill.
I love that line mate...almost as much as I love watching Momo hunt down the opposition on the field. He is relentless, though strangely, despite his ugly, uncompromizing brutality, i always end up thinking that he isn't consciously aiming to maime, far from it, he simply loses himself in his animal instincts, his body becomes a weapon and his only thought is KILL KILL KILL...I missed him during the last month or so of the season. What he lacks in technique, is balanced out by the effect he has on the minds of the opposition. There is a massive difference between the mindset of a player lining up against Zanetti, and a player lining up against Momo. if he wasn't playing football i have no doubts he would be running wild with the lions, ripping wilderbeest limb from claw with his teeth and toes...Can't wait to see him back..and woe and betide anyone who dares to injure his newly adopted brazilian baby...but saying that...one of the characteristics I personally liked about dIEGO, when i was reading about him, watching his skills on youtube videos, was his latin temperament. he seems to be far from willing to bite his tongue when deliberately wound up...I read a story about him grabbing a player by the throat who had feigned injury. Anyone have the footage of that incident???reminded me a little of Cantona's willingness to take matters into his own hands... Ahhhhh...genius eh! its often mixed with entertaining flames of lunacy.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
A ce départ pourrait s'ajouter celui de Fabio Grosso. «Fabio s'est interrogé auprès de son entraîneur sur l'opportunité de rester à Lyon...», précise Aulas.

L'Equipe 8/7/09

TF1 just reporting talks between Olympic Lyonnais and Juventus regarding a switch to Turin. The reported fee is speculated at €2.5m David Trezeguet not mentioned in the report.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
But I would rather have a RB instead of Grosso. I think De Ceglie has the most potential and could become a great LB while Im not so sure how Grygera and Zebina are going to own their flank on the 4-3-1-2.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Same here, I dont rate DC that high, and dont think Grosso is crap like some say, but defenitely prefer keeping DC and signing a good RB instead. Thats more vital IMO. If we are to sign an LB, make it Andre Santos or someone else who is good and younger.

Maki Roll

May 22, 2009
Why does almost everyone think, DC is a full back? The only reason why he plays the left full back is, because there were and still are no alternatives. It's just a compromise solution. His weaknesses in the defence are obvious. His role just is not the full back. For me, he actually is a typical left side midfielder resp. left centre midfielder. He played this role in Under 21 Euro for Italy, he used to play this in the primavera.
So i think a Grosso signing would be very, very senseful. He has the safety in the defence of Molinaro(and even better) and in the same time is very usefull in the offence.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Umm, Grosso is quite similar in style to DC, someone who bombs forward with constant runs and is a good crosser, and not so good defensive, seen Lyon games, and getting past Grosso mainly been a childs game.

He would be an ok stopgap signing, but I prefer we invest in an RB instead, if it means we will only sign 1 fullback, and have the 10 year younger DC given a shot as an LB.

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
If we get Grosso our transfer campaign would really be magnificent, but more then that isn't realistic in my opinion. Zebina will start next year, i just hope he won't be injured too much.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
De Ceglie is a good player but he can turn to be a Molinaro, We need someone consistent, I hope De ceglie proves me wrong, in attacking he is pretty Good but his defense is a bit shaky, let's wait and see... I want santacroce that's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)