Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (77 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
OK, so we get Grosso for a year as a quick fix. Then what? Next year we will be in the same boat again as Grosso will be older. We lose DC and Criscito anyways, so we are left looking for a great LB that we can't find because they are in such short supply. I don't see that changing next year, especially as we will strongly look at buying a great wingback.

What I don't understand is why we just don't bite the bullet and spend heavily this year so we won't have to wait another season. We are going to have to spend extraordinarily heavily on our defense next year in 3 positions whereas it could have been avoided had we had not lost DC and Criscito. But now, we risk losing both so next year we will need massive funds to renovate our defense and probably a new young striker.
According to Fred, Clichy will be a world class talent by the end of next year so you guys can just buy him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Woah! World class?

I never said that. Maicon is world class, Vidic is world class. I said he would be one of the top fullbacks in Europe, that does not equate world class.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
OK, so we get Grosso for a year as a quick fix. Then what? Next year we will be in the same boat again as Grosso will be older. We lose DC and Criscito anyways, so we are left looking for a great LB that we can't find because they are in such short supply. I don't see that changing next year, especially as we will strongly look at buying a great wingback.

What I don't understand is why we just don't bite the bullet and spend heavily this year so we won't have to wait another season. We are going to have to spend extraordinarily heavily on our defense next year in 3 positions whereas it could have been avoided had we had not lost DC and Criscito. But now, we risk losing both so next year we will need massive funds to renovate our defense and probably a new young striker.
We get Grosso for a year and then we can bring Criscito back, if he has done well, next summer.

I fail to see the problem.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If he's a top fullback in Europe,than he's world class. World Class fullbacks don't play in Asia or Africa AFAIK
Tomato, tomahto.
Nope, i don't like to use world class so loosely.

For me world class, is Maicon, Vidic, Rio Ferdinand. But it's all down to your own definition of the term "world class" i guess.

then you have very good fullbacks like Ramos, Clichy, Bosingwa etc.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
lol Fred had a quick reaction...just waiting in the corner for his name to be mentioned.

Anyways, my argument is, we lost one maybe two young promising LBs and now we are going to buy an old one without much gas left in his tank. He will have some good games yes, but he is going to have some bad ones too (no one is 100% consistent). Why don't we just spend this summer so we don't have to worry about it next year? Clicy will cost how much at the end of next year? So we will spend a huge amount of money on a LB and need a new CB, RB, and striker? We should keep DC and bring Criscito back and tape his mouth shut.

Mar 14, 2004
We get Grosso for a year and then we can bring Criscito back, if he has done well, next summer.

I do,Cristico,as was said a million times before and SKY calcio said,and RaI said...is not a leftback,he's a centerback who can play on left. And we,as a World Class club....need a true leftback. That is our problem...... DC fits the bill.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

So why not just bring Criscito back now? How much does a player need to "mature" before he can wear our shirt? He did well this season, he is doing well at the U21's so why not bring him back now and spare us the trouble of gambling on Grosso and paying his higher wages? Just because Grosso one the world cup 3 years ago does not make him a guarantee next season. That's my problem.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I do,Cristico,as was said a million times before and SKY calcio said,and RaI said...is not a leftback,he's a centerback who can play on left. And we,as a World Class club....need a true leftback. That is our problem...... DC fits the bill.
BUT I don't see how Criscito wouldn't be able to adapt to a sole attacking LB. He does it all the time with Genoa, at Juve he would have reassurances going forward that he has a wall aka Chiellini behind him if he gets caught up too far. That's the beauty of 4 at the back and 2 killer CMs roaming looking for a kill.

Mar 14, 2004
BUT I don't see how Criscito wouldn't be able to adapt to a sole attacking LB. He does it all the time with Genoa, at Juve he would have reassurances going forward that he has a wall aka Chiellini behind him if he gets caught up too far. That's the beauty of 4 at the back and 2 killer CMs roaming looking for a kill.
in 4-3-1-2 formation,or any other that uses only 2 flankers,they have to be in max physical shape,with dangerous crossing and cannot afford to loose balls on the offense. Cristico can cross,I can cross,that's not the question,but he can't do it well enough to satisfy the needs of tactical system. Right side is no rose-garden too IMO.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
in 4-3-1-2 formation,or any other that uses only 2 flankers,they have to be in max physical shape,with dangerous crossing and cannot afford to loose balls on the offense. Cristico can cross,I can cross,that's not the question,but he can't do it well enough to satisfy the needs of tactical system. Right side is no rose-garden too IMO.
Cruello, its actually a Lilly garden.

Criscito is young and growing quickly both technically and tactically, I still want him back. The kid is confident when he has the ball, much more than last season. He knows DC, Marchisio, and Giovinco as they played together in Juve youth and U21. Chemistry is there, he just needs a coach to show him faith. That's why he wants to stay at Genoa because they allowed him the opportunity to show his worth, Ranieri did not do that. Ciro knows him well, I think Ciro can persuade him to come its just up to Genoa FC.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I said if.

If he doesn't appear to be what we need, we don't bring him back.

So why not just bring Criscito back now? How much does a player need to "mature" before he can wear our shirt? He did well this season, he is doing well at the U21's so why not bring him back now and spare us the trouble of gambling on Grosso and paying his higher wages? Just because Grosso one the world cup 3 years ago does not make him a guarantee next season. That's my problem.
We can't have him just now because Secco fucked up, so we find a short-term alternative this summer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I said if.

If he doesn't appear to be what we need, we don't bring him back.

We can't have him just now because Secco fucked up, so we find a short-term alternative this summer.
But is it a guarantee that we get him back next summer 100% certain? Because we "seemed" certain that he would return this summer but.......

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But is it a guarantee that we get him back next summer 100% certain? Because we "seemed" certain that he would return this summer but.......
Genoa had/have the rights to buy one half, which messed things up.

Assuming there is no unknown clause in the co-ownership agreement to Genoa's advantage, we can come to an agreement with Genoa to buy back their half or just out-bid them if we can't reach an agreement.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
the real question is, what the fuck are Genoa waiting for? he loves them, they love him, the fans love him, he's a fundamental player for them, why the hell have they not made it a "done deal"?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
the real question is, what the fuck are Genoa waiting for? he loves them, they love him, the fans love him, he's a fundamental player for them, why the hell have they not made it a "done deal"?
I was wondering that the other day.

I couldn't come up with any logical explanation.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I was wondering that the other day.

I couldn't come up with any logical explanation.
and they just made 25M on the sales of Milito and Motta, it's not like they don't have the green to sign him

I think they only want to keep him for another year, and not buy him outright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)